- - - - -

Controlling Other Peoples Energy

6 replies to this topic

#1 johnhilton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:12 AM

I recently read a book by Osho titled “ In Search of the Miraculous”. In a chapter about shaktipat, Osho mentions other false methods by which gurus create an electric shock in the body. I consider this to be one of the greatest mysteries I have yet to observe, because no one has a clue about what is meant. Here is the passage:

You take energy from the food you eat and this energy charges the batteries in your body. Therefore, many times you feel the necessity to recharge the batteries. A man is tired and spent by the evening. A good night’s rest recharges him. However, he does not know what it is that recharges him in sleep. During sleep some influences are at work upon him. Much psychic research has been done andwe know what kind of forces work on him in sleep. If a man wishes he can take advantage of these influences in the waking state. Then he is capable of giving you energy shocks that are not even magnetic but which are of the body electricity. You can mistake this for shaktipat.
There are many other ways of pseudo shaktipat that are equally false. They are in no way connected with the actual transmission of divine energy. If a person has no knowledge of body magnetism, of body electricity, but he knows the secret of breaking the electric circuit of your body, he can give you energy shocks then too. There are many ways of breaking your body’s electrical circuit, and when this is disturbed you receive a shock. Nothing comes from the other person toward you but you feel the shock. It is the shock of your own body electricity which has been disturbed

Can anyone explain further what he means? This is supposedly a high level mystery which no one has been able to answer to me.

#2 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:48 PM

View Postjohnhilton, on 30 November 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Can anyone explain further what he means? This is supposedly a high level mystery which no one has been able to answer to me.

The sensations of a jolt of electricity through the body (usually felt most keenly through the gut) is a natural phenomena, most commonly termed some variant of an "adrenaline rush" today. It's caused by a sudden and relatively large release of "stress" hormones, the ones that mobilize metabolic processes to escape or fend off a threat. However, that sort of hormone releasing event can be triggered by many things other than an imminent threat. The triggering event can be entirely mental; something like a sudden realization that one's best friend has betrayed them could do it, and so could a sudden insight with profound spiritual implications. The sensations aren't spiritual in and of themselves, they're hormonal.

There's no high level mystery there. Taking undue credit for natural phenomena, that one and a handful of others, amount to the charlatan's bag of tricks, used to manipulate people to get their money, sexual favors, and such. In this day and age, no one should be ignorant enough to fall for such tricks, yet many still do.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#3 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationBigfoot's Neighbor

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

Look up John Chang on Youtube. Is this what you mean? Because all of that is fake. I can do it. For about two dollars in gimmicks, so can you.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#4 johnhilton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:49 AM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 30 November 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

The sensations of a jolt of electricity through the body (usually felt most keenly through the gut) is a natural phenomena, most commonly termed some variant of an "adrenaline rush" today. It's caused by a sudden and relatively large release of "stress" hormones, the ones that mobilize metabolic processes to escape or fend off a threat. However, that sort of hormone releasing event can be triggered by many things other than an imminent threat. The triggering event can be entirely mental; something like a sudden realization that one's best friend has betrayed them could do it, and so could a sudden insight with profound spiritual implications. The sensations aren't spiritual in and of themselves, they're hormonal.

There's no high level mystery there. Taking undue credit for natural phenomena, that one and a handful of others, amount to the charlatan's bag of tricks, used to manipulate people to get their money, sexual favors, and such. In this day and age, no one should be ignorant enough to fall for such tricks, yet many still do.

Ok. But you didnt explain how to give someone else an adrenaline rush? How do you the fake gurus do it?

#5 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:25 AM

View Postjohnhilton, on 01 December 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

Ok. But you didnt explain how to give someone else an adrenaline rush? How do you the fake gurus do it?

They tell you things that sound amazing, get you to think deep thoughts.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#6 johnhilton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 01 December 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

Hmm... that makes sense actually. On a completely different note, I noticed you are a moderator. Do you know of a member named Whisper? I have a few questions to ask him regarding "the eyes and magnetism". Can you help?

#7 johnhilton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 01 December 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

If you cannot point me to that user, can you at least answer my questions? They are regarding the eyes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users