So Far, So Good

5 replies to this topic

#1 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:29 AM

Greetings folks.

It's been an interesting span of time since I started, made a handful of posts, and split to focus on learning and doing.

I don't know if anyone would care, find this little update amusing, or have any reaction whatsoever. Maybe another new person will stumble across it and get something.

As I've hinted in other posts, my primary interest is in trying to get a handle on the Golden Dawn body of material. I had considered finding a group of some sort to get better leverage on the work, but conversations with some practitioners and an in-person meeting with two prolific authors left me wanting. I am approaching this independently as of this time.

My primary references are heavy on the Regardie. There's the Big Red Doorstop, the Audio Tapes, the Middle Pillar, and recently The Tree of Life which I think I should have started with. I am certainly open to looking at any resource, and didn't set out to build the Lesser Library of Israel Regardie Books, it just sort of happened. I am certainly receptive to any suggestions that may come my way.

Thus far I've been working conservatively, not really venturing out of Neophyte curriculum with the exception of starting with the Middle Pillar. Though I haven't made a personal attempt on it, I found the recorded Invocation of Thoth particularly inspiring for lack of a better way to put it. The time may be coming to check out the next step before long. I like knowing a foundation is set rather than scramble up rickety scaffolding.

I have since vacated a detrimental job and gone on to work at a place with more enjoyable people and a viable career path forward, achieved a technical certification I have been dreaming of since the turn of the millennium, and weathered the loss of a loved one that I doubted I'd have been able to survive.

Starting to think of things from a new perspective has been invaluable - overcoming the inertia of day to day life and really starting to take an active direction over what I am doing has been to a good degree due to the inspiration I have found. Pushing myself through learning a new character set has done remarkable things for my memory, and the weight of hearing the Invocation has had a strong influence on setting myself for the task of study.

All things considered, I feel that I have covered some ground in the last half year or so

#2 Mskied

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:44 PM

I AM born wanting, I am born to desire. I am born to work, and I am born to acquire. I am born for these things because life comes from Fire. The pursuit of existence is to go higher and higher.

#3 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:54 AM

View PostMskied, on 21 September 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

I AM born wanting, I am born to desire. I am born to work, and I am born to acquire. I am born for these things because life comes from Fire. The pursuit of existence is to go higher and higher.

Thanks for the reply!
One thing I really enjoy about digging in to this is the exposure to various concepts and practices. I think working my way through will give me more exposure so whether I stick with or move on to other things I'll have lots of different tools to work with.

#4 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted Today, 12:03 AM

Hey Bro !
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#5 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 70 posts

Posted Today, 03:36 AM

Hello. Offer on a drink still holds if you're anywhere in either Greater Boston or Worcester area.

I seem to have been largely abandoned after that last exchange, but such is life. The work continues. Other than occasionally popping in to see what's new or review old posts, keeping on. Refining the LRP in banishing and invoking forms and working Middle Pillar exercise, along with starting on diagramming the Tree of Life. SIRP looks like it might be a logical next step, Hexagram rituals feel like there's more underlying concepts to get a handle on first. I could learn it like a dance routine but that seems like a disservice to my progress. May go check out a gnostic mass if for no other reason than to get my own first hand look at something different.

Getting ready to start thinking about my next text. Regardie's "Tree of Life" has been a good read. I'm thinking I might want to switch gears a little just so I'm not drawing too much from just one source.

Secular opportunities coming fast and furious, of both personal and professional nature. The near future is filled with interesting promise.

Edited by vives gladio, Today, 03:37 AM.

#6 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted Today, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the offer(again), but at the present time things are extremely insane around here with the upcoming holidays and all.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users