- - - - -

Why Should We Learn Astral Projection And How Is It Different From Lucid Dreaming?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jastiv

• Old Timers
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:49 AM

I've been doing Lucid Dreaming for a while. But I'm not sure why we should learn Astral Projection in the first place. I'm entirely unsure of exactly what benefits it offers.
What information to you actually get from the astral plane that is worthwhile that you can't get from lucid dreams or while normally awake?

#2 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:44 PM

I have still got my dream journals from the time when I could do lucid dreaming, which cover a period of ten years, and I would say that lucid dreaming is useful for practising dream powers, and for finding out what life is like on the astral plane (also known as 'the next world' or 'the spirit world.' ) Most dream powers would seem miraculous on the Earth, but are quite normal on the astral plane.

Regarding 'how is it different from lucid dreaming?' You can enter into astral projection either from a lucid dream or from the waking state. I never managed to do it from the waking state. In some of the past discussions we've had here, there have been people who say there are two separate places. They said lucid dreams are inside your own dream space, and beyond that is the proper astral plane which is more dangerous, where you can get hurt. I never experienced that- I experienced that it is all the same place, and you can't get hurt.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#3 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:31 PM

View PostJastiv, on 29 November 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

I'm entirely unsure of exactly what benefits...

Some people find benefit in the practice and some don't, presumably for a wide range of reasons in both directions.

In my personal experience, the problems most people face in learning how to do it and how to make it useful are tied to their expectations. That is, they get so busy trying to experience what they expect it to be like, they ignore the important things that are actually happening.

The answer to that problem, again in my personal experience, is good basic training rooted in ritual magic, that importantly includes full sensory experience of raising and directing magic energy. When astral work is pursued from that direction, after a year or so, the transition from typical fleshy experience to full sensory astral experience is as natural as standing up from a seated position and walking around in a circle, stopping at each cardinal direction to wave arms and shout.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users