- - - - -

An Untraditional G.d. Dagger - And Hello After 7 Years Away!

dagger golden banishing invoking dawn LBRP pentagram hexagram

28 replies to this topic

#21 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Historical fact not interpretation.Your analogies I pitted against Alchemical symbolism but it was not an attempt to invalidate them.

#22 Spida

Eternal Return

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

I am not disputing that there are Historical facts presented here, but was merely inferring, and assuming that given any particular Carving(including the one mentioned)that there may be room for interpretation, and obviously more credence given to an interpretation supported by Historical facts.

And as you are done in the other thread. I am done here as well :-)
Scribe of the Gods; Somebody get me a fuckin' Violin ! A Journey that has never begun, can never end !

#23 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

There will always be room for interpretation.It is how that interpretation or hypothesis stands up to testing that makes or should make a decision either to dump or retain it.Many interpretations have given rise to ideas that formed the foundation for discovery of important scientific models.An example is one of the most famous, and most controversial, dreams in the history of science : the vision of Ouroboros – the snake consuming its own tail – that revealed the shape of the benzene ring to German chemist Friedrich August Kekulé (1829-1896).

Posted Image

The Egyptian Ouroboros represented both the existence of space and time encapsulated by the unbounded realm of non-existence.In this regard it represents both wholeness as well as infinity as it forms the figure-eight symbol for infinity:Now where have I seen that symbol before :)

Today I was honoured to receive an invitation to contribute a chapter in a forthcoming work on new perspectives in Medieval Cosmology due to be published by a major publisher early 2019.The reason I am mentioning this is research has indicated and demonstrated new insights into the Medieval mind,their world views and beliefs.The Cosmos as seen through their eyes is a far different model than what modern astronomy,science and astro-physics have revealed to us.

In similar fashion,the OBE models proposed by Theosophists and mid-nineteenth century writers such as Oliver Fox who attempted the first scientific study of astral projection,are no longer tenable in the light of modern medical science discovery.Simply what was termed mystical or even magical can now be fully explained.

Yet what fascinates me are the areas of magic and mysticism that science cannot explain.This is where the value of genuine Occult study comes into its own though this must be undertaken alongside accepted historical and scientific discoveries-however much we would wish it to be what we want it to be.Failure to realise this leads to ignorance which in turn leads to error and overall collapse.

I am also done here now.

#24 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

So you are both done with this but that is a shame for I was becoming interested in this snake stories.I see snakes were being part of some creation story around the world plus some thought of snake people living under the ground.Also Medusa have snakes for her hair.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#25 Spida

Eternal Return

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

I am done here, but will continue to elaborate on the Serpent when the opportunity arises :-)
Scribe of the Gods; Somebody get me a fuckin' Violin ! A Journey that has never begun, can never end !

#26 Adamantium

The Lantern Bearer

• Gold Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:35 AM

"My initial observation was in noticing that the Snakes of the Earth were a reflection of Transverse Energy Waves, which are Sine Waves, and also Light Waves. The reflection is evident in the manner in which they propagate. A Slithering Snake looks and moves about the earth in an identical fashion to a Light wave moving through Space.

So soon after I began associating the Serpent with Transverse Energy Waves. I noticed the Snake that was wrapped around the Sun adorned on the Head of Ra. This added weight to my initial observation, and then I also noticed the Egyptian Relief Carvings that showed many Serpents as if in a horizontal row that were shown coming off the Sun and moving away from it. So there is definitely something there, although I have no thoughts on how to use this information. Its just an observation at this point, and may never be anything more than academic."

This is a very fascinating idea, Spida! I can definitely see how you would draw a connection between the movements of a serpent and electro-magnetic transverse waveforms.

The symbolic implications are interesting indeed. Not only is this insight meaningful to how we view the symbolism of the Egyptian solar deities that have a Uraeus as part of their symbology, but it also affects Christian mystical and Rosicrucian symbolism. The classical Biblical representation of "the Devil" archetype is, as we know, a serpent. And in the Medieval period, the name "Lucifer" came to be a prominent name given to the Satan figure. Lucifer, of course, means 'light-bringer,' again forming a connection between light symbolism and serpentine symbolism.

Have you applied your snake-light insights to produce any ceremonial magic rituals with that as a theme, or any ritual tools with a snake theme, Spida?

To draw in Violestar's equally interesting insights into the Ouroboros, and return the conversation on track to the discussion of ritual implements, traditional and otherwise, today, I was talking about the Black Pullet grimoire, which seems to have been written in Rome in the 18th century. In this book, there are a wand and circle, often erroneously mislabelled as talismans that employ snake symbolism:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Adamantium, 27 February 2018 - 01:36 AM.

Frater S.C.F.V.

"People mostly turn to [non-theurgic] magic for three purposes, or combinations thereof: love, prosperity and revenge, or to get laid, get rich or get even." --Caliban

If you're seeking a set of the most cost-efficient Enochian Tabletson the internet or occult-related clothing feel free to visit my online Albiegnus Occult Shop .

Light in Extension, an online Magical Journal

#27 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostAdamantium, on 27 February 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Love the Black Pullet. Two candles and a couple of asses, and you're good to go. I guess you might try a smaller version with one butt cheek in each?
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#28 Adamantium

The Lantern Bearer

• Gold Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:10 AM

Imperial Arts, on 27 February 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Love the Black Pullet. Two candles and a couple of asses, and you're good to go. I guess you might try a smaller version with one butt cheek in each?

LOL, well if two asses = four butt cheeks, then a half-sized circle should have one cheek in each "Ass" position. We could also try making a quarter-sized circle, but having a half-cheek in each might require creating a dividing line along the single cheek to fill both "Ass" positions.

Ideally, the line would be drawn in charcoal ink exorcised according to the Key of Solomon, saying:

I exorcise thee, O creature of ink, by ANAIRETON, by SIMULATOR, and by the name ADONAI, and by the name of him through whom all things were made, that thou be unto me an aid and succor in all things which I wish to perform by thine aid (Editor's Note: such as drawing a dividing line on my butt cheek of Art).

:D :D

Edited by Adamantium, 28 February 2018 - 04:13 AM.

Frater S.C.F.V.

"People mostly turn to [non-theurgic] magic for three purposes, or combinations thereof: love, prosperity and revenge, or to get laid, get rich or get even." --Caliban

If you're seeking a set of the most cost-efficient Enochian Tabletson the internet or occult-related clothing feel free to visit my online Albiegnus Occult Shop .

Light in Extension, an online Magical Journal

#29 Spida

Eternal Return

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

View PostAdamantium, on 27 February 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

To draw in Violestar's equally interesting insights into the Ouroboros...

I disagree. What Violetstar has written on the Ouroboros are not insights, it is merely unquoted, and uncredited material copied word for word(also the bit about the Benzene Ring) that might justly be referred to as plagiarism. I on the other hand do have insights into these areas which are further exploited by way of Ritual, and Altered/Enhanced Modes of Consciousness. There is a BIG difference between these two Avenues, so just to be clear.

I have also incorporated the Ouroboros into a Topic that I created here called "Ouroboros And The Grand Paradox". These are legitimate insights so good luck finding anything 'copied' there(with the exception of one image) or in anything else I write for that matter. I have also written much on: http://www.occultfor...d=active_topics

I will return to comment on some of the other things here, and I do apologize for the clarification :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users