- - - - -

Yhvh Conspiracy

19 replies to this topic

#1 Dominicus

• Old Timers
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

I've moved too far away from hebrew godnames and etc. to really use traditional methods, G.D. etc. using planetary names but with QBLH it's difficult to translate at times, basic LBRPs... protection magick seems ineffective in these times, or perhaps I've gone off the deep end.
"Chose ye an island !
Fortify it !
Dung it about with enginery of war !
I will give you a war engine.
With it ye shall smite the peoples ; and none
shall stand before you."

Visit my blog: An exercise in dementia
Online Magickal Journal: Frater S.E.
Frater Semper Evigilo (formerly known as "Dominicus" and anagram "Raziel")

#2 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

The OTA use amashao (aleph mem shin omega), and shamaatah (shin mem aleph tav)as alternative tetragrammatons.

#3 Shinichi

• Old Timers
  • 291 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostDominicus, on 21 January 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

I've moved too far away from hebrew godnames and etc. to really use traditional methods, G.D. etc. using planetary names but with QBLH it's difficult to translate at times, basic LBRPs...

Then why are you still bothering with it? If you do not jive with the Mysteries of a particular paradigm, leave it. Being blindly loyal to a tradition to the point of having to completely restructure it in order to get anything done is just silly.

~:Shin:~
"There is no such thing as Impossible. It's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will may be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise

#4 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

There's no YHVH in Shinto, you could try protecting yourself by throwing roasted soybeans.

#5 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

The title of this thread does not seem to concur with the actual content.Perhaps this is the conspiracy :)

#6 Dominicus

• Old Timers
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Yahweh seems to be a slave master
"Chose ye an island !
Fortify it !
shall stand before you."

#7 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

I had a similar impression thanks to a certain King James' version of things, but I'm attempting to get a new perspective and give those four letters a fair shake.

#8 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

View Postvives gladio, on 03 February 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

I had a similar impression thanks to a certain King James' version of things, but I'm attempting to get a new perspective and give those four letters a fair shake.
How do you feel that version misrepresented Yahweh?

#9 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

I don't doubt for a moment that I was introduced to a distorted view, so the impression I came away with may very well be off the mark. My first real introduction to religion aside from growing up with a kind of benign generic background sort of Christianity, was spending the better part of adolescence in what turned out to be a rather extreme fundamentalist operation working under the guise of a private school. It blended aspects of Dominion theology, Prosperity theology, and Calvinist reconstruction into a rather oppressive slurry. They really loved their vengeful and intolerant rendition of the deity, and since they practically turned the KJV into an object of idolatry it's a bit difficult for me to separate one from the other.

I was more or less ambivalent about a lot of it - there were some matters that irked me and some that to this day get my blood up when I think about it but by and large I went about my day, committed things to memory long enough to get a passing score and jettisoned it shortly thereafter. Some of my friends at the time weren't quite so lucky - my two best mates there were from two different families where both fathers were church elders or officials or whatever they were called so the poor guys couldn't really get away from it. It basically had the effect of driving them actively hostile to the notion of religion altogether.

At some point I'm going to dust the thing off and try taking a look at it with fresh eyes. I'm coming up on my second decade away from it, and being a more mature person now I think I can try approaching it with less of the baggage that was attached to it on my first pass.

It does help me understand how it is possible for people to arrive at the conclusion that God is a jerk.

Edited by vives gladio, 03 February 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#10 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

As I have discussed before,Yahweh was quite probably a rather minor god of Craftsman,specifically metal workers.The original El worship was displaced by Yahweh worshippers who later elevated him to a National tutelary God covering the whole of Israel whose very name meant Land of El.

In a Biblical sense much of the old El worship is retained.This is a good thing because if we displaced him there we would change the context significantly as make no mistake,Yahweh is a merciless God of War who committed or commanded acts of atrocity.Here is an example.Lets apply it to Psalm 23.

This is a Pastoral Psalm aimed at Shepherd communities in the desert.The original name of God attached to it is El Ro{h}I which means All Watchful or All seeing God.This is basically a reference to El watching over the flocks and protecting the Shepherds.(Wiki can safely be ignored on the provenance of that name)

Now if we ousted El here with a Yahweh punch that name would become Yahweh Roi which roughly translates into I am watching you.Given Yahewh's case histories we then have a God who will demand the sheep be sacrificed to him or he may simply kill the Shepherds-whichever comes first.

