Jump to content


* * * * - 4 votes

Help: Spoken Consecration Of The Magic Circle

magic circle beginner tips lesser key sloane2731 first post

97 replies to this topic

#1 biketowork

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hello everyone, I am just starting my work in magic,

I understand that the first thing to be done is master a magic circle. I choose to do this first because according to my research, this will
serve as a banishing ritual and put me, the magician, in the right state of mind.

So this is my progress now:
-Memorized the divine names and the prayers (For 5 months while biking home and before bedtime he he he)
-Instructed an artist to create a 10x10 magic circle canvas rug exactly with the colors, text and shapes exactly like the Sloanne 2731 magic circle.
-Fitted and ordered a white Linen Robe.

Things still needed to be done:
-A deeper study of these 50 names.

Questions I need help with:
1. Why are the names associated with Kingdom (Malkuth) are not included in the outer part of the circle? Which direction will I face/how will I move
while I recite the last portion?
2. Can anyone give a reliable audio which pronounces these 50 names correctly (even a dictionary pronunciation will suffice for me.)

My initial goal is perform a good ritual of this magic circle without actually calling any spirits for now.
When I feel satisfied with my performance of this ritual, hopefully in 6 months I can start with the Almadel.
Of course my end game is to summon the demon lords for practical purposes when I am ready. (It may take years)

When I think of new questions, I'll add more to this thread. Thanks for the help!


For everyone's reference, here are the names and prayers I memorized.

Quote

The Spoken Prayers:

Eheie - Almighty God, whose dwelling is in the highest heavens,
Kether - The great king of heaven and all the hosts therein,
Metatron - And of all the holy hosts of angels and archangels,
Chaioth ha-Qadesh - Hear the prayer of they servant, who put his whole trust in thee.
Rashith ha-Galgalim - Let they holy angels assist me this time and always

Jah- God almighty and omnipotent, hear my prayers,
Chokmah - Command the holy angels above the fixed stars,
Ratziel- To be aiding and assisting of thy servant,
Auphanim- That I may command all spirits of air, fire, water, earth and hell.
Masloth-That it may tend to they Glory and Man's good.

Jehovah Elohim - God almighty and omnipresent, hear my prayers,
Binah - God with me, God be always present with me.
Tzaphkiel - Strengthen and support me, now and forever.
Aralim - In these undertakings, which I do, as an instrument of thy hands.
Shabbathai - O thou great God of the sabbath.

El - Thou great God and governor,
Chesed - Of all the planets and hosts of heaven, hear my prayers.
Tzadkiel - Command them by the almighty power,
Chasmalim - To be present and assisting of they servant,
Tzedeq - Both now and forever.

Elohim Gibor - Most almighty and ever living Lord God, hear my prayers.
Geburah - Command thy Seraphim,
Camael - To attend on me now,
Seraphim - To assist and defend me,
Madim - From all perils and dangers.

Eloah Va-Daath - Almighty God, be present with me, now and forever.
Tiphareth - And let they almighty power and presence ever guard me,
Raphael - And protect me, now and always
Malachim - Let thy holy angel, Raphael wait upon me,
Shemesh - To assist me in this work.

Jehovah Sabaoth - God almighty and omnipresent, hear my prayers.
Netzach - Thou great God of hosts,
Haniel - All seeing God,
Elohim - Be present with me and may your presence be always with me.
Nogah - Let thy holy angel Haniel come and minister unto me.

Elohim Sabaoth - God be present with me, now and always.
Hod - Thou great God of hosts, be with me,
Michael - And let thy almighty power defend and protect me.
Beni-Elohim - Let Michael, who is general of thy heavenly host,
Kokab - Come and expel all evil and danger in this place

Shaddai El Chai - Thou Great God of all wisdom and knowledge,
Yesod - Instruct Thy humble servant,
Gabriel - By Thy holy Kerubim,
Kerubim - By Thy Holy Angel Gabriel, who is the Author of tidings,
Levannah - Direct me and support me, now and forever.

