- - - - -

Underground Temples

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

I was Youtube binge watching videos of people exploring abandoned mansions. Anyway, I came across this video of this guy exploring this subterranean temple (called the Temples of Humankind) in Italy. It was meant to have been built by someone who claims to have time traveled. Is it famous? Anyway, I hadn't heard of it before but it's surprising that it is in that mountain.

Here's the video:

(I'd embed it in the thread but I've forgotten how to do that).
(edit by wren: fify. Just paste in the video url as plain text, not a hyperlink, then remove the 's' from https. Then it should embed for you. Weird, I know.)

Edited by wren, 02 December 2017 - 05:28 AM.

#2 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

These were built by this community http://www.damanhur.org in the 1980s.The Temples are built around pseudo-Greek and Egyptian ideologies developed by that community into rather New Age ideas on Magic and Alchemy within a cult like environment.

#3 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

I was in an old mine the other day about 30 metres down, and I found it awful! I wouldn't trust being underground there because of the integrity of it...Not my cup of tea!

#4 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:53 AM

It's really quite a work. I had to laugh at the vlogger's "penguin" comment. The group seemed a bit haley-bop.

#5 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Haley-bop, as in boppy? I think the colour pitch of the art is very off.

#6 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Sorry, Hale-Bopp. The comet that was central to the beliefs of Heaven's Gate.

Never realised it was spelled that way.

#7 Aurum

• Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

I had no idea that the phrase had something to do with a cult. I thought you said that as like a creative expression for something else, or you just said that cos for some reason I keep talking about comets. Maybe they need proper air ventilation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users