- - - - -

I Am Declaring A New Law.

53 replies to this topic

#1 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

Greetings. I am Mskied, a Magus, and a Prophet, an Angel and a Demon. I am god and man and son. I have examined the old Law of Thelema, and I have found that its spirit is disagreeable to me. I am declaring a new Law. The new Law is Do Not Obstruct. Consider your rights under this Law, and the rights of your fellow Man, and you will see that this satisfies not only our sense of Love, but our sense of Liberty. It allows for invention and discovery, for agreement, and disagreement, and for ownership of property and Will. It also stops the promotion of unfair and riotous behavior, which should encourage the end of the ignorance of this so called Chaos Magick once and for all. There is no Chaos, there is only Truth, and objectives, and attempts and discussion. I have spoken, so let it be, Amen.

#2 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:15 AM

ob·struct
/əbˈstrəkt,äbˈstrəkt/

verb
verb: obstruct; 3rd person present: obstructs; past tense: obstructed; past participle: obstructed; gerund or present participle: obstructing

• block (an opening, path, road, etc.); be or get in the way of.
    "she was obstructing the entrance"
    synonyms: block (up), clog (up), get in the way of, jam (up), cut off, shut off, bung up, choke, dam up; More

barricade, bar;
    technicalocclude

"ensure that the air vents are not obstructed"
    antonyms: clear

• prevent or hinder (movement or someone or something in motion).
      "they had to alter the course of the stream and obstruct the natural flow of the water"
      synonyms: hold up, bring to a standstill, stop, halt, block

"he was charged with obstructing traffic"

• deliberately make (something) difficult.
      "fears that the regime would obstruct the distribution of food"
      synonyms: hold up, bring to a standstill, stop, halt, block

"he was charged with obstructing traffic"

• Law
      commit the offense of intentionally hindering (a legal process).

• (in various sports) impede (a player on the opposing team) in a manner that constitutes an offense.
      synonyms: impede, hinder, interfere with, hamper, hobble, block, interrupt, hold up, stand in the way of, frustrate, thwart, balk, inhibit, hamstring, sabotage; More

slow down, retard, delay, stonewall, stall, stop, halt, stay, restrict, limit, curb, put a brake on, bridle;
      informalstymie

"fears that the regime would obstruct the distribution of food"
      antonyms: facilitate, further

#3 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

If you obstruct there will be contest, and only the Man that is not doing anything to obstruct you is in the right.

#4 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:04 AM

What is more offensive than being opposed? What stands in the way of Love more than resistance?

#5 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

So, what do you do if someone comes to your house and starts taking your stuff?
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#6 vives gladio

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

As unbalanced mercy is but weakness which would allow and abet Evil, I reject this law and will intervene to obstruct in whatsoever matters as I deem fit under the guidance of my moral compass. I will not stand by when I am capable of acting.

#7 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 25 October 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

So, what do you do if someone comes to your house and starts taking your stuff?

You defend. They are obstructing your right to peaceably inhabit. Do Not Obstruct those that are not obstructing you, but should they obstruct your right to be and to do when it is not in the way of another, you have the right to contest.

#8 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostMskied, on 25 October 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

You defend. They are obstructing your right to peaceably inhabit. Do Not Obstruct those that are not obstructing you, but should they obstruct your right to be and to do when it is not in the way of another, you have the right to contest.

This reasoning will eventually lead to anything you don't like being interpreting as you being obstructed, and used to justify ignoring the law.

Edited by R. Eugene Laughlin, 25 October 2018 - 10:02 PM.

#9 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:46 AM

This is the very Spirit behind Law itself.

#10 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

Eh, the only Law I get is the Law of Harry, which is:
"Go ahead, make my day."

Which, because I love history, I theorize to be rooted in the Law of Charlie:
"If I give you the right to kill me, that gives me the right to kill you."

But because I also believe in time travel, all of this is provoked by meddling from a future Aeon, the Law of which states:
"Everyone can have their cake and eat it too."

