78 replies to this topic

#1 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

When Spida recently observed that sound travels in snake like waves,a possible enigma cropped up in my mind.If,as religious literature indicates,God speaks to mankind via the normal mode of communication ie speech,and assuming he resides somewhere in Space,how then does he communicate with his Angels?(who appear to speak in a weird tongue if we believe Kelly and Dee)

If we accept the OT explanation that he spoke to his Prophets through dreams and visions I guess it would be feasible to suggest that is an answer as we often hear sounds in our dreams.However,this seems contradicted in the NT where we find in John 1 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life"

The problem I see is that,in taking the Physicists at face value,sound does not exist in the vacuum of Space or it does but as frequencies inaudible without conversion by electronic devices.Love to hear any views on this as perhaps this can be explained in some way.

#2 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

Sorry I cant resist this!

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#3 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

I have touched upon this before. Its merely a hypothetical. Voice, or percusive waves cannot propagaate in the Vacuum of Space, assuming that space existed at the time of the Logos, which it always hasn't.

The waves that can propagate through the etherial medium would be the transverse waves, these are the waves that resemble 'Snakes' they are Energy Waves as opposed to the Sound Waves which propagate by disrupting the immediate surroundings. So the sound waves are not snake like and resemble cartoon animations involving sound, i.e. vibration in the same direction as propagation.

So assuming the Logos may have been the transverse energy waves, or metaphorically the "energetic snake forms" then this would be inaudible and would have to be decoded to be heard.

That's a good one Violet. I probably wouldn't have revisited that theory anytime soon, without prompting :-)

Edited by Spida, 08 February 2018 - 05:42 PM.

Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#4 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Maybe Moses heard the voice of God, but from reading the Exodus, it looks like he found himself in the unfortunate position of leading people and went to his father-in-law for advice. Jethro, who was previously counselor to Pharaoh along with Job and Balaam, reminds him that there were all sorts of laws worth following in Egypt and he should take some inspiration from them. Moses goes off for a while, and returns with a code of conduct that looks remarkably similar to Egyptian rules, down to the dietary codes. In this case, the Voice of God boils down to good sense and a positive outlook. As with most reformers who are making a grand stand against prevailing norms, a lot of what God "told" Moses comes across as overbearing.

A wonderfully neglected title by Freud, Moses and Monotheism, has a lot of interesting things to say about the Exodus. Two stick out: that Moses's monotheistic ideas are likely rooted in the Amarna revolution which occurred during the life of his grandfather, and that the whole story is so outlandish that it probably isn't entirely fiction. Freud casts the Voice of God as a cultural imperative.

Moses disagreed, though. To him, the Voice of God took diverse forms, upon which Christendom never really expanded. God speaks like an alchemical salamander in the "burning bush" episode, as a dream like that given to Jacob, as fortuitous circumstances, as natural disasters, and as some sort of oracle performed before the Ark of the Covenant. Mostly, though, God speaks as Aaron, who is given such tremendous religious authority that Freud was moved to consider the possibility that the whole Exodus was a Jewish conspiracy to capitalize on a mentally-deficient Egyptian prince.

At some point in the Exodus following the Golden Calf incident, God tells Moses that He will no longer speak directly to the Hebrews. Fans of Chaucer might see this incident in the Miller's Tale, with Moses bringing a contentious issue to God before being shown the divine "back parts" and receiving a blast of thunderous wind in place of spoken revelations. Since then, if God isn't speaking through prophets, He is speaking through calamities, all the way up until the Baptism of Christ.

Taken at face value, this looks like a very limited view of the divine voice. I like to think that something so vast and incomprehensibly powerful as God might have the ability to acknowledge us as individuals and to relate to us all in a way that we can understand, whether through nature and reason or through contemplations, or however else it requires to make its message clear. We are stuck on things like brothers, fathers, kings, as a part of the way our minds do business, and the great mind behind all of existence is probably well aware of that in its communications.

