How Many Seals Of Solomon Can Be Carried On The Person At A Time

81 replies to this topic

#41 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

I haven't heard very nice things about the Facebook Occult Groups.

One way to organize Planetary Groups would be Via The Tree Of Life; Complimentary Sephiroth, and Triads. I have even thought about doing this myself.

Edited by Spida, 08 November 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#42 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostSpida, on 08 November 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

One way to organize Planetary Groups would be Via The Tree Of Life; Complimentary Sephiroth, and Triads. I have even thought about doing this myself.
I was thinking your idea was correct with these things taken from Kabbalah but I have only little knowing of that Tree but I cannot find how 21 seal came from 72 as I think Solomon have.Then if 21x3 even gives 63 still something is wrong.But maybe this can be explain how as again there is confusion!

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#43 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 08 November 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

I was thinking your idea was correct with these things taken from Kabbalah but I have only little knowing of that Tree but I cannot find how 21 seal came from 72 as I think Solomon have.Then if 21x3 even gives 63 still something is wrong.But maybe this can be explain how as again there is confusion!

I assume you asked Violet about it, she knows more about this than I do. So this number 72 is linked to the 72 names of God(and 72 Demons) I presume. I haven't even read all the posts here, but if I have any epiphanies I will come back.

Edited by Spida, 08 November 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#44 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

No I was not asking Violet so I was meaning seals of Solomon having 72 in book I think of the Key.Then I was confused with this 21 pop up here suddenly with talk of planets.

#45 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 08 November 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

From what I understand the '21' is just the result of adding up the 7 Solomonic Seals for a total of 3 Planets. 7 Seals per Planet X 3 Planets = 21. So referencing the TOL and using a Triad as an example it could be: Venus, Mercury, and the Moon, or using complimentary Sephiroth: Jupiter and Mars.

Or maybe it might be better to use planets in the Middle Pillar: Earth, the Moon, the Sun; above that you have the Abyss, Sirius/Sothis, and the Primordial Point.

EDIT: Maybe you could also include Saturn above the Moon, or as it is above the Sun on the TOL(left Pillar). Saturn and the Abyss share the same God Name so there seems to be a strong connection there so maybe it's reasonable to use Saturn directly above the Sun. Extending the grouping of Planets and another 7 Seals.

Apparently Earth doesn't have any Seals, who would have thought.

Edited by Spida, 08 November 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#46 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 08 November 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Please explain 21 if the Solomon has 72 I think also how can 3 planet be in 1?Maybe the facebook people are confused.

72 demons in the lesser key, 7 pentacles for each planet in the planetary sigils in the greater key. Two different books.

Edited by Old Man, 08 November 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#47 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostSpida, on 08 November 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

There are some really bad facebook groups out there. Solomonic - Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires is one of the better, you have users like Stephen skinner, Jake stratton kent, Joseph H Peterson, Frater Ashen Chassan, Aaron leitch and some other scholars frequently posting and the moderation is high.

#48 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostSpida, on 08 November 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Apparently Earth doesn't have any Seals, who would have thought.

The 7 planets in the greater key is saturn, jupiter, mars, sun, venus, mercury, moon.

It's the inner planets:
Posted Image

#49 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostOld Man, on 08 November 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

The 7 planets in the greater key is saturn, jupiter, mars, sun, venus, mercury, moon.

It's the inner planets:
Posted Image
Reminder of how little the early magicians knew about their universe.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#50 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

Here is a contemplation.After all the time and trouble it took to summon these spirits and the promise of enlightenment why was a basic knowledge of the solar system denied them?Either the spirits sold these conjurers short or the spirits themselves were unaware of Gods plan of the Universe.

#51 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 08 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Astronomy is what reminds you of that? Weird. I have no issue with a geocentric, flat earth, seven planetary sphere model. It is patently false, but, for the most part, mirrors the percieved environment. Flat earth is definitely the worst of those beliefs, but doesn't actually change classical astronomy much.

Much worse are the chemical and biological inaccuracies. Autobiogenesis is more regrettable in my opinion.

#52 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Not weird in context.The flat earth theory was debunked by lots of early writers,Aristotle,Pythagoras,Hesiod,Pliny,et al subscribed to a circular Earth and Bede followed by several influential Christian writers effectively consolidated the western belief in a spherical world.

I ask the question above as to why the magicians of the medieval Grimoires relied upon naked eye observation that limited their understanding of the cosmos and why the spirits they conjured did not enlighten them.

#53 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 08 November 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Not weird in context.The flat earth theory was debunked by lots of early writers,Aristotle,Pythagoras,Hesiod,Pliny,et al subscribed to a circular Earth and Bede followed by several influential Christian writers effectively consolidated the western belief in a spherical world.

I ask the question above as to why the magicians of the medieval Grimoires relied upon naked eye observation that limited their understanding of the cosmos and why the spirits they conjured did not enlighten them.

A) The spirits didn't know better.

Or.

B) It was good "enough" of a schema, and other factors were more salient than truth.

Edited by wren, 08 November 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#54 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostOld Man, on 08 November 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

72 demons in the lesser key, 7 pentacles for each planet in the planetary sigils in the greater key. Two different books.
7 Pentacles for the 7 Planets you say so this will be 49.So again something wrong.

#55 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 08 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

7 Pentacles for the 7 Planets you say so this will be 49.So again something wrong.

Some planets don't work well with other planets, so you should only work with a maximum of 3 planets at the same time

Edited by Old Man, 08 November 2017 - 10:43 PM.

#56 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 08 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Magic is not materialism. When we say working with mars or working with venus we are not talking about the actual planet. we are talking about it symbolically. It's a map of our conscious that we put on the world so that we can initiate people into understanding and working with it.
When Muhammad Ali said "fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee." He didn't talk about human transformation into a fucking insect.

#57 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 08 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

There are only 5 Pentacles associated with Venus and Mercury.
The Moon has 6 Pentacles associated with it.
The rest have 7. For a total of 44.

The 72 Demons of the Goetia and their Sigils is different. These Pentacles are meant to represent qualities of their respective Planet. So I don't think there is a correlation.

Edited by Spida, 09 November 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#58 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostOld Man, on 08 November 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Magic is not materialism. When we say working with mars or working with venus we are not talking about the actual planet. we are talking about it symbolically. It's a map of our conscious that we put on the world so that we can initiate people into understanding and working with it.
When Muhammad Ali said "fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee." He didn't talk about human transformation into a fucking insect.
I can do without the filthy language or condescending attitude.Perhaps your time will be better spent actually learning about the background,context and intentions surrounding the texts before shouting your opinions on them.

#59 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostOld Man, on 08 November 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Some planets don't work well with other planets, so you can only work with a maximum of 3 planets at the same time
Who said?New Age rubbish.

#60 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Yes I am thinking this 21 3 72 and other numbers mean something very wrong with understanding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users