Adonai Melekh - Thou universal God of Heaven and all the Hosts therein,
Malkuth - Of the land, sea, sky, and all their creatures,
Sandalphon - Thou, before whose presence all spirits fear and tremble,
Ishim - Let them be now in subjugation unto me,
Cholom Yosodoth - At the word of thy most holy name.


#2 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

1. I like to take one step for each line. The central square is the final portion.

2. If you don't know enough Hebrew to pronounce these passably, you probably aren't too familiar with their meaning and context. Give them some thought so that the Magic Circle comes alive for you rather than being some words to recite.

I began with chalk circles, but started using the cloth device as suggested by my wife back in the 90s. As far as I know, the whole "magic circle twister mat" fad traces directly back to her. Aside from that, the use of a consecrated cloth for conjuring appears in the Key of Solomon, a fact which seems to have flown under the radar for most practicing occultists.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Imperial Arts, 20 December 2017 - 08:07 PM.

https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#3 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

If you cannot say these names maybe you will not understand them so better to be looking into their meaning in your language then pronounce that way.Abramelin say is it not madness to ask of God something in the language we do not understand?So I think most sensible magician will agree to evoke in your own language or foreign if you really will understand it.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#4 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostImperial Arts, on 20 December 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

1. I like to take one step for each line. The central square is the final portion.

2. If you don't know enough Hebrew to pronounce these passably, you probably aren't too familiar with their meaning and context. Give them some thought so that the Magic Circle comes alive for you rather than being some words to recite.

I began with chalk circles, but started using the cloth device as suggested by my wife back in the 90s. As far as I know, the whole "magic circle twister mat" fad traces directly back to her. Aside from that, the use of a consecrated cloth for conjuring appears in the Key of Solomon, a fact which seems to have flown under the radar for most practicing occultists.

Posted Image

Posted Image
May I ask if you had the difference in practice of the cloth with the chalk please?I will be interested in this to compare with my own.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#5 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

The cloth is convenient. Chalk takes more time, but it's also less likely to catch fire.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#6 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostImperial Arts, on 20 December 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

The cloth is convenient. Chalk takes more time, but it's also less likely to catch fire.
Ok,In this system will it always be inside or can it be taken out?We are using the flour or sometime the wheat to mark the Circle of course outside.Also why must these name of the Lord be there plus the beginning/end of Alpha Omega?I was also thinking why there is snake at edge but without being closed like ouroboros so maybe weak point that demon exploit.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#7 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

It's hard these days to come across property with indoor space that can accommodate the full Solomonic circle. In Tennessee, I used a detached garage. When I lived in California, I used an upper room in the old lunatic asylum that I had converted into my home. In Las Vegas, I had a separate apartment whose flooring I removed for the purpose, shown in the picture. On one occasion, I went into the desert and drew the circle in the sand. Now I use a hilltop with views of British Columbia shoreline. Every place I have lived in the last 20 years was chosen with this usage in mind.

It's certainly warmer indoors, but less convenient for things like braziers full of hot coals.

The names are the divine name, sephira, archangel, angelic choir, and planet for each of the spheres on the Tree of Life. The snake is just an aesthetic touch copied from Crowley's version of the circle, walked in a spiral from the perimeter to the center. "Why" the names are there remains a matter for conjecture and there is no solid answer. I personally believe that they establish parameters and limitations for the conjuration in the same way that a baseball diamond defines "baseball" as the event that takes place therein.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#8 biketowork

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

Hi IA, thanks for your replies, these are noted.

1.

Quote

If you don't know enough Hebrew to pronounce these passably, you probably aren't too familiar with their meaning and context. Give them some thought so that the Magic Circle comes alive for you rather than being some words to recite.
I have seen your personal working text, in addition to the names and prayers, there is a description for each name. I have read them but not that thoroughly yet.
Strictly speaking, I have almost zero knowledge in Hebrew, I only know the words in this circle and some names mentioned in the bible. So, could you recommend a reliable source material so
I can learn more about the context and meaning of the names Sephirot just for the purpose of this ritual? It is easy to find the source material in the internet but if you could help me narrow down what I need, it would be a tremendous help.

