Necronomicon Witchcraft

73 replies to this topic

#61 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

I believe I am a fairly good Judge of who is a "Goof" and who isn't, and while 'Some' may excel in certain areas. We must look at the Bigger Picture here in establishing overall integrity !

We must look into the Eyes of those in question and ask ourselves: Are they not dizzy from all those "Revolutions" ? I do believe the evidence speaks Volumes, and also for itself !

So there is something to be learned here as this may be looked upon as a positive experience relevant to Spiritual Growth, indeed ! But no need to thank anyone !

:-)
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#62 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 06 June 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

That's for certain. It was funny though, usually didn't have to go looking for other occultist / pagan's back then.

When I was in, we found each other, but it was all touch and go. No shindigs of thought, though the occasional drunken conversation of no agreements, just like online. When the Squadron Gunny ordered the removal of "voodoo wall hangings" and I was read my Miranda rights over my weird books, I knew the meaning of "silence" as the Fourth Power of the Sphinx.

Edited by The Stalking Hyena, 10 June 2018 - 01:24 AM.

Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#63 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

View PostSpida, on 09 June 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

We must look into the Eyes of those in question and ask ourselves: Are they not dizzy from all those "Revolutions" ?

Most of the academics I have read seem to bend over backwards to prove the "socio-historical impact" of grimoires in a repetitive way that assumes (or hopes) that their most serious readers will be fellow academics and not consumer flakes. Careerist Infidels!

The Simon Necronomicon may be "fake", but to ignore its real impact in occulture and express outrage on those enamored of its supposed follies on those grounds doesn't strike me as very studious or scholarly. It seems status driven and elitist. It is rooted in a market mentality.

Grimoires of any time and place are filled with rites and symbols claiming antiquity, often dubiously. These rites and symbols in and of themselves do not give a damn about legitimacy or pedigree. They are what they are the moment we engage them, our ignorance of accuracy is really irrelevant in relation to the human will. Their power does not reside in footnote or bibliography or in the credentials of those who would explain them to us. Their power lies in the ability to inspire the imagination, move the human heart, train the human soul and cause creepy shit to happen. That is practice.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#64 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:55 AM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 10 June 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

When I was in, we found each other, but it was all touch and go. No shindigs of thought, though the occasional drunken conversation of no agreements, just like online. When the Squadron Gunny ordered the removal of "voodoo wall hangings" and I was read my Miranda rights over my weird books, I knew the meaning of "silence" as the Fourth Power of the Sphinx.

Yeah, McWicca and similar type ceremonies or rituals definitely was not going to be on the schedule. Ironically the biggest thing I recall happening at one point was when we had a bunch of born again people on one base. They cornered my roommate and he told them he was a Satanist. Next thing I knew I had a bunch of them telling me I had to be saved and moved out of that room due to his influence. They left like their tails were on fire when I told them I was a witch / shaman. That would have been late 1979 early 1980 near as I recall now. Still brings a smile to my lips when I think back on it. At the time was not unusual to find tarot decks and other things in our barracks rooms, perhaps a ouija board and who knows regarding books.

Figure some of the people who had the stuff were practitioners, the rest just were curious or had it as curiosities. Of course we were a shore command so had different allowances than would be given to shipboard considerations. Then it was also the end of the 70's which also was quite a bit different in how the military regarded things. Pretty much was if it didn't effect your job they didn't care.

But then again occultism and stuff was different back then as well. we tended to keep it silent and hidden as a norm and you didn't get asked to join in until people were sure. What was shown was little and seldom for show or revelation.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#65 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 10 June 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

.. Grimoires of any time and place are filled with rites and symbols claiming antiquity, often dubiously. These rites and symbols in and of themselves do not give a damn about legitimacy or pedigree. They are what they are the moment we engage them, our ignorance of accuracy is really irrelevant in relation to the human will. Their power does not reside in footnote or bibliography or in the credentials of those who would explain them to us. Their power lies in the ability to inspire the imagination, move the human heart, train the human soul and cause creepy shit to happen. That is practice.

There's truth but also fallacy to that statement.