But to my way of thinking, those communications tend to be open and universal, unflinching and insistent. They don't leave a lot of room for human sentiment as a universal value, despite being intimately concerned with every individual. I like to think of God's Will as synonymous with Physical Law, its expression being the existence and behavior of the universe. Within the barely-understood system of principles that govern existence, there are means to know the past and to apprehend the future, a counsel on the nature of things, and a moral with applications that go well beyond marriage and property. Those, to me, are the divine voice, and we have to be eager in seeking it to hear.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#5 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

Maybe it could be that God can only talk if he come to Earth like in the Burning Bush.With these Angels he could have some special way to commune with them that we dont know.Also I cannot think so far of NT bit as say they could hear him so this maybe about Jesus when they think he is God.

#6 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Interesting angles.I would like to point out I do not have any ready prepared argument to prove or disprove any ideas and my only motive is an attempt to find answers to what I see as a mystery.Therefore all constructive comments are most welcome.

#7 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Just a though but I seem to recall something about not being able to look upon an angel with the naked eye due to them being beings of light. Then factor in light does travel through space and the void without loosing it's structure. From a scientific perspective it can also be used to convey intelligence even by our own methodology. So why couldn't "God" converse with his angels via light as a communications method? It would not be required to adhere to any notion of sound transmissions that apply to Am / PM / FM type transmissions or the signaling methodology that presents a "Snake" type transmission signal.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#8 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 08 February 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Just a though but I seem to recall something about not being able to look upon an angel with the naked eye due to them being beings of light. Then factor in light does travel through space and the void without loosing it's structure. From a scientific perspective it can also be used to convey intelligence even by our own methodology. So why couldn't "God" converse with his angels via light as a communications method? It would not be required to adhere to any notion of sound transmissions that apply to Am / PM / FM type transmissions or the signaling methodology that presents a "Snake" type transmission signal.

Yes the light would be transverse waves, and its one of the only tangible things that I am able to grab hold of here in this context. An analogy would be some of the other elements in the Energy Spectrum such as radio waves which are speed of light transverse waves that carry the sound information but must be decoded by a receiver to be heard.

So communication via light energy sounds feasible, as this is also used in fiber optic communication so another analogy is formed.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#9 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

I think the light idea as a method of transmission has lots going for it.I have seen in old texts concerning spirits how they are described as 'quick and adroit' and how they can appear suddenly without warning.Add to this the description of Gabriel appearing like lightning and I get a feeling that light must be a big factor.

In comparing the speed of light with that of sound it follows that we must see God or spirits before we hear them.Admittedly as IA remarks this is a somewhat limited view oft the Divine Voice.In a theological sense there does as always seem to be an evolution of ideas concerning communication with God from the OT through to NT teachings.IA has also pointed out his thoughts that God would communicate with us in a way we can understand.I would think Angels would do the same and that is one reason I have always been suspicious of 'Enochian' but that is another topic.

#10 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:16 AM

And in the beginning God said "Let there be light". Or perhaps God Itself IS Light, a Divine Brilliant White Light.

I often think of God as Primordial Consciousness, which I suppose could be synonomous with Energy which is what light technically is, and if you go beyond Kether into the Veils of Negative Existence. From Nothing they speak of the Limitless, and Limitless Light although this may not be the familiar Visible Light of the EM spectrum but there may be a Divine Superset that is a Unification of all the various forms of Energy that we have knowledge of Today. Light/Energy in some form or another, perhaps the most fundamental substance of Existence...Light :-)

#11 vives gladio

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

If you were to imagine or recall any kind of sound, for example thinking of a song you know or a familiar voice, there are no sound waves traveling through a medium or reacting with inner ear bones as you relive or fabricate it. It wouldn't be a "sound" at all in that sense, you aren't really "hearing" the voice of your friend or the notes of the song, but I understand that parts of the brain involved in interpreting the signals in normal "real" sounds would be activating and could be observed via scanning techniques.

From a microcosmic standpoint, if you were to imagine a conversation between two individuals, the imaginary speaker isn't speaking as we understand it, and the imaginary listener isn't hearing at all.

