magic circle beginner tips lesser key sloane2731 first post

97 replies to this topic

#81 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

monsnoleedra, on 31 May 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

That paints sort of an interesting mental picture. Naked women running around trying to put the forest out before it really gets to burning. Anyone for hot buns he he he

Serious though I can imagine it. Did something similar myself but luck wise it was already a small fire so the flare up wasn't that big of an issue. Still screwed up my night vision something awful for sometime.
Aha! Caught you! Did I say we were naked? No! So the stereotype image.But maybe yout intuition as that time we were so I let you off Ha Ha!

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#82 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

Sheperdess, on 01 June 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Aha! Caught you! Did I say we were naked? No! So the stereotype image.But maybe yout intuition as that time we were so I let you off Ha Ha!

See took a wild guess. Said to hot to get near it. Clothes would have protected you to a degree he he he Naked skin would be to hot on the flesh and driven away real quick. Back to my fire fighter days. Sky clad never worked to much for me, not against it persay just never felt compelled to do it. I suppose part of it is being in the southern part of the US during the summer months the mosquito population can eat you up. Then the gnats or other pests that flock to the flame can be a royal pain as well so just never cared for it. Nothing like dive bombing bats chasing the bugs to add to the nights festivities, even in the woods.

Always figured the gods & goddesses always wanted to be honored but didn't expect me to be part of the meal. Besides always had memories of stepping into a log that had a yellow jackets nest inside of it when I was younger. Frigging wasp's basically still got inside my cloths and stung me before I could get to water and away from them. Controlled parks and such are nice, deep woods you never really know what you'll find, especially at night.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#83 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

@ IA. Here is some more on Church altars:The Catholic altar is both a sacrificial altar, and a table for a communal meal.
The altar is one of the earliest elements of the liturgy. In the first years when Christianity was illegal, the Eucharist was typically celebrated in the homes of the faithful.

Fixed altars made of stone became prevalent when Constantine established that Christianity would no longer be illegal and more churches were erected for the purpose of celebrating the Mass. Wood altars were still used for a time, as were metal altars. However, with time preference was given to stone because it lasted better than wood and metal and was not subject to the decay those materials were. In 517, the provincial council of Epeaune in France decreed that the altar was to be made of stone. However, this was a provincial decree only and wooden altars were not uncommon even through the 9th century; after that century wooden altars were not often seen in the Latin churches. Wooden altars remain common in the Greek Church to this day.

Early altars were not placed against walls, but set apart so that the bishop or priests would stand facing the people. Around the 5th century, it became popular for the altar to face the East or be set against a wall. The priest would celebrate the Mass facing east, and the people would face East with him, symbolic of looking toward Christ as the Dawn. In the Middle Ages, the altar ceased to resemble the table of the early Church. Altars of Medieval times began to be designed very ornately, and were adorned with statues, relics, and paintings, and of course the tabernacle. In the mid-20th century, in many countries, the altar was moved away from the wall again, with the priest celebrating the Mass facing the people.

Catholic altars today are often stone, though as mentioned above, an altar made of quality wood is permitted.

There are parallels with the old witchcraft altars built of stone and the wooden types of Ceremonial magic and Wicca. Actual layout of the tools on these archaic tables if any, is anyone's guess.Then there are the stone altars of the Babylonians lined up in rows with no regard to any assembly but rather to their alignment to various stars.All fascinating stuff!

Edit:

Jon Kaneko-James a researcher in Early Modern Supernatural beliefs points out how the earliest circles were written and portable before being later inscribed on the ground
While written circles, on cloth or parchment, were generally for talismanic purposes.Magical circles can be drawn on a permanent medium – like paper, parchment or cloth – or more temporarily: either scrawled on soft ground, or drawn with something like paint or chalk. While magical circles used in the latter sense seem to be more recent, the practise of walking circles for ritual purposes dates back at least as far as Hittite battle magic.
In fact, some circles are portable temples: divided into different ‘chambers’ for the ritual participants and magical tools, plus an altar space, or symbolically armed section. One fifteenth century magical circle has a triangle at the centre of it containing representations of ritual items including a sword, an ewer, a rod/wand of some kind, and two inscribed talismanic items

The date and tradition that took magical circles from written form to being traced on the ground is unclear, although Don C Skemer of Princteon University’s Rare Books and Special Collections Department believes the interaction was somewhere during the early years of Christianity in the Byzantine Empire.

