Jump to content


* - - - - 1 votes

Question About Tarot Deck


5 replies to this topic

#1 alexandros8888

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

I read in a witchcraft book that I have to record any feelings,sensations,or ideas while looking at the card.Any ideas for the purpose of this tactic?

#2 monsnoleedra

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

For many people reading tarot isn't just what is displayed on the face of the cards. It's also what the readers gets as sensations or feelings but also imagery upon the 3rd eye as they open themselves up to everything coming in regarding the reading. Some readers, I did it myself for instance, would fall into our cards and read into the designs and you'd swear the cards turn into 3d designs and our fingers move the imagery around. Depending upon the deck and the Major Arcana it's like looking behind the design on the cards.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#3 Topper

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 30 April 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

For many people reading tarot isn't just what is displayed on the face of the cards. It's also what the readers gets as sensations or feelings but also imagery upon the 3rd eye as they open themselves up to everything coming in regarding the reading. Some readers, I did it myself for instance, would fall into our cards and read into the designs and you'd swear the cards turn into 3d designs and our fingers move the imagery around. Depending upon the deck and the Major Arcana it's like looking behind the design on the cards.
How do you feel about the Tarot as a system of Mnemonics used as gateways to other worlds? The Kabbalah is geared around that but its not limited to that system.

#4 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

View Postalexandros8888, on 30 April 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

I read in a witchcraft book that I have to record any feelings,sensations,or ideas while looking at the card.Any ideas for the purpose of this tactic?

1. Writing down your reactions exercises the ability to articulate your inner experiences, and gives you an opportunity to verbalize things that are not easy to describe. Somewhere I once read a paper about the possibility that language assists in the development of memory. You will learn to write with greater fluency.

2. You will familiarize yourself with various "Easter eggs" within the cards. The people chained to the Devil could leave if they wanted, you might notice. Most decks have some extra layers of meaning built into the pictures.

3. You will have a record for comparison later, when you revisit the subject. Your opinions might change over time, or you might completely forget some of the details that become useful in later interpretations.

Just some ideas.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#5 monsnoleedra

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

View PostTopper, on 27 May 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

How do you feel about the Tarot as a system of Mnemonics used as gateways to other worlds? The Kabbalah is geared around that but its not limited to that system.

For me personally it wouldn't work. Simply because of how my mind and personalty works. That said for other's it probably would work it they put their mind and self into it. That's the thing with mnemonic systems it all depends upon the individual and how they relate the the system they are trying to use. If the symbology works for them and they can equate it to something useful to them.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#6 Topper

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 27 May 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

For me personally it wouldn't work. Simply because of how my mind and personalty works. That said for other's it probably would work it they put their mind and self into it. That's the thing with mnemonic systems it all depends upon the individual and how they relate the the system they are trying to use. If the symbology works for them and they can equate it to something useful to them.
Thats true and a similar process can be applied to their use in Divination.Playing cards used for that purpose is recorded over 200 years earlier than Divining with Tarot which were a deck of playing cards originally anyway.Far as I know there is no evidence of the Tarot being Kabbalistic outside of that beliefs subscribers so perhaps a construction of Occult writers.Guess the whole idea of their connection to mysticism is now so deep rooted its pointless to argue.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users