- - - - -

The Realm Of Philosophy

10 replies to this topic

#1 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

I was reading about Cartesian Dualism, and comparing what I read to my own notes, and I started to find some disputes in what I was seeing. Then I started working on a better way to explain how the Soul and the Mind function, and address whether there is a separation.

The Truth of it is that it doesnt matter if they are separate. It doesnt matter if its material, unless your job is to find it with some tool. It doesnt matter because what is a Soul in light of life? Is it a thing that moves beyond here? Do you think this process is ungoverned? If you think we are in control of our Soul, then you will admit that what you do is important for its development. If you think it was created separate, then you know that it could become anything, and what we do matters very little, in the end- at least when it comes to its destiny. The Truth is that I am a living thing right now, and this consciousness may or may not transcend death, and we would assume that who we are is who we will be in the next phase of existence, to some degree or other- that means that we aught to be concerned about who we are. In the end, that is the only take away from considering Soul. Mind, on the other hand, is a huge untapped thing to worry about, for if my mind is not in line with what I believe I aught to be, then I suffer, and that is why psychology is important. Psychology, though, is nothing without Spirituality, because the psychological state of success relies on my belief in what is Good, which is a purely Spiritual element.

Edited by Mskied, 09 November 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#2 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Ok here is a more robust theory. I will always say that what you do now is the most important thing, but since there is worry about a Soul I will talk about it.

All things are Mind- of some Entity, be that thing a thinking willful thing, or a combination of all of our specialized consciousnesses, the idea is that it all unites. That means that who I am is a product of who my parents were, and who I am around in life. The parent is a product of this process too, and so when you have a mind that is probably creating the soul, that soul is the life essence of the Man, and when your Soul is in line with wisdom, and you create a child, you are imbuing it with part of your Soul Life. That is why people dont want a mixing of culture- because we want to perfect our culture to control our environment so that we can live in peace and prosperity.. When you break this cycle you create new experience, and new wisdom- some that will contradict the established Truth.

So, the Soul of a person is the person, and it creates the identity within you, and should it not be in line with your current mindset, you might find yourself wondering why you are drawn to one thing but find it disgusting. Your Soul is you, and your mind is you, but the mind can be offline of the Souls knowledge, and the Soul can be offline because the knowledge that formed it was inadequate to what the Mind has since discovered to be Good. We pass this on, and that is why we must master ourselves, and how we interact with the environment.

#3 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

And to top it off, there is a spiritual realm that affects us as we sleep and even while we wake that we cannot identify, causing us to witness to new ideas and experiments, contrary to what the Soul wisdom of our parents want us to participate in.

#4 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:14 AM

I am deciding that Crowleys physics is simple: I exist to choose. His Law of Thelema means that my Will is the Law. The whole point of creation (if it was created, or not) is for me to choose and to act. This is inherently True, for I must act. I have been promoting what those actions might need to be. Considering that this is still a land of consequence, we have to honor SOMETHING. That is a good point to begin when deciding right action. Crowley will dispute that there is such a thing, but any Man that is hungry will tell you what they will do next. I understand that a poet wants to be willful and lust after their desires, and that is what he is trying to create; a people of passion. He, like Nietzsche, believe that Man is meant to pursue their wants, and yes, getting satisfaction from a job well done, or from acquiring a desire is a great feeling that can sustain us for a long time. However, this sometimes contradicts reasonable behavior in regards to the aforementioned hunger. When you enlarge this to a global scale of survival, the fact that we are all interwoven and rely upon one another, it is easy to see where the other traditions get their Laws.

Edited by Mskied, 07 February 2019 - 11:28 AM.

#5 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

It doesnt matter if the Universe is accidental, or non intellectual- what matters is that Man IS animated, and that Man will suffer from cause and effect, and that is what should be the basis for reasoning out action. We will never know if this is an accident, or if it was planned, the same as we will never know if there is a God and if there is, who created that God. The fact remains; cause and effect- consequences.

#6 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

This began (so far as we pay attention) with the idea that there is One Thing, and if there is One Thing, then there is One Way, but now Man has to concede that there may not be One Thing as that Atomists suggest; it may be an infinite number of things, all eternal. Surely nothing impermanent is permanent, and everything that is, is- but some things will join for a time and become something new, and in that sense they are wrong; some things are created- and, potentially, some of those temporary unions might become a permanent compound, we do not know- though still, there must have been a finite amount initially. In the end, we have to admit that Man is a malleable creature, that simply does not "know" the "right" choice always, and so, Man is meant to do many things, just as varied, possibly, as the amount of finite things exist.

#7 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

I support Thelema not because it supports Evil actions, which it does- I support it because I would rather know that such Evil is possible, so as to fight against it. This Law does allow for tyranny, and it requires us to fight that power, should that be our Will. I believe that Man wants to create- that is my interpretation of what Nietzsche speaks of; Man wants to make their world something Good, and my Good is a safe place for Love to prevail, I know this is not the same for all of us. I choose to define Good so that we can all live in harmony. We wont, because there will be others that will defy my idea of Good, unless it is so perfect that none dispute it. Still, someone, somewhere, has the potential to be Evil, thanks to this Law of the Strong. This comes from observing Chaos, and the doubt that we are "meant" to do anything in any certain way. As I say, we need to disregard this possibility, and decide that we must agree, for our own sake, until the day we conquer disease, death, the elements, and hunger- then, when there is no consequence to obey, we truly can Do What We Wilt. And that is why Man is pursuing the defeat of these things: so that we can become God.

#8 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

Without the children of Chaos, there would be nothing new. Is there a static finite? Perhaps, but in that stationary place there is no life, although perhaps there is the opportunity to observe the fire dancers. (Heaven).

#9 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

The God is Chaos, the Goddess is Chaos- they are one and the same. Within them are stationary points that move among one another and expand the kingdom of Chaos, an infinite journey of life and action.

Edited by Mskied, 07 February 2019 - 12:07 PM.

#10 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

The Demons are laughing at us. They are Lawful creatures. They come before God to prove that we do not know Good. And so, they lure us away with false desires, convincing us of a Good that is not True, and they laugh as we flail about trying to produce some Good that will never be acceptable to God or Man. The sad Truth is that they are actually proving that some Law is unnecessary, that it might slow our progress towards invention. And so, these Demons may actually fall to the idea of Chaos, and promote it, not because they want to humiliate Man, but because they think it actually does invent Good. One of the questions they ask is "Will Man do what they want regardless of Wisdom? Will Man be able to know the Good? Will Man use their strength to enforce it, or will they choose to be gentle while we instill the fire of rebellion. How long before Man must use force?" all of these things are being put upon us as we fumble our way through this world of effort and reward, and we fall to this. All around us are the fallen, and the ones that were either never tested, or passed their trial. For those of us that fell and keep falling, we have to prove that this has a value, but what do we invent with our rebellion? Certainly some Good must come, but at what cost?

#11 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:12 PM

Some of Man are simply born to lose, and some are born to win. Apparently the Gods cant even figure out what is Good, and so... why should we know? To think that there is justice in this system, or to hold ourselves up to that standard is a difficult pill to swallow. Certainly at a point in life, we have to decide right from wrong, and hopefully there is still time to live a Good life, but if the Gods dont even know what that is, why should we? The bottom line is that money is freedom, and freedom is creativity, and creativity is what we desire to employ in our lives to imagine the best life for ourselves. It is Good when we are not questioned; when we get what we desire. It is Good when we have people listening and respecting us. It is Good to be safe financially, and to be doing work that provides me with a satisfying sense of contribution or creation. These Truths are absolute. Anything less, is a compromise to what is only sensible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users