#12 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

View Postvives gladio, on 09 February 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

If you were to imagine or recall any kind of sound, for example thinking of a song you know or a familiar voice, there are no sound waves traveling through a medium or reacting with inner ear bones as you relive or fabricate it. It wouldn't be a "sound" at all in that sense, you aren't really "hearing" the voice of your friend or the notes of the song, but I understand that parts of the brain involved in interpreting the signals in normal "real" sounds would be activating and could be observed via scanning techniques.

From a microcosmic standpoint, if you were to imagine a conversation between two individuals, the imaginary speaker isn't speaking as we understand it, and the imaginary listener isn't hearing at all.
So the sound of thoughts.That is fascinating and if we apply that in a Macrocosmic sense this may help explain how God communicates with spirits and of course mankind.Reminds me of the phrase 'putting thoughts in my/your head'.It also concords with the most common method used by God in the OT where he sends visions and auditory messages through dreams.

Due to recent events.I have decided not to provide links to any form of research material nor to post any links to academic papers.Therefore viewers should take my comments as simply my own thoughts and personal opinion but that such may differ from that which I posit outside of this forum.This is to avoid upsetting those members who prefer not to have opinions supported by expert analysis which is likely to be in conflict with their own ideas.

Given that,back to the thread.

#13 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

No one is upset by opinions bolstered by expert sources. If you still are confused as to why you had such a reaction, you could simply just ask the OP of that other thread via a private message.

#14 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostAurum, on 09 February 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

No one is upset by opinions bolstered by expert sources. If you still are confused as to why you had such a reaction, you could simply just ask the OP of that other thread via a private message.
Please add to the discussion as others have done.I am not interested in your advice on how I should conduct my business or your opinions on other people.There is no confusion.

Edited by violetstar, 09 February 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#15 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostSpida, on 09 February 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

And in the beginning God said "Let there be light". Or perhaps God Itself IS Light, a Divine Brilliant White Light.

I often think of God as Primordial Consciousness, which I suppose could be synonomous with Energy which is what light technically is, and if you go beyond Kether into the Veils of Negative Existence. From Nothing they speak of the Limitless, and Limitless Light although this may not be the familiar Visible Light of the EM spectrum but there may be a Divine Superset that is a Unification of all the various forms of Energy that we have knowledge of Today. Light/Energy in some form or another, perhaps the most fundamental substance of Existence...Light :-)
I just read somewhere that Scientists have claimed to have conducted an experiment in which they stopped light in its tracks.Given that's true could God be stopped?

#16 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Considering I said that you have posted paragraphs without attribution or quotation marks in this forum, then I think there must be confusion. I am not interested in this, either, and do not want to discuss it further. You bringing it up again in another thread is why I addressed this again.

#17 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

You dont need to address my attribution,sources,citations,writing style or any thing else about me.You only need to add your thoughts on the subject in hand.Thanks.

#18 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

View Postvioletstar, on 09 February 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

I just read somewhere that Scientists have claimed to have conducted an experiment in which they stopped light in its tracks.Given that's true could God be stopped?

Think about this, if thoughts are like light and God is communicating via light and can be stopped in its tracks then does that mean he can freeze a though in our minds like a song that becomes trapped in a loop forever? That never ending phrase, image, concept that no matter how we try to free it from our mind we can not shake it until we have done something with it or perhaps accepted it. In essence stopped God in his (her) tracks until we accept or act upon something or accept something.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#19 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

That is very profound.First thought,for some reason,is that process acting in the mind of fundamentalist type terrorists who in having that loop in their minds choose to act upon it rather than just accept it.For the most part all mainstream religions consider God as Light in some guise and if this radiant intelligencer is dependant on those wavelengths then if light ceased to exist then possibly so does God.Which is rather a terrifying thought for anyone with a belief in him/her.

#20 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Excellent.Will this be like the way God(ess) is to communicate with the HGA like the go between? So the thoughts in our head if they are not good will this be from the opposite Devil?If so is this Devil in space or on the Earth?Sorry for the questions but my own thought will be this Devil is on Earth with HGA dwelling I dont know.
I have been looking for clues in the other thread on where does the HGA reside but I didnt find an answer there.

So is this Light for way the Devil is communicating also?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users