- - - - -

Demon And Spirit Rituals?

46 replies to this topic

#41 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 714 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 10:39 PM

View PostThehiddenone, on 21 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I didn't mean it like that, I was challenged to describe a thing, and you described it before me :P

@orlando
That makes a lot more sense

@R. Eugene Laughlin
I would prefer to believe that I'm somehow feeling my way through the veil and into the afterlife, but that may be because my preference is clearly influenced by my want for contacting the supernatural.

More realistically, I might be feeling some form of extra dimensional energy that might be the source for the occult.

Bolded mine

Have you ever died? Approaching the veil or even near crossing it is an separating experience that has an energy that is hard to define. It changes you. Even a psychopomp doesn't truly cross into the afterlife though they might interact with the dead.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#42 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostThehiddenone, on 21 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I would prefer to believe that I'm somehow feeling my way through the veil and into the afterlife, but that may be because my preference is clearly influenced by my want for contacting the supernatural.

More realistically, I might be feeling some form of extra dimensional energy that might be the source for the occult.

There are various ways to understand the experience. It's a good idea to acknowledge your preferences, but the truth is that it doesn't matter what you believe about it. All that matters is that you do the work. If you do the work diligently enough and for long enough, you'll progress toward your stated goals.

Most of the occult studies community thinks of it as magic energy, which is functionally apt. There's a technical understanding to be had if you're interested, but again, it doesn't matter if you accept or reject it. All that matters is that you do the work. There is a good reason to expose you to it now though. If you find out what it is, you accept it, and you lose interest in doing the work, then your instinct (and mine) that you're really not cut out for this kind of work, was/is probably correct. It's not the only thing that might dispose you toward or against this sort of work, but it's a thing you can find out about now, so you might as well.

The sensations you felt are a function of peripersonal space (PPS) perception, which is a complex of multi-sensory interactions that help us to deal with things in and around the space near the body. One of the early findings in this field of research was the identification of visuo-tactile neurons, neurons that respond to either visual or tactile input. In brief, that means is that we have a system that allows us to feel tactile sensations from something that hasn't actually touched us under certain circumstances, say, a foreign object hurtling toward us. The PPS system(s) are also implicated in tool use (striking a nail with a hammer, seating a screwdriver on a screw, even parallel parking a car). It's a very hot topic of research at present, and the way researchers think about it today has changed considerably over the last decade or so. You can google for it if you want to read some papers about it. It's interesting to me but be warned, most of the papers on the subject are a pretty challenging read for a general audience.

The most important thing to know about it here is that relevant systems are activated by focusing attention on a region near the body, which is why the technique you followed resulted in a tactile experiences. Of course the sensations are somewhat different from physical touch because the touch-sense receptors just underneath the skin aren't activated. The sensations naturally come from a higher-level of the perceptual system. In terms of experience, the sensations are more subtle and less precisely located than physical touch, as I'm sure you learned. I could go into a lot more detail about it, but that should be enough to get the idea. If you (anyone) has specific questions about PPS perception, I'll do my best to answer them.

In the meantime, you just gotten a taste of it so far. To make a useful magical tool of it, you need to develop more expertise with it. Here's the next step, if you're still interested:
  • Initiate a basic flow of energy between your palms following the steps of the basic exercise.
  • When the energy feels stable enough, keep your palms facing each other but move them to manipulate the energy into a ball about 6 inches in diameter. While there are many ways to accomplish this goal, a common way is to curve your fingers in slightly and move your hands in a manner similar to that of forming a snowball.
  • The sensations in your palms may change slightly as a result of this action. The sensations are likely to change and may diminish when you move your hands. That's to be expected at first. Continued practice will eventually overcome that tendency. Bring your hands back into their original alignment and start over anytime you feel you need to.
  • Continue the energy ball formation exercise in this manner twice a day, separated by at least 3 hours, for the next 10 days or so.

Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#43 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 09 December 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I can also say that both of those activities feel different from how I feel when I meditate, which differs from how I feel when I do what I call astral projection, and so on. Each of these activities feels different from one another, and differs from how I feel when I'm reading a book, or driving a car. Car driving and book reading feel different from each other as well. The point is, as near as I can tell, everything I do might be associated with a different "state." So, which of the many "state" I experience as I go about my business is the norm to which all other states can be considered an alteration?

I could have quoted the entire post, but to save space this will do.

With visual/peripheral apparitions aside, although they may serve as catalyst. I am just isolating the dimensional aspect of feeling here; the above is a good observation, and solidifies/demonstrates the depth/diversity of this concept.

Consciousness or various modes thereof whether they be subtle or remarkable are distinguishable, and contain measurement just as any other dimension of existence.

Spatially we can go from planck length to planck lenth, or from planck length to parsec - subtle or extreme. With time we can go from millisecond to millisecond, or from millisecond to millennium(one moment at a time, currently and practically), and finally with consciousness in the context of feeling from reading a book to reading a different book; driving a car or to an intense mystical state marked by or made evident by extraordinary changes in mood, feeling, and perception.