To be honest, I'm trying to emulate your work and because I can't read alphabet of the magi, I did my own research to find out what those names were and after much reconciliation of your text and other sources (not the crowley/mathers version), I was able to confirm that the names I got were right. Except Malkuth, which I am not sure yet.


2.

Quote

The names are the divine name, sephira, archangel, angelic choir, and planet for each of the spheres on the Tree of Life
Yes sir, I figured out this format, which made memorizing the names easier for me. ^_^

3.

Quote

Adonai Melekh - Thou universal God of Heaven and all the Hosts therein,
Malkuth - Of the land, sea, sky, and all their creatures,
Sandalphon - Thou, before whose presence all spirits fear and tremble,
Ishim - Let them be now in subjugation unto me,
Cholom Yosodoth - At the word of thy most holy name.

Did I get these names right for Malkuth?

#9 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

@ The IA
This is interesting.We are marking out with our Circle diamond shape to mean cone and vortex of power to stand in Also sometime we have marked tablets in clay with name of deity and some symbols.With this to be put outside Circle on the little mound so the spirit can be seen there so this may be like an area of the magician triangle I was thinking.
Sometime with Celtic way they are also walking in spiral to charge their Circle like you say plus also they have four mound to make the diamond points.We must be having a fire so we cannot be inside of course plus we also put a lamp above the mound hanging and the incense will be smoking at edge of Circle to face mound.

Then with this done we make the call and we wait,soon a mist will come but not always but with the creepy silence.Ok.With this there will be a feeling of something strange is happened to the ambient feel then usually before these spirit appear we can hear the farm animals go crazy with also maybe a dog barking.When suddenly this is quiet these spirit are appear sometimes also they hide to pop up in another place to try of scare people so with not knowing this you maybe being scared.
For the graveyard work it can be more danger so the way there must be particular to protect from sinister spirit that may also come with no invitation.If they are there they have the tricky disguise like something that seem good but this will harm if you go to near.
I was also thinking we are not forcing to summon them so we are inviting them maybe this was one reason they say we are in leagues with them because we did not include the Lord to make them come.Ok I am not sure this is fact so only my thought of history but Violet has this history so I must ask her.

May I ask if this desert work was bringing result different from other ways as I was reading once that I think it was said some workings must not be in the desert place?Also I think this was from the Jewish thought maybe.

Edited by Sheperdess, 21 December 2017 - 03:52 PM.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#10 biketowork

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

Can anyone comment about the pronunciation of the divine names in this video? Is this reliable?

https://youtu.be/a4A8PVX4edw


#11 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

Not reliable they say in example Jehovah so Jews not say this name as sacred so they are saying Adonai or sometime Yahweh.Before I have said no result will come if you cannot understand these Jewish names.Best to speak your own language to know what you may be asking spirits.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#12 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

View Postbiketowork, on 28 December 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Is this reliable?

No.

I don't even know why people do this kind of video.

It's not a huge thing. It's likely that any English speaker in the last 400 years who invoked these names also had no idea how to pronounce them, so you're in good company. A ten minute conversation with someone raised Jewish should clear up the major pronunciation issues.


