←  Ceremonial Magic

Occult Corpus

»

Where Does The Hga Reside?

violetstar's Photo violetstar 18 May 2017

Where does the Holy Guardian Angel reside?

The concept of a distinction between the Soul,the Spirit and the Personality dates back to the earliest times amidst much confusion surrounding issues of Mortality and Immortality.How does the HGA fit into the scheme?

Spida's Photo Spida 18 May 2017

I don't think you are looking at the structure of the Universe in a way so that the answer will make sense to you. One simplified way of looking at it would be an Onion metaphor. Kether is the core, and the successive layers of Cosmic Anabolism are the Layers of the Onion. Each layer would be an Era, or many Eons. Malkuth In Assiah would be the surface of the onion. This Onion expands perpetually into the Bulk of the Multiverse(If this is the Model we choose), at approx. light speed. That is the Macrocosm. As Above so below, as without so within. The Microcosm also is composed of layers.

So if you are talking about the Holy Living Creatures as the HGA. According to this theory your HGA would exist in the Onion Layer where it achieved such status. So existing in the Past. And in the Microcosm(as without so within), accessable via a form of regression.

You might want to read about the Mandlebrot Set if you haven't. It deals with complex patterns approaching micro and macro infinity.

See you later Sister
Ciao

i do not think the answer lies in mathematical or astrophysical equations as these fail to explain thought for example or feelings.

I was looking at the question from a magical perspective of Self rather than a cosmology.Personal rather than Universal.

Spida's Photo Spida 18 May 2017

I gave you the Mechanics first. So you can visualize the things being discussed. The mechanics of the Model I gave has Spirit at it's core, and also through it's progressions. This is where you find the incorporeal dimensions such as thought and feelings. The entire Model actually has Spirit as it's beginning. It's Microcosmic counterpart is Spirit(or derivative thereof)entirely. I did not overlook this. I just didn't mention it.

As far as Self. The HGA could be contacted by regressing through the internal layers of the Microcosm(Self).
Edited by Spida, 18 May 2017 - 04:25 PM.

thebard's Photo thebard 18 May 2017

Where does this hga get its understanding from? Does it owe to a greater authority than itself or is it 'the self?'

If it is the self, then what deity made the form of persons, ordered the cells to come together in a like manner to other forms of life so that procreation, speech etc. could even occur? It would have to owe to a greater governing deity that sent it, otherwise where did the common order of life come from? What is kether beyond light or source? Is it conscious, does it watch, can it act upon the world?
Edited by thebard, 18 May 2017 - 04:24 PM.

wren's Photo wren 18 May 2017

What does G# taste like?

What?

View Postvioletstar, on 18 May 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

What?

Exactly.

That's the same way I felt when reading the title of this thread.

The question is phrased in a way that precludes meaningful answers.

Thinking about the HGA in terms of location is necessarily going to have to be metaphorical; you can't point to it. Obvious, yes, but still important, since it suggests better frameworks. How and what are better questions here than "where."

As for answering those questions, frankly, you can call anything an HGA. The angel of the degree of the ascendant at birth, Michael, Raphael, a personal "solar" spirit, a spirit spouse, a spirit from beyond the realm of the fixed stars, and a dead relative are all options. Of course there are others, but I do think these are fairly illustrative of the "tone" of the idea.

Perhaps you could not understand the question.None of the options that you cite as possible analogies of the HGA fit.

Others have bothered to give their input but you choose to rubbish the title of the topic simply because you felt it made no sense.

The title is valid for others who understand the 'tone' of the idea.

If you feel you do not wish me to participate on this forum then I suggest you ban me.

View Postthebard, on 18 May 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Where does this hga get its understanding from? Does it owe to a greater authority than itself or is it 'the self?'

If it is the self, then what deity made the form of persons, ordered the cells to come together in a like manner to other forms of life so that procreation, speech etc. could even occur? It would have to owe to a greater governing deity that sent it, otherwise where did the common order of life come from? What is kether beyond light or source? Is it conscious, does it watch, can it act upon the world?
Those are interesting questions.Specifically can the HGA act outside of its internal residence?Very,very tricky.

View Postvioletstar, on 18 May 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Perhaps you could not understand the question.None of the options that you cite as possible analogies of the HGA fit.

Others have bothered to give their input but you choose to rubbish the title of the topic simply because you felt it made no sense.

The title is valid for others who understand the 'tone' of the idea.

If you feel you do not wish me to participate on this forum then I suggest you ban me.

Relax. I meant no offense and don't want you to stop posting. What I don't want is drama. That is against the community guidelines.

I was trying to be helpful. I have found recontextualizing problems, even in small ways can help me understand issues more clearly. Since there isn't a consensus about what the HGA is, I shared the most helpful piece of advice I have about the topic as phrased, a different way to think about it.

For the most part the HGA is understood as the protective 'Angel' allotted to each Soul at Birth.It is different to the Higher Self which is something attained to.The Yezidi for example saw the attainment of the highest state as the Peacock Angel.

The HGA concept was made popular in Occult circles by the requirements of Abramelin's Sacred Magic and of course by Crowley.Though the Grimoire contains the instructions for attaining the Knowledge and Conversation of the HGA,very little information is available on what or who the entity is.

We need as much input from Occultists as possible to tie in with what academic research can offer on the subject-which is also scarce.If anyone has an idea-and it need not be confined to Qabalah then please bring it in.

Lazarus Benedict's Photo Lazarus Benedict 19 May 2017

View Postwren, on 18 May 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

What does G# taste like?

Fried Chicken and cheap cologne.

I think he resides where hope and expectation fall apart in a rain of disillusionment.
Edited by Lazarus Benedict, 19 May 2017 - 10:49 PM.

Spida's Photo Spida 19 May 2017

I notice that "Holy Living Creatues" doesn't do well in a Google search, but yeah, I was referring to the "Chaioth Ha Qadesh". You probably knew that anyways.
Edited by Spida, 19 May 2017 - 11:46 AM.

violetstar's Photo violetstar 19 May 2017

View PostLazarus Benedict, on 19 May 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

I think he resides where hope and expectation fall apart in a rain disillusionment.
What made you think the HGA is male?

View Postvioletstar, on 19 May 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

What made you think the HGA is male?

My tendency to project my gender upon unknown entities.
Edited by Lazarus Benedict, 19 May 2017 - 11:34 PM.

ChaosRose's Photo ChaosRose 20 May 2017

Within.

violetstar's Photo violetstar 20 May 2017

View PostSpida, on 18 May 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

As far as Self. The HGA could be contacted by regressing through the internal layers of the Microcosm(Self).
Interesting.Do you have any method?

Spida's Photo Spida 20 May 2017

No Violet. It's just a theory put forth in an attempt to answer your question. It's based off my current Micro/Macro Cosmic Paradigm.

Doesn't it remind you of hypnotic regression though?
Edited by Spida, 20 May 2017 - 03:43 PM.