Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#2 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

Not bad.Wonder if anyone knows how far back adding scent to candles goes.Probably talking to myself so when I have time I will research it.

Edited by violetstar, 01 August 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#3 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:03 PM

Well that did not take long.It seems the inclusion of scent in candles may have been accidental being inherent in the material being used to make them.This from Candles.org :

"The Egyptians were using wicked candles in 3,000 B.C., but the ancient Romans are generally credited with developing the wicked candle before that time by dipping rolled papyrus repeatedly in melted tallow or beeswax. The resulting candles were used to light their homes, to aid travelers at night, and in religious ceremonies.
Historians have found evidence that many other early civilizations developed wicked candles using waxes made from available plants and insects. Early Chinese candles are said to have been molded in paper tubes, using rolled rice paper for the wick, and wax from an indigenous insect that was combined with seeds. In Japan, candles were made of wax extracted from tree nuts, while in India, candle wax was made by boiling the fruit of the cinnamon tree"

I think 'wicked' here means the central burning thread rather than a description of any black magic use :)

#4 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

I prefer to keep the fragrance and the candles separate, although I have been known to use scented candles where I needed a specific color and there were no other options.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users