44 replies to this topic

#41 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Here is a mystery within a mystery so to speak that the sleuths among you may like to ponder.I have received an anonymous and cryptic message concerning the actual name of the 'Angel of the Lord' with no clue other than an assurance it is not Metatron.The answer they say is right in front of me but concealed in the article submitted to my Blog.
While anyone could posit that,the fact this comes so late after the initial article appeared suggests to me it is genuine.So rather than reproduce it here,if anyone is interested the article is called 'An unexpected Visitor' which I have read over and over in attempt to discover this name.

I have a big personal interest in this and would welcome any ideas as I concede that as they say,I cannot see it.Thanks.

#42 Harry

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Exodus 34:14
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

I thought that jealousy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and here it says that God is a jealous God.
Well, it is actually envy but, yes, I agree that He is a psychopath.

Wrath is also one of the sins, and he was very wrathful and murderous in the Old Testament.

Edited by Harry, 04 July 2018 - 07:25 PM.

#43 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

The "Lord" terminology can be used in various contexts with respect to "God Aspects" in effect rendering "Lord" somewhat ambiguous. There is "The Lord God", or just simply "The Lord". And although they are very similar, they do represent distinct periods of Cosmic Evolution, being individual Spheres/Emanations, but occupying the same Plane of Existence.

This AOTL is quite a malevolent character from what I remember, or perhaps even 'Severe'. So maybe that is a clue where to find such an Angel. So who is the Darkest Angel that could attributed to that which bears the "Lord" terminolgy ? Tzaphkiel, Angel of "The Lord God"; the 5th Emanation. Queen Scale, nigrum holoserica mare silentium.

As far as Metatron. If someone said: "The" Angel of Creation I might be inclined to think "Metatron". Even though this is inapropriate in a strict Qabalistic sense, but to compensate for the exoteric.

If they said "an" Angel of Creation then my attention would wander to the two Angels of the Creative World.

So right off I don't see a connection with Metatron and a "Lord". Of course if you were to utilize the "Above and Below" axiom which would yield Adonai Ha Aretz - The Lord of The Earth(Below) with Emanuele as the respective Angel of this Lord.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#44 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

Correction : i.e. Tzaphkiel, Angel of "The Lord God"; the 3rd Emanation, not 5th.

Edited by Spida, 07 July 2018 - 06:05 PM.

Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#45 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostHarry, on 04 July 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Exodus 34:14
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

I thought that jealousy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and here it says that God is a jealous God.
Well, it is actually envy but, yes, I agree that He is a psychopath.

Wrath is also one of the sins, and he was very wrathful and murderous in the Old Testament.
My own feeling is that it does seem the Angel of the Lord and Yahweh share similar traits but at times act differently.Best described as a constant variable !

I found this on Ex.34:14

The Hebrew phrase is:כִּי יְהוָה קַנָּא שְׁמוֹ, אֵל קַנָּא הו " Because Yahweh jealous-es his name, a jealous God is he" or "Because you will not bow down to another god,Yahweh is jealous of his name, he is a jealous god."
The sense is like a wife jealous of her husband spending time with another woman.It should be noted that Septuagint has the plural "other gods" instead of "another god".

Edited by Topper, 22 July 2018 - 10:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users