←  Within the Abyss

Occult Corpus

»

A Tether To The Soul

Tenebrae's Photo Tenebrae 30 Mar 2014

While my memory isn't the best facet of my mind, I believe that I once touched upon the subject of tethering a soul to a physical object...some sort of elegant construct that one could use within their spell workings. Initially, this concept focused around blood sealed within the vessels themselves, which would be composed of various materials like jet, quartz, all those fun things. Basically, I was thinking along the lines of a Jet or black jadeite sphere with some sort of chamber rimmed in oxidized silver that could be sealed with a quartz windowed stopper...and the blood would be deposited within this chamber. With a few sigils, this would serve as a tether to the individual who's blood resided within the object and allow the individual possessing such to use it as a sort of battery within their spell working.

Recently, technology makes things all the more interesting when it comes to this concept...

http://www.lifegem.com/

The ability to form diamonds out of an individual's remains, or even their hair, has such delicious promise when thinking along these lines. Be this through more controversial forms of obtaining the genetic material or consensual permission from one who's been enthralled...I do like the idea of taking someone and converting them into a gemstone that could then be incorporated into the previous concept.

Sounds like quite the powerful little battery indeed, no? I think I'm going to start collecting some hair of those I hold "dear"...this may, one day, be something I'd like to delve into when taking all that into consideration. The blood and crystallized essence of another merged into a single physical representation of your possession...truly an artistic and beautiful concept.

ChaosTech's Photo ChaosTech 30 Mar 2014

Can I have the lifegem of the great archmagus Tenebrae? :D

ChaosTech, on 30 March 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Can I have the lifegem of the great archmagus Tenebrae? :D

Thus far, there's only one individual who I would convert my carbon for...and she lives a considerable distance away and I'd want her carbon in exchange. :P

z0b's Photo z0b 30 Mar 2014

Yes not unlike a spirit jar just let you no you can do the same thing while the subject is still alive 9 time out of ten they won't even notice.

z0b, on 30 March 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yes not unlike a spirit jar just let you no you can do the same thing while the subject is still alive 9 time out of ten they won't even notice.

It's far more enticing for me when they do know...because it means that they have given themselves while fully knowing my intent to possess them. You could do this without consent, without having enthralled and captivated the individual, but I expect the results wouldn't be nearly as delicious.

RoseRed's Photo RoseRed 30 Mar 2014

I think the potential for splitting the soul (yours or others) into shards (singular or plural) is very high with this type of practice.

RoseRed, on 30 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

I think the potential for splitting the soul (yours or others) into shards (singular or plural) is very high with this type of practice.

Lots of promise, that's for sure.

Mugami's Photo Mugami 31 Mar 2014

Ten is not the type to be concerned. He may be a little too Billy Bob Thorton that way.

My thought though, Ten, is "why bother?"

It seems a waste of time and considerable energy, not to mention expense, for so little return. It seems a flawed business plan to me.

There are things far easier to dominate.

Tenebrae's Photo Tenebrae 31 Mar 2014

Mugami, on 31 March 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Ten is not the type to be concerned. He may be a little too Billy Bob Thorton that way.

My thought though, Ten, is "why bother?"

It seems a waste of time and considerable energy, not to mention expense, for so little return. It seems a flawed business plan to me.

There are things far easier to dominate.

I've never seen any creative endeavor as a waste of time, though this would be quite costly indeed. With that said, simply for the enjoyment of the act; there's always easier things to dominate, but not often are these as much fun. Ultimately, this wouldn't be something I could delve into unless I had procured a rather lucrative income.
Edited by Tenebrae, 31 March 2014 - 12:39 AM.

RoseRed's Photo RoseRed 31 Mar 2014

Good to know.