Edited by violetstar, 04 February 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#11 Sheperdess

• Old Timers
  • 513 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Ha Ha! Clever so you may also do it with El Tzabaoth to say a God who cares about his enemies :lol:

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#12 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostShinichi, on 22 January 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Then why are you still bothering with it? If you do not jive with the Mysteries of a particular paradigm, leave it. Being blindly loyal to a tradition to the point of having to completely restructure it in order to get anything done is just silly.

~:Shin:~
I feel this is the crux of the matter throughout modern Occultism.So many books-specifically what I term 'Self-Help' series,are paraded around with the inference they can teach you mastery over 'Magick'.However,I have yet to find one that is not simply a re-structured author opinionated driven derivative of an earlier and original system.The Goetic genre has suffered worse than others while the desire for quick-fix results has paved the way for countless scammers and unscrupulous authors to target the gullible.

The whole Western Mystery Tradition is in dire need of revision and though there are steps in the pipeline to re-evaluate and finally sort the wheat from the chaff,it is a massive undertaking that could take a decade to complete.Even then,how that will be received by the masses I assume will be different than its reception among serious and more enlightened Occultists.

In the meantime any attempt to stem the flow of these books or to enlighten those who buy them in desperate hope of finding short cuts to avoid the discipline and commitment required will be probably a futile exercise.

#13 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

The system I'm taking a look at was apparently put together by some people in a span of a few years, and they had to get their information in a slow physical manner. They needed a library or a friend with a copy of the text, they didn't have a global network teaming with pdf's and so forth. We have so much more information and research available, not to mention the stakes are so much lower for pursuit, no one is likely to have their livelihood threatened if disclosed. They were also willing to do their own primary research, to travel and see other places and learn as close to first hand as they could. Of course it is so much easier to piggyback off of someone else once they've done the heavy lifting.

#14 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

There is a vast difference between annotation and revision of the original and a complete reconstruction leading to bastardisation of it.Research is the antithesis of most modern authors methodology.

And the current system you are looking at?.

#15 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:54 PM

Oh definitely and without question.

I'm looking at Golden Dawn material, I had assumed it would be a good starting point and I'd been curious about what might have been going on in that late 19th century time frame anyway.

#16 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:08 PM

I am personally not a fan of that material but IA is the person to talk to on this as I think you know.The period was heavily influenced by Esotericism spearheaded by the Theosophist movement with imported ideas from Eliphas Levi and Encausse(Papus)
It was an important phase in the evolution of the Western Tradition though it does seem that from all the literature on magic during the period,that of the GD has fared better than most in Occult popular culture.

#17 vives gladio

• Old Timers
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

I might have to take a look at the theosophist material, one goal is to try to get underneath the interpretations and conclusions of people who studied the GD system in order to try and get a look at what they were working on - for example I'd like to hold off on digging into say Crowley until I get a look at what he was working from, same with Mr. Regardie and so on.

I may not even stay with it, but learning some Hebrew and getting a 101 level of astrological and alchemical symbolism ought not be too much of a disservice.

Edited by vives gladio, 05 February 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#18 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

That is a very balanced approach.Within that you may also like to go back even further to check the background of those who constructed the various Grimoires that much of the GD material was drawn from.Start with Agrippa then look into the background of Kelly and Dee and you will begin to get a picture of what was their intent during those periods and so on.You can then decide which might have influenced who and to what extent that influence was accurately rendered.

For everything Alchemical I strongly recommend the acknowledged expert Adam Maclean http://www.alchemywe...e.com/adam.html

Edited by violetstar, 05 February 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#19 Dominicus

• Old Timers
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

great info and discussion looking into the alchemy link B)
"Chose ye an island !
Fortify it !
shall stand before you."

#20 Dominicus

• Old Timers
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:00 PM

View Postvives gladio, on 03 February 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Brilliant!
"Chose ye an island !
Fortify it !
shall stand before you."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users