A Marine E-4 getting his / her blood stripe can inspire the imagine, move the heart and train the soul of the observer who witnesses it. To see the red stripe "Pinned" can be seen as a brutal act to the random observer who knows nothing but the act they observe and the words they may hear. It's the same as reading a grimore they do not know the hidden key codes to or reading a fantasy story and trying to pass it off as a factual practice.

Yet to the E-4 that is getting the blood strip pinned there is far more to the action that is unwritten and holds far greater depth and meaning than can ever be written or explained to any observer who will witness the act. There is a history of battlefield leadership and values that ties the stripe to the notion of what the stripe implies, infers and bestows upon the individual in his/her eyes, in the eyes of those above them and in the eyes of those beneath them. It is a legacy that contains and egregore of it's own energy and power, and positional egregore that exists unlike any other, it's a right of passage that ties all who wear it tighter than any bond of flesh, blood and honor. It's never written in any book yet it's dripping with an ink that will never fade and is a hidden key code that is implied and expected to be known simply by virtue of ones position and experience. It's recognized within the ranks of the Corps and known outside of the Corps.

Those outside and who do not hold the code devalue it because they do not hold it. The same applies to those who do not hold the key codes to the grimores. Like the code books to a lost treasure, the treasure becomes both fable and of no value because it must be of no value because they do not have the code to the treasure vault. That's human nature, to belittle the value of that which we do not have access to. That presumption that if it truly had value then we should have access to it, for we judge our value by what we have access to. People don't want to admit they can't be inspired or motivate themselves if they don't believe they don't have access to knowledge. To be inferior or unworthy of some bit of information because it is above them or they have been deceived by a conman. To fall into the P. T. Barnum idea and reality that a sucker is born every minute and a fool and their money are soon parted.

Realistically what is creepier? To know one has opened their mind to such a degree that they revealed their gullible to be deceived or to truly acknowledge there are things out there? Most can accept there are things out there, but to truly acknowledge that one has willingly opened themselves up to deception and ridicule. That sort of goes back to the older adage of fool me once shame of you, fool me twice shame on me.

That or perhaps being that E-4 Marine getting their blood stripe pinned on and knowing what it means but listening to those people who are looking on and telling you what they think it means. NO actual credentials, no service, no experience, no familiarity, just a feel good though and perspective and perhaps read a book about what it means to get a blood stripe. That and a racing pulse as they read the book.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#66 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 10 June 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

Most of the academics I have read seem to bend over backwards to prove the "socio-historical impact" of grimoires in a repetitive way that assumes (or hopes) that their most serious readers will be fellow academics and not consumer flakes. Careerist Infidels!

The Simon Necronomicon may be "fake", but to ignore its real impact in occulture and express outrage on those enamored of its supposed follies on those grounds doesn't strike me as very studious or scholarly. It seems status driven and elitist. It is rooted in a market mentality.

Grimoires of any time and place are filled with rites and symbols claiming antiquity, often dubiously. These rites and symbols in and of themselves do not give a damn about legitimacy or pedigree. They are what they are the moment we engage them, our ignorance of accuracy is really irrelevant in relation to the human will. Their power does not reside in footnote or bibliography or in the credentials of those who would explain them to us. Their power lies in the ability to inspire the imagination, move the human heart, train the human soul and cause creepy shit to happen. That is practice.

Maybe the "effects" are reliant on a little bit of everything. Maybe even the enunciation of God Names can be done more effectively some ways than others producing more profound results.

In any event, I believe the Mode of Consciousness(for me anyway)is one of the crucial aspects. The ineffable feeling as if connected to some powerful current; pacing around in this altered state and feeling like a God. Which is a less than occasional occurrence, or having another piece of the Existential Puzzle falling into place, and then writing about it, or something. It varies quite a bit, but enough has surely happened to keep me interested and going, and going(like the Energizer Bunny). Yes, I do enjoy the Rituals ! So much so that four or five hours goes by pretty darn fast ! Most likely also a time distortion occurring as part of these altered states as well.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#67 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

The necromicon we are talking about is a hodgepodge mix of several very real sources. Do not discount it because it’s name is fake, and it was put together as a hoax.

The Enuma Elish is very much real, the 50 names certainly exist.

And to discount the egregor aspect of those that are fictional are folly.