Edited by Imperial Arts, 02 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#13 violetstar

    Destroying Angel

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostSheperdess, on 02 January 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Not reliable they say in example Jehovah so Jews not say this name as sacred so they are saying Adonai or sometime Yahweh.Before I have said no result will come if you cannot understand these Jewish names.Best to speak your own language to know what you may be asking spirits.
The prohibitions surrounding the supposed sacred name IHVH came into force around 585 BCE The Name began to be suppressed when Israel went into dispersion among the pagan nations .The Babylonians referred to Jews as “Yahudim” and to ridicule them began to call them “Yahoo's”. Hearing the Name blasphemed on the lips of pagans was so offensive, the use of it became avoided. Over time what was an avoidance of saying the Name, to keep it from being taken in vain,evolved into it being banned by the rabbis in 400 BCE as a result of Hellenistic influence .Wikipedia

This prohibition came from the pagan concept in the secret mysteries, of hiding the name of the 'god' to all but the initiates. They adopted this from the Babylonians and the Greeks which each had held their period of dominion over Israel,Later further restrictions were imposed, making only the high priest able to pronounce the Name on the Day of Atonement. From this time onwards in 290 BC,

Hence these restrictions on pronouncing Gods name were a later polemic designed to shift legitimate usage and correct pronunciation away from the people(who up until 285 BCE had used it commonly)into the domain of the Rabbinic Priesthood.The prohibition was so severe that anyone other than a High Priest caught pronouncing the sacred name would face the death penalty.

In context here,it is not so much the correct pronunciation of ancient Hebrew that is the issue.If we examine the magical texts or Grimoires,we find in the orations demands on the spirits that they should appear in a form pleasing to the operator ie not to appear in their terrifying forms.Yet the demand that they speak in a language understandable to the magician is much rarer.

Therefore we can utilise the following analogy.If we address a French person in French we should not expect anything other than a reply in that language.It therefore follows that if you address spirits in ancient Hebrew then expect their reply to be in that tongue.

Bottom line? If you want to operate Hebrew magic then learn the language that it employs.This allows understanding of both what you are actually asking(including through the Holy names)and what the spirits themselves relay to you.

#14 biketowork

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Just to confirm some things:

1. Do the names Rashith Ha-Galgalim refer to Neptune
and Masloth to Uranus?

2. Per checking Cholom Yosodoth pertains to the four elements so it means planet Earth (Malkuth) right?

#15 Imperial Arts

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Rashith ha-Galgalim refers to the "beginning of motion," the background cosmic radiation, the origins of the universe.

Olahm ha-masloth is the World of Stars, the 'fixed" regions beyond the most distant planet that can be conveniently observed.

Cholom Yesodoth refers to the world as a persistent illusion that defies all expectations.

Chalam is a verb, but Olahm is a noun, and while Mathers mixes up his Heh's and Chet's, Regardie mixes verbs and nouns and sometimes ignores the Hebrew dictionary altogether.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#16 Sheperdess

    Senior Member

  • Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 04 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

The prohibitions surrounding the supposed sacred name IHVH came into force around 585 BCE The Name began to be suppressed when Israel went into dispersion among the pagan nations .The Babylonians referred to Jews as “Yahudim” and to ridicule them began to call them “Yahoo's”. Hearing the Name blasphemed on the lips of pagans was so offensive, the use of it became avoided. Over time what was an avoidance of saying the Name, to keep it from being taken in vain,evolved into it being banned by the rabbis in 400 BCE as a result of Hellenistic influence .Wikipedia

This prohibition came from the pagan concept in the secret mysteries, of hiding the name of the 'god' to all but the initiates. They adopted this from the Babylonians and the Greeks which each had held their period of dominion over Israel,Later further restrictions were imposed, making only the high priest able to pronounce the Name on the Day of Atonement. From this time onwards in 290 BC,

Hence these restrictions on pronouncing Gods name were a later polemic designed to shift legitimate usage and correct pronunciation away from the people(who up until 285 BCE had used it commonly)into the domain of the Rabbinic Priesthood.The prohibition was so severe that anyone other than a High Priest caught pronouncing the sacred name would face the death penalty.

In context here,it is not so much the correct pronunciation of ancient Hebrew that is the issue.If we examine the magical texts or Grimoires,we find in the orations demands on the spirits that they should appear in a form pleasing to the operator ie not to appear in their terrifying forms.Yet the demand that they speak in a language understandable to the magician is much rarer.

