- - - - -

I Have Been Wingin' It The Whole Time

4 replies to this topic

#1 Orinaysu

• Old Timers
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIt varies these days.

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

If it works don't knock it right? I have noticed that it isn't quite as active up in here anymore...

Life really threw me for a loop so far in 2018 (I will spare the personal details, because it is just too much), but I wanted to share with you guys that I have been just scrambling around the paradigms, trying to find some peace of mind at the end of the day. So far, I have been doing better than I had even expected.

On the last full moon, I did a nice little homebrew ritual involving a sage smudging, a sigil, and some other stuff; but it has really been a game changer. Even though very many things in life are falling away from me, a lot of good things have replaced them and so on...
I can't ever stick to one thing though, ever since I dabbled around a few years ago in Chaos Magick, I just have a system that is nearly impossible for me to explain sober, and it seems to be working out. I am one of those people that will never advance beyond something I see results in, so how do you guys move past the (how do I put it,) productive rut? I am a little knowledge hungry, but I have sampled so many things, I don't have any clue where to go...

Well, and I am back now, lol.

#2 vives gladio

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

How do you perceive results?

Personally, I just accept that some things are going to take time. One set of pushups isn't going to turn me into an Adonis, and drinking one glass of water instead of a soda or beer isn't going to chisel my abs. As a new person to any kind of magical work or study, I've barely scratched the surface but I'm noticing results and... I'm still learning actual things, so whether the paradigm I'm trying to do works or not, in a bit more time I'll know the Hebrew alphabet and have a leg up on learning a whole new language and that's worth something regardless of whether it makes me a wizard or not.

#3 Winnipeg1919

Gone and soon forgotten

• Gold Member
  • 408 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

It could be a "dark night of the soul" or you have outgrown magick. One goes up, the other down. Try reading something like "Interior Castle" by St. Theresa of Avila, or "Dark Night of the Soul" by St. John of the Cross. While Christian they are excellent works of mysticism that might shake something loose.

Which brings up my other suggestion. Study something that is well-written, that you think is drek, to shake yourself another way.
Winnipeg1919

Facta non verba (Deeds not words) - Regimental Motto, Fort Garry Horse

#4 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:00 PM

Learn new things, do new things. Get tickets to baseball games, develop an interest in African contemporary music, learn Calculus. There are thousands of people who get autistic about the Kabbalah, but few of those also golf, so break out of whatever moulds you might be in and watch as light glints on parts of you that were previously hidden. If there aren't any challenges, the practical side of magic has no purpose. The rest is just a matter of discipline, and you're either going to take an hour to do meditations etc or you're going to find something more productive to do. Either way, you end up doing something that you deliberately choose to do.

Edited by Imperial Arts, 13 March 2018 - 10:01 PM.

https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#5 Orinaysu

• Old Timers
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIt varies these days.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:47 AM

A short answer to a bunch of questions, is I don't feel uninterested in magick, but more interested in bouncing around belief systems. I already have so little time for any real devoted time other than mixing intent into normal chores and stuff.

For instance, the year before I landed this job, I did a sigil, with a ritual to go along with it; and I am just sayin' the time frame was precise.. Rituals I just kind of plan as i go with, because my "rare form," isn't always when I have everything from an occultist' shop in my house.

I will probably come back to this as I have got to get some sleep.
All I know is I want to progress beyond sigils now, even though seeing the effects make me want to practice them more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users