Not to mention, this very forum was created by someone that followed the necronomicon very closely. ;)

#68 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:39 PM

And in conjunction with what the Stalking Hernia said. What this boils down to is that fake or real(generally speaking) is not the issue, and that taken in the context of proper forces and intent that the universal mechanics are oblivious to our anthropomorphisms and trivialities and will rise to the surface and get the job done.

One could argue that there are deviations from a standard which is legitimate, but as far as real and unreal are concerned this is a completely different animal.

#69 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostQryztufre, on 16 September 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

And to discount the egregor aspect of those that are fictional are folly.

If I thought I had a point to make, it would probably be that people who want their occultism to be "real" and accurate are forgetting (or ignoring) that all this stuff is, in essence, mysterious. Fact, fiction and folly are all like playthings for the active adventurer in mystical lunacy.
People can say stuff is made up, but they cannot objectively prove that it wasn't under the influence of demons, aliens, and so on...
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#70 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostSpida, on 16 September 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

One could argue that there are deviations from a standard which is legitimate, but as far as real and unreal are concerned this is a completely different animal.

The Shadow of the Victorians is long and oppressive, a claustrophobic soap opera of self-legitimizing hypocrites trying to not look like perverts.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#71 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 17 September 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

The Shadow of the Victorians is long and oppressive, a claustrophobic soap opera of self-legitimizing hypocrites trying to not look like perverts.

Now that is just peppered with relevant terminology in conformance with a popular theme, and although I have just risen hypnopompically without coffee or tea(I prefer tea lately); prior to my morning sexercise(all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy) quite often followed later in the day by legitimate exercise.

But to the point is that quite often, and spanning many years of social programming, small circles or otherwise. Confined to the parameters of an infinitesimally small box within this limitless existence where more often than not we don't have a fucking clue. Yes, people fear change they fear that which is different. Many times persecuting, prosecuting, and outright annihilating; throwing a tantrum and leaving - whatever the case may be.

Okay that's good. It's that time I suppose. Make tea and workout(or vice versa), good day.

#72 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

View PostSpida, on 19 September 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Now that is just peppered with relevant terminology in conformance with a popular theme, and although I have just risen hypnopompically without coffee or tea(I prefer tea lately); prior to my morning sexercise(all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy) quite often followed later in the day by legitimate exercise.

I was repeating myself, I am afraid to say.
You should switch back to coffee. Magic(k) without coffee is like an M1A without Lake City brass.

Anyways, I was reading the Necronomicon during my morning exercise when I saw a shadow passing across a mirror - I mean, it wasn't a normal shadow.
That's rad.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#73 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 21 September 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

I was repeating myself, I am afraid to say.
You should switch back to coffee. Magic(k) without coffee is like an M1A without Lake City brass.

Anyways, I was reading the Necronomicon during my morning exercise when I saw a shadow passing across a mirror - I mean, it wasn't a normal shadow.
That's rad.

I was doing the whole bean thing for a while using this grinder that even comes with a cute little brush so you can get every little speck. I calculated the brush yields approx. another quarter of a teaspoon. Anyway the problem with coffee(or caffeine) is that some of us become tolerant to it over the years, of course this is an issue for tea as well so it comes down to a matter of taste, ultimately. So now it's tea. The wheel of tea - a random extraction of a single bag from the tea bin. The beginning of another day.

We see a lot of shadows around here - the corner of your eye phenomena among other things. The occurrences are sporadic. There is a plethora of occult phenomena similar in nature as well, but no full blown physical manifestations, but a few supernatural occurrences I would say and even a couple miracles - modestly.

That's the way it rolls. Things have been somewhat quiet here lately, but fortunately mysticism has no bounds for me.

Looks like I made it through this post. The last one, I think I laid my hands on the keyboard a bit too much and it went poof.

#74 Celestial

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

I'm not gonna comment on the Simon Necronomicon since I've had almost zero results with it, however my friend got a full blown manifestation from a 50 names spirit.
The Chthulu mythos may be "fake" but meditating on some of its aspects like Labyrinths of Zin or the Tower of Koth will send you flying into some very real places within your subconscious mind.
The labyrinths themselves on some levels correspond to the Tunnels of Set. However make sure you attempt the workings with preparation since I've wandered into some of these "worlds" by accident and the inhabitants there were far from friendly.

Edited by Celestial, 03 October 2018 - 03:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users