Edited by violetstar, 01 June 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#84 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Sheperdess, on 31 May 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

If you think Pine burn hot try Western Gorse! So we were in the woods and nearby we found the pile of dried Gorse.That time I told my friend to add it to the fire which like you said was smokey to start so she put the Gorse on all of it at once,Suddenly it flared up so fierce we could not stand the heat and we tried to put it out before we caught the woodland on fire.Ha Ha!
I dont know what spirits are in Gorse or even what legends there are for it but it lights up the dark so bright probably Lucifer rites used it!But more serious I doubt many people bother tol earn of sacred woods so I agree plus I dont think many will go to the wild places after sundown to cast circles and call upon spirits.
Don't know if you will see this but was wondering what these spirits of Nature appear like.I mean there are endless postings on the web about how certain spirits are supposed to look like but no kinda eye witness accounts that make sense to me.What ones there are seem to be about demons and probably written by teenagers by the look of it.
Have you encountered any you might class as malevolent? Do you always use a circle and is this purely for protective purposes?

#85 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Got notified of PMs here so I only saw this by luck.I would not take those postings to be serious because their accounts will be from what they think spirits will look like and from books written by people who bluff others into thinking they are something they never will be.So there wont be eye witness account as they were not there doing what they say,only long waffling anecdotes and philosophic rambling to blind others who have no experience to make any contrast with,
Reality is that they are keyboard magicians with big egos and never set foot in a circle so we know these things easily with their accounts lacking any mention of the effects the witch or genuine Adept magician will look for in order to judge their account.

I have slowly tired of reading BS claims and rambling that goes round in a hamster wheel with nothing gained from it except repeated opinions and theory with no practical worth.Sometime I have to hold myself back so not to upset the fantasy.With this I wont be posting answers,this is pointless because unless you are there it wont have any lasting value.Also someone can say it is subjective only meaningful to me my own personal experience or belief plus they use that same line to hide behind if you challenge their claims saying well thars the way it was for me.All OK but no use for the rest of us to gain from.
The saying Proof of Pudding is in Eating cannot be argued so I dont waste my time with long windy theory.In many years time if you come to forums they will be saying the same thing that they said before many years before in the archive.

I have a thought so I need to run it with some others before giving assurance or making promise.So I will return tomorrow if this site is still here as it keeps losing its server.

#86 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

Well thats a realistic overview. I get this in the mudane world with the big I AM but when the chips are down they aint no big deal.Know where you are coming from and I realise the restrictions on this sort of stuff at least thats what I assume.Question is how do we test the pudding without shouts of any result being subjective?

Thing is I look at all this stuff,some good opinions,some not so while I carry a bucket of salt to take the BS with.Like Abramelin said,the wise man needs few words and from that I skip past posts that take up half the page.Found the yardstick 'Bigger the opinion,smaller the value' to hold fast.I dismiss anything with anecdotes or vague overviews unless it translates into something relevant or worthwhile following up.You see a lot of people agreeing with what others agree with and of course the goofs flitting around thinking up their next bout of cyber-malice.

Cant get on,if its here as you say,till probably tomorrow night as got a job come in.Try catch you then.

#87 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

Topper, on 05 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Well thats a realistic overview. I get this in the mudane world with the big I AM but when the chips are down they aint no big deal.Know where you are coming from and I realise the restrictions on this sort of stuff at least thats what I assume.Question is how do we test the pudding without shouts of any result being subjective?

Thing is I look at all this stuff,some good opinions,some not so while I carry a bucket of salt to take the BS with.Like Abramelin said,the wise man needs few words and from that I skip past posts that take up half the page.Found the yardstick 'Bigger the opinion,smaller the value' to hold fast.I dismiss anything with anecdotes or vague overviews unless it translates into something relevant or worthwhile following up.You see a lot of people agreeing with what others agree with and of course the goofs flitting around thinking up their next bout of cyber-malice.

Cant get on,if its here as you say,till probably tomorrow night as got a job come in.Try catch you then.