I just want to be happy.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#11 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,720 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:45 PM

View PostMskied, on 26 October 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

This is the very Spirit behind Law itself.

I get it. You propose a law for the express purpose of breaking it. I don't see how that's supposed to lead to ending the promotion of unfair and riotous behavior or anything else you promise in your opening statement. You must have a rather rich internal dialogue going on about this stuff that you're not overtly expressing.

I mean this to be helpful and I hope you can take it that way: you're not making sense to those of us who don't live inside of you.

#12 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

To be honest this "New Law" sounds an awful lot like Jones Town and Jim Jones and it didn't work out to well for his followers. Though he promised them all it would be paradise on earth and he would be the new Messiah basically. Especially that false notion of love, liberty and equality.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#13 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

It works like this:

Do Not Obstruct.

Why? Because nothing is more offensive than being opposed.

Do Not Obstruct.

Why? Because children and lovers must run free into the passion of the play.

Do Not Obstruct.

Why? Because I, and you, are on our way, and what we need to do must be done.

Do Not Obstruct.

Why? Because if I am not harming you, you should not harm me.

Do Not Obstruct.

Why? Because we have established our rights and liberties, and I am free to pursue them, and unless the Laws of that day decline me these rights, you have no right to prevent my Will.

Do Not Obstruct.

Because the Law of Do What Thou Wilt will only be legitimate in some future time, when your Will is perfectly in line with the inoffensive Truth of Do Not Obstruct.

#14 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

Yep, just like Jones Town and Jim Jones until he melted down and had them kill themselves or he murdered them and killed himself when it no longer went his way. He loved children and other men's wives as well.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#15 thebard

• Old Timers
  • 540 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

Mskied, you mentioned Truth. Perhaps the occult is not for you. It isnt for me either. Occultists designate truth to the realm of mysticism, which is like designating water to the element of earth.

I like the ten commandments. Substitute God with Truth and false idols with falsehood and the commandments should make sense to any decent person.

Inventing our own laws is arrogant and foolish. We are preceeded by a creator, otherwise morality is relative, which you seem to be against.

#16 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 06:34 AM

Morality IS relative, and that is exactly why we declare new Laws. Absolute Laws? That would be hard to name, because for every Law there is a reason to break it. The Law I name is about a Spirit, much like your Jesus; a Spirit that is a Truth that when observed, will provide for Man a life, and method of living. If you think it through, you will find that if you do not obstruct, few will find disagreement with you., If someone obstructs you, they are breaking the Law, and can be contested. When I am not harming or in your way, you have no reason to harm me, and that is a Truth.

#17 vives gladio

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

I disagree with the premise that morality is relative. Immoral acts can be justified but that doesn't make them moral. If I have to punch a dog to keep it from biting a child, it was a necessary act but that doesn't mean striking animals is a moral action.

If I have to obstruct an animal from attacking someone, or obstruct my friend from driving drunk by slapping the car keys out of his hand, they'll just have to get over their disagreement with me.

#18 vives gladio

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

Your new law isn't new. I am not seeing a fundamental difference with the non-aggression principle. It's been done.

#19 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

This isnt just non aggression, it is permission to be aggressive- the permission to Do onto Other as They Do onto you. What it changes is casting the first stone, where Do What Thou Wilt will say to cast it if you Desire to. Do What Thou Wilt inspires Chaos and Do Not Obstruct inspires Order, a legitimate Order, and Order based on the knowledge that if I am not obstructing you or harming you, then you have no right or reason to do that to me. But if you do this, then I am in the right to retaliate, and so the Law will be on my side. It is the Spirit of Law itself.

Edited by Mskied, 27 October 2018 - 07:47 PM.

#20 Mskied

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:53 PM

This Spirit of Law being more in tune with the Truth of Nature than the fact that Man has liberty. This is the social Truth, whereas Do What Thou Wilt is an individual Truth that doesnt work within a civilization as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users