- - - - -

What Do You Think Of This Creed?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:17 AM

Man must have their freedom to invent, the freedom to create the life they desire for themselves. So long as that freedom does not inhibit other individuals liberty, health and wealth, it should be allowed. Were there to be two of Man that come together and agree to engage in activity that would ruin these components, then it is not my place to interfere, unless it impedes those components for me. Man has the right to earn and deserves to keep what they earn. All Man deserves the same opportunity and access to knowledge that will provide for their ability to earn. In a democracy, Man will be forced to submit to the majority, who may decide to part with some of their earnings to aid those that cannot earn, such as the elderly and the disabled. All of Man has the right to earn, and access to the tools that are available to Man so that they can produce. A Truly Good Man of this system will work to provide Wisdom as to how to take advantage of these laws so as to earn for themselves.

#2 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Like so many of your other threads, it smacks of a spotty education and generally shallow thinking, well-seasoned with an adolescent need for approval.

Your literature on this site, taken as a whole, reveals a throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach to getting that need met. It also suggests a trait-level attention deficit, which probably explains the knowledge deficits evinced by the cartoonish way you tend to characterize extant religions and philosophies in making straw man de jour arguments.

Kudos for breaking the pattern in this thread by foregoing the straw man. One can only hope that's progress.

In this post you seem to be ruminating on a characteristically 18th Century conception of American Democracy, though true-to-form, it's a cartoonish characterization.

A well-rounded education is the remedy to the cartoons that play in your head, the ones from which your posts to this site issue forth. If I'm right about the attention deficit, however, that's rather unlikely. Have you ever considered gardening?

Okay, the last sentence was a joke, but not what preceded it. Here's a more serious question based on the empirically provable assertion that you are not a good philosopher: have you considered focusing your efforts instead on developing practical magic skills?
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#3 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:02 AM

And your wisdom is...?

#4 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

I daresay you have no propositions. Youre just a retired old man that likes to smell the flowers and reminisce about days past when your fire still burned hot enough to cook with.

#5 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

Magick comes before Wisdom, and it is the fire in the philosophy. Magick is perception, and from it we declare what we see. I am not yet making ground into Wisdom, I am setting the terms for the perception, and in doing so I am espousing magickal formulas, and if you want to call it immature, then you dont understand basic Truth about idea.

What we see is an trick; an illusion. But, since we experience it regardless, we have to declare it something. And so, where to begin? There are many points to consider. You can start at birth, or at the joining of two people to create life, or start where you are this minute and consider what you know. You can start with the first wants, or the last- but whatever you do, you must name what you see. I like to relate the first understanding to Freud and his Id, Ego and Super Ego. I also like to remind my listeners that there is no Chaos, and that all is Truth, except that it is Chaos for you because you do not understand, or its actions are detrimental to your health and wealth and freedom.

I am naming reality, I am a magician, and for you to suggest that I should begin to become one makes me wonder if you have eyes to see what Magick really is. I dont need you deriding my efforts to stimulate other magicians and engage in conversation, what I need is a participant, but as I said, you are a retired Man that simply observes. If you can, prove me wrong, and provide something tangible for me to digest instead of me feeding you. Otherwise, hold your tongue and let me post in a public place.

#6 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostMskied, on 10 February 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

I am a magician...

I'm interested to know about that. How about starting a thread to discuss the specific craft(s) you practice?

#7 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationBigfoot's Neighbor

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

You could try typing a post when you aren't stoned, and see how that goes. Just saying.

Crowley's syllabus includes 72 volumes on philosophy. Each of these books has a textbook or two designed to discuss it at a university level, even obscure tracts like the Molina stuff. There's gold in them hills, dude.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#8 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostMskied, on 09 February 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

Man must have their freedom to invent, the freedom to create the life they desire for themselves. So long as that freedom does not inhibit other individuals liberty, health and wealth, it should be allowed. Were there to be two of Man that come together and agree to engage in activity that would ruin these components, then it is not my place to interfere, unless it impedes those components for me. Man has the right to earn and deserves to keep what they earn. All Man deserves the same opportunity and access to knowledge that will provide for their ability to earn. In a democracy, Man will be forced to submit to the majority, who may decide to part with some of their earnings to aid those that cannot earn, such as the elderly and the disabled. All of Man has the right to earn, and access to the tools that are available to Man so that they can produce. A Truly Good Man of this system will work to provide Wisdom as to how to take advantage of these laws so as to earn for themselves.

Why is this in the 'Witchcraft' thread?
What has it got to do with witchcraft?

#9 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

View PostOrlando, on 10 February 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Why is this in the 'Witchcraft' thread?
What has it got to do with witchcraft?

***Mod Hat On***

It isn't related to Witchcraft at all as near as I can tell. It's relationship to the overall theme of the website is tenuous at best, but I'll let it stand for the time being. The mods have a relevant discussion underway. If the content is deemed irrelevant it will be removed. For now I'll move it to the General Discussion category and leave to the author to justify it's continuance on this site.

R. Eugene Laughlin as Mod

#10 Winnipeg1919

Gone and soon forgotten

• Gold Member
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

View PostMskied, on 10 February 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

I daresay you have no propositions. Youre just a retired old man that likes to smell the flowers and reminisce about days past when your fire still burned hot enough to cook with.

You know, years ago I would have burned ANY forum member for something like this. Double speed if their thread were as self-indulgent and one sided as yours are.
Winnipeg1919

Facta non verba (Deeds not words) - Regimental Motto, Fort Garry Horse

#11 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 11 February 2019 - 02:05 AM, said:

***Mod Hat On***

It isn't related to Witchcraft at all as near as I can tell. It's relationship to the overall theme of the website is tenuous at best, but I'll let it stand for the time being. The mods have a relevant discussion underway. If the content is deemed irrelevant it will be removed. For now I'll move it to the General Discussion category and leave to the author to justify it's continuance on this site.

R. Eugene Laughlin as Mod

Maybe there could be a subheading called 'Personal Musings & Philosophies', for stuff like this?

Despite Mskied's claim to be esoterically uneducated, he is astute enough to realize that the word 'Creed', in the heading of the thread, is going to draw in the witchy types.

Anyway, Mskied has said his goodbyes now to the forum.
_

#12 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

Maybe there could be a subheading called 'Personal Musings & Philosophies', for stuff like this?

Those usually are called blogs.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users