Bolded mine. You know the wise man says know your audience first before making blanket statements. I tend to write quite a bit on the page but guess you can automatically rule me out by that statement. Many of us give vague opinion and details on things simply because how "spirits" or "daemons" appear to us will often align to our particular expectations or experiences. That and the descriptions and verbiage we use is equally structured by those same experiences and pathways. Lots of my terminology would reflect my shamanic influences or my particular knowledge and interest to describe things.

It's like you asked about malevolent spirits. My daughter-in-law used to do ghost hunting trips and took a group to an abandoned train and coal mining operation in Tennessee. They climbed pretty high above the old structure's into an open field where some old track climbed into the mountain's and she claimed you could hear a pounding like foot falls coming into the pasture and other's there could hear it and feel it. On the far side of the pasture a form came into the pasture that sort of resembled a bear with a distorted head that was almost a blob and sort of smokey. Said you could hear it in your mind as it came across the field towards them. A couple of newbies in the group freaked out and the thing just wanted them gone from the area but it wasn't so much that it was malevolent or maligned as it was just putrid and foul. It hurt her heart and chest as it closed towards her and she hollered out that they were leaving the area.

History of the place is the last family to live up there the man went crazy and murdered his family. My daughter-in-law her heart eventually failed and she had to have a heart transplant and no longer does any sort of ghost hunting now. Yet she can still see that entity in her mind and describe it and the feel of the energy and air about it. But she doesn't say it was malevolent or malign in it's disposition towards people. It didn't want people there and came forward to drive them away. Yet it was more like she said it was being in it's presence was it was putrid and foul and that made you ill and hurt you. She thinks that encounter is what caused her heart to fail as she never had issues prior to that but had compiling issues ever after it.

So she saw that bear like creature with a deformed head and sort of glowing mass. The newbie's who freaked out saw something different she said, sort of a demon type figure is what she said they described it as. One of the other guys with her saw something similar to what she saw but it had more pronounced eyes. Yet both her and the one guy both "heard" or felt it in their mind and knew to get out of the area and it would leave them alone. So experience, fear, expectations, all contributed to what was seen, how it was seen and how they all reacted, even as to how they claimed it being putrid, foul, malign, or malevolent.

It's like I was born with half a caul. So not as great as being born with a full caul but still according to family beliefs and old wives tales means basically some degree of second sight. Which is why my grandmother and other's swore I could see "unseen" things and "spirits". Unfortunately, that also means the dead spirits as well to some degree as well as hear them. Fortunately though that is not to often. But one thing I learnt early in my youth is that somethings we see don't exactly have appearances that are easily described.

It's like one winter I was out after dark and up near the pond on our property. All of a sudden this white light shoots up from the base of a tree that is on the waters edge of the pond and into the night sky. That light lasted for maybe 10 to 15 seconds before it went out. Then I watched about 15 orbs appear on the ground near the base of the tree and basically scatter up the hillside and then into the deeper woods. They all went scurrying off in different directions. They didn't bounce or roll along the ground that I recall but sort of floated just above it. Each ball probably about the size of a tennis ball, maybe a little bit larger in size. I vaguely recall they were yellow to yellow green in color off the top of my head. The whole thing was surreal the way it happened and I really don't recall any sounds from the woods that evening. Not to say there were none I just don't recall any.

I lived at that farm house for 14 years and never saw anything like that again. Saw lots of other things and heard more than a few unknown cries and came across a number of tracks but never the lights again. Even encountered bigfoot on that property though in that area better known as a mountain booger.

#88 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:47 PM

Hang on there.I made no blanket statement and if you read my post I said I see some good opinions,some not so good.The wise man who said to know your target audience must have been talking to authors or politicians.I certainly aint looking for any audience apart from the person I am talking to.
Thanks for the anecdotes on spirits Like you say somethings we see don't exactly have appearances that are easily described.which is why its of little use to rely on other peoples ideas of them.I like to see it for myself before Im in any position to give opinion.

#89 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

Topper, on 05 June 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Hang on there.I made no blanket statement and if you read my post I said I see some good opinions,some not so good.The wise man who said to know your target audience must have been talking to authors or politicians.I certainly aint looking for any audience apart from the person I am talking to.
Thanks for the anecdotes on spirits Like you say somethings we see don't exactly have appearances that are easily described.which is why its of little use to rely on other peoples ideas of them.I like to see it for myself before Im in any position to give opinion.