Therefore we can utilise the following analogy.If we address a French person in French we should not expect anything other than a reply in that language.It therefore follows that if you address spirits in ancient Hebrew then expect their reply to be in that tongue.

Bottom line? If you want to operate Hebrew magic then learn the language that it employs.This allows understanding of both what you are actually asking(including through the Holy names)and what the spirits themselves relay to you.
It seem to me more of interest in these Jewish name with the exotic touch than how to understand them for ritual.Maybe you should not be wasting time here Violet this is how it is looking.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove


#17 violetstar

    Destroying Angel

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 04 January 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

It seem to me more of interest in these Jewish name with the exotic touch than how to understand them for ritual.Maybe you should not be wasting time here Violet this is how it is looking.
Maybe but I plod on with perhaps a deluded belief that someone somewhere may find my replies of some use.

#18 violetstar

    Destroying Angel

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

On second thoughts...

#19 monsnoleedra

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

View Postvioletstar, on 07 January 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

On second thoughts...

It's been my experience that quiet often those we help the most seldom tell us. Yet something keeps us coming back and keeps us speaking up and saying things even though it often seems to fall on deaf ears.. To be the so called voice on the wind that whispers upon the wind, even if it is cyber winds and tickles the necks and lingers at the back of the mind. Perhaps even for some visitor that has yet to find the site or read the page and will reply at some future time. Even today I still get rep points or replies to post I wrote years ago on some site that I've long ago forgotten about but some new seeker has discovered in their journey.

Besides I don't speak as much but still find your replies enlightening and interesting.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#20 violetstar

    Destroying Angel

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 08 January 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

It's been my experience that quiet often those we help the most seldom tell us. Yet something keeps us coming back and keeps us speaking up and saying things even though it often seems to fall on deaf ears.. To be the so called voice on the wind that whispers upon the wind, even if it is cyber winds and tickles the necks and lingers at the back of the mind. Perhaps even for some visitor that has yet to find the site or read the page and will reply at some future time. Even today I still get rep points or replies to post I wrote years ago on some site that I've long ago forgotten about but some new seeker has discovered in their journey.

Besides I don't speak as much but still find your replies enlightening and interesting.
Thats very kind of you.I think there is an underlying problem my end in that I sometimes struggle with accepted beliefs that can be shown to be the invention of modern authors the majority of whom have never practised what they hoist onto the market place.It follows that I find it frustrating to see such ideas being discussed in all sincerity and enthusiasm and when attempts to enlighten or point out the flaws underpinning these invented or re-hashed magical systems fall on deaf ears I sometimes feel joining in such discussions is a pointless exercise.

As an example there seemed little point in Owen Davies expressing his learned views concerning the Necronomicon.The pulp novelist HP Lovecraft wrote of a fictional grimoire,and with no assistance from Lovecraft, versions of the work with bogus genealogies linking it to Mesopotamian sources then appeared.Owen also knows that Lovecraft himself expressed embarrassment after realising his fiction was increasingly being taken as an ancient book of magic.We know this from letters Lovecraft had penned to several of his friends.
Despite this-and Owen publicly stating he found it incredible that today people still believe the Necronomicon to be a genuine work on magic,one glance at Occult forums and the general 5 Star reviews of this book on Amazon suggests his remarks were buried under the avalanche of believers who do not want to see the facts but want it to be what everyone thinks it to be.

I share Davies overall investigation of provenance concerning magical works though unlike him I am also interested in the semantics within the texts.Given that,most know that I am suspicious of many of the Goetic or Solomonic type texts simply because I can pinpoint non-magical motives for their construction as I have shown in places here.Add to this the fact most were written by Catholic Christians who composed,collected,stored and distributed these texts within the Monasteries and such incertitude increases.The fact these grimoires require the magician to hold a prerequisite belief in a Jewish God or the Christian Jesus to afford control over the named spirits is in itself another problem.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users