Perhaps these dimensional objects of creation are fabricated(made cohesive and complete) with the spectral element in mind or it is merely incidental. In any event the structuring or existence of measurement is apparent in this context.

And to respond to the above quoted inquiry. By default when I use the phrase "altered state", or similar I would be alluding to the more remarkable changes in feeling; consciousness - reflected in changes to my writing - while also emphasized(in the above quote) were some of the more tenuous aspects of this.

I'm not sure what the point to all of this is for me, really, other than that I may refer to consciousness/feeling as a dimensional aspect of existence alongside of space and time, for what it's worth.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/; The Old Blog: http://www.occultfor...php?f=7&t=38359

#44 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostSpida, on 07 January 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

I may refer to consciousness/feeling as a dimensional aspect of existence alongside of space and time, for what it's worth.

While you're (anyone) free to fancy any idea that sparkles to you, unless you start from a point of accepting that space and time are what they are whether or not there's a mind capable of experiencing them, I'm personally uninterested. Here's why: mental experience is infinitely variable from a practical standpoint. That's something you can make hay with, because you can pick and choose behaviors that have reliable effects on how you experience things. That can lead to insights that influence future behaviors that may never have been exercised otherwise. To me, that's the heart and soul of magic itself.

What it doesn't change is where you are when you do X or how much time passed while you were doing it. If you think it does, I want to see a demonstration.

#45 Thehiddenone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Well I'm back from the holiday break, and I've had quite a lot of time to practice this ball forming trick. It definitely took some time to master. How exactly should I use this in magic?

#46 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Practical applications are coming soon enough if you stay on your same pace. There's more developmental work to do at this point. Here's the next step:
  • Initiate a basic flow of energy between your palms and form an energy ball.
  • Turn your palms to face upward, allowing the energy ball to hover in front of you just above your palms.
  • Take in a deep breath, as if to draw in initial energy from the infinite space around you, and as you exhale, feed the energy ball to make it stronger/bigger. Whether you experience the ball as literally bigger is not as important as feeling it get stronger, so direct your efforts toward that end. Repeat a few times to make the energy ball significantly more intense.
  • When you feel the energy, ball is exceptionally strong, let your arms relax and your hands come to rest in your lap if seated, at your sides if standing, while allowing the energy ball to hover in place in front of you. While the sensations in your palms is likely to diminish at this point, you should continue to feel connected to the energy ball through your body, particularly the parts of your body that are closest to it. In fact, when this step is successful you will feel the energy ball most intensely connected to your body at its corresponding height, with a gradual drop off of sensation ranging away from that height above and below.
  • Bring your hands upward to surround the energy ball and take control of it with your hands once again. Practice steps 4 and 5 as many times as desired.
  • When you feel satisfied with the session, take in a deep breath, and as you exhale gradually turn your palms upward as you slowly separate them. Letting your hands come to rest in your lab if seating, at your sides if standing. The sensations in your palms will quickly diminish to insignificant as the energy dissipates.
Practice this exercise for another week or so. At this stage you should make a habit of having a little something to eat right after the exercise session. It needn't be much, and shouldn't be much if you're close to your normal bedtime, but it's important for a variety of reasons. Don't skip it. The most important reason is that this exercise and increasingly over the next two or three phases can leave you feeling somewhat unusual. Most describe it as feeling detached and some report an increased incidence of tripping over things, bumping into things, etc. It's also increasingly likely to experience unusual visual phenomena as you progress, often starting in your peripheral vision; these are normal occurrences given the work you're doing. They don't tend to lead to anything important so don't attribute anything special about them. Just have a little something to eat when you've finished working. It's the quickest and most certain path back to your standard modus operandi.

#47 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 07 January 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

While you're (anyone) free to fancy any idea that sparkles to you, unless you start from a point of accepting that space and time are what they are whether or not there's a mind capable of experiencing them, I'm personally uninterested. Here's why: mental experience is infinitely variable from a practical standpoint. That's something you can make hay with, because you can pick and choose behaviors that have reliable effects on how you experience things. That can lead to insights that influence future behaviors that may never have been exercised otherwise. To me, that's the heart and soul of magic itself.

I agree that this particular line of dialog is purely academic; many become set in their ways. My interest fluctuates on various levels as well, for any number of reasons.

Aside from my compulsion to perform numerous writing exercises; my motivation for this particular one. I would say that my dimensional analysis is due partly to the fact that time and space are not isolate from consciousness, and are very much connected with it; in effect rendering consciousness/feeling a fifth dimension - reminiscent of an alternate model where we have spirit, aether, or time as the fifth element in association with the top point of the upright pentagram.

These dimensional mediums serve as an existential framework, and despite their shortcoming of yielding any practical value at present, they at least garner some respect in the former regard from my perspective.

I may have more to add; comment on the remainder at a later time.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/; The Old Blog: http://www.occultfor...php?f=7&t=38359

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users