I apologize if I misread that but it seemed that you were inferring opinions came after you had ruled out a post for consideration due to its length. Sorry been a long day.

#90 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

monsnoleedra, on 06 June 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

I apologize if I misread that but it seemed that you were inferring opinions came after you had ruled out a post for consideration due to its length. Sorry been a long day.
Things aint always what they seem.As I said some good some bad.I read a lot of your posts both recent and archived such as Gravyard v Cemetry which was great reading.You may not have noticed but trawling through, seems more or less the best stuff comes in when you and Violetstar are interacting on a thread.Nothing against anyone else just my opinion.

#91 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Topper, on 06 June 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Things aint always what they seem.As I said some good some bad.I read a lot of your posts both recent and archived such as Gravyard v Cemetry which was great reading.You may not have noticed but trawling through, seems more or less the best stuff comes in when you and Violetstar are interacting on a thread.Nothing against anyone else just my opinion.
Those days are gone it is a shame.So I told you yesterday it is time for me to move on also.I have sent you email with another option to consider so if you reply do it there as I will not be here to see it.

#92 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

Topper, on 06 June 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

I always liked talking to Violetstar. We can speculate but always keep it sort of academic as well. Our interest tend to crossover in many areas so there was many topics we could go into depth on that probably bored others but I found interesting.

#93 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

monsnoleedra, on 06 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

I always liked talking to Violetstar. We can speculate but always keep it sort of academic as well. Our interest tend to crossover in many areas so there was many topics we could go into depth on that probably bored others but I found interesting.
Not to embarrass you but I know she has massive respect for your learned views.The heavy academic stuff is a bit beyond me but the essence of the threads threw up some great things to think about.She singled out to me that sort of interaction that was important to build up this Occulture thing but the goofs did'nt see it that way and I could see in the short time here how everything she tried to build was spoilt by malice directed at her.
Same thing with Sheppy so she moved out for good.I dont see myself here much longer and almost finished looking through the archives anyhow.

#94 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Topper, on 09 June 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Not to embarrass you but I know she has massive respect for your learned views.The heavy academic stuff is a bit beyond me but the essence of the threads threw up some great things to think about.She singled out to me that sort of interaction that was important to build up this Occulture thing but the goofs did'nt see it that way and I could see in the short time here how everything she tried to build was spoilt by malice directed at her.
Same thing with Sheppy so she moved out for good.I dont see myself here much longer and almost finished looking through the archives anyhow.

And this runs parallel with someone who quite often boasts about destroying the weak in unison with their Minion ? So what this boils down to is a matter of perspective ? So it's not an issue if it's pertinent to any Number, other than Number One ? I understand completely !

Some may dish it out, but prefer not to take it !
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#95 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

If I want your opinion on what I specifically directed at Monsnoleedra I will ask.

Edited by Topper, 09 June 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#96 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

Topper, on 09 June 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

If I want your opinion on what I specifically directed at Monsnoleedra I will ask.

Pity you are in an Occult 'Forum' and don't have a choice ! I will say what I want, wherever I want so long as it doesn't (in most cases) breech any of the Site Rules !

I do apologize for any inconvenience arising as a result of this, but not really !

Edited by Spida, 10 June 2018 - 09:25 AM.

Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#97 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

Spida, on 10 June 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Pity you are in an Occult 'Forum' and don't have a choice ! I will say what I want, wherever I want so long as it doesn't (in most cases) breech any of the Site Rules !

I do apologize for any inconvenience arising as a result of this, but not really !

**Mod Response**

People are indeed free to post what they will so long as they don't run afoul of site rules. The mod team is currently reviewing a spate of complaints and the parties involved will be notified in due course. In the meantime, everyone should make an extra effort to be civil.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#98 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:06 AM

I'm not exactly sure which way to respond to this.

**Moderator comment**

Responding to the PM sent to you would have been the place to discuss the issues, not here. We don't adjudicate complaints in the topical discussion forums. This entire post was deleted, and in 24 hours. Discussion of the topic of the thread may resume.

R. Eugene Laughlin

Edited by R. Eugene Laughlin, 11 June 2018 - 01:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users