* - - - - 1 votes

How Many Seals Of Solomon Can Be Carried On The Person At A Time

81 replies to this topic

#21 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

also, some people say these seals are safe for beginners. I have about a years occult practice under my belt. Is this enough to use the seals?

#22 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

You asked this identical question on September 9 and it was ably answered by 7 or 8 members http://occultcorpus....der-their-belt/

Either you are not bothering to read members replies or you are just wasting our time.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#23 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

no not at all... i just wanted to see... i remember reading those replies but since then things have changed. I asked a person well-versed in kaballah whether it was ok for a beginner to do these things and he said yes! but the thing is it seemed like he was not able to clearly understand what i was asking so thats why i wanted to ask again... violetstar, why would you immediately get angry at such a small thing?

#24 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Firstly I doubt much has changed to affect the replies you were given.I also suggest the person 'well informed in Kabbalh' does not have the foggiest notion of what they are talking about considering the advice they gave you.

So please explain what has changed since you last asked the same question and perhaps we can assess our next replies.If you remember my reply included "But as a rule of thumb,if you have to ask then you are almost certainly not ready to take this on.Its a rule that applies universally in the Occult. "

My view has not changed.

Edited by violetstar, 27 October 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#25 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostSheperdess, on 27 October 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Can I ask,these seals who is giving the power,is this demon,angel or God?

Most of the Seals of Solomon that I am familiar with dealt with the Goetia which basically made them demonic in nature. Yet the catch there is many of the demons are demonized earlier pagan gods & goddesses. So in that light one might debate are they actually demons or demonized pagan gods & goddesses. Not to say all of them were earlier pagan gods & goddesses some were identified as demonic beings from the get go.

In some grimore traditions though there are seals that do pertain to the angelic hosts and could be used to control them as well. Though I vaguely recall an aspect of the Solomon tradition that did use angelic seals they were not summoned and bound to seals in the same manner.

But to be honest all this is from memory so is subject to debate and correction / update.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#26 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

the only thing violetstar maybe is that im not sick anymore... been doing something called magical passes... and this is not the only person whos said it may not be dangerous for newbie to use these seals so long as they dont change anything on the seal... any way different people have different opinions. im going to listen to all of them and then see.
check this out seems legit
https://www.kabbalahinsights.com/en/

Edited by yohannaurora, 27 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#27 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 27 October 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Can I ask,these seals who is giving the power,is this demon,angel or God?

Just sort of an aside comment. But consider this if you will some debate that since the demonic host were originally fallen angels then they are actually part of the angelic host themselves still. It is because they are still part of the angelic host even though they are listed under the Goetia and called the demonic host that they answer to the power of God and can be commanded and controlled via the seals and the power contained through them. As such they still derive their power from God though it is corrupted which is why they are subject to the rules of Gods law and will and imposed by the seals restrictions and Commands.

Granted more to it than that and other's probably can go further into it than that but just something to consider perhaps.

#28 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

This was good answer to me as I think these seal are working by the demons but have limits by God.Also Violet may not agree this is true when before she says how can it be demon if effect is good.If true maybe angels bring in effect like make you good in music or the art.One more problem is why not ask God for the gift not demon?

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#29 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 27 October 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

This was good answer to me as I think these seal are working by the demons but have limits by God.Also Violet may not agree this is true when before she says how can it be demon if effect is good.If true maybe angels bring in effect like make you good in music or the art.One more problem is why not ask God for the gift not demon?

Bolded mine

This part I think actually does stem from influence from Hellene and Latin influence via cultural perspective about daemons. In many instances one prayed to a god / goddess and made offerings and / or libations and a daemon / daimon was dispatched to either grant or punish. That was the early ideal yet as many of the later schools of "Though" came about it came to be believed one could either petition to the divine or call directly upon a daemon / daimon directly through curse schools or similar items. Over time you see more direct demands and appeals to the daemons / daimons and even the restless dead than to the divine.

On a social level if I recall my history correctly this is really hitting around the 1st to 4th century A.D. period which also aligns with the general collapse of the Temple system (roughly by the 4th century) and rise of Christianity. Within the religious system Christianity and Mithraism are about equal in power and influence until about the 4th century as well. So religious wise the divine is somewhat uncertain in many ways yet the daemons / daimons / demons are pretty stable and reachable for everyone still seem's to agree about that.

#30 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

I have found this interesting to me now it seem my practice is like early history with asking Goddess not the demon.Also it seem lots have the Hellene origin in magic.I have the problem with some idea of Goddess when they say this one same only different in language.This has Tanit=Astarte=Ashtoreth=Aphrodite and go on long list but this not true where I have example of how is Tanit same if ritual is different than Ashtoreth or Astarte?Maybe idea of writers.
But maybe now going from topic!

#31 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Not sure we're going off topic to be honest. Well except to the idea of are all gods / goddesses one or all individual.

One of the problems I have is people keep making the seals smaller and smaller and inscribing them that way. Yet some records and accounts suggests the seals were actually rather large when properly constructed and laid out. We're talking feet not inches and the creation process was potentially days on some of them to do it all right and align everything just right. Depending upon which seal was being charged and activated the weight was quite a bit to weld and carry.

Now move that to opening a ritual and charging a spell through a casting with a coven type activity. The circle is fairly large and requires a fair amount of energy and planning to set it all up and actually inscribe the area properly. Yet here again we're seeing examples of ritual practices being reduced to charm size and worn about the neck.

Yet there is something else that some look at. That is both the High / Ceremonial magic vs the Low / Folkish magical system and how they draw their material. In many ways the Ceremonial system is seen as a civilized system and male in practice. It's civilized because of using civilized materials, ie science, math, religion, chemicals, etc. Things that are somewhat controlled by mankind and dominated as it were. Yet the Low / folkish practices are seen as uncivilized and mostly female in practice. Mostly uncivilized due to the fact so much of it is seen as natural in it's material usage, plants, animals, earth, it's also seen as wet and squishy. It also tends to fall into the civilized vs uncivilized categories due to the Ceremonial can take place anytime while many "Craft" practices tend to occur at night which moves it to the uncivilized time.

Now we return to the seals idea. The Solomon Seals can be employed any time and usually charged any time and were civilized in that they were controlling and dominating. But if I am remembering correctly God gave you control over them via the seals so it was Godly to use them. But with restrictions and limitations on how often though that part is vague in memory to be honest. So even though your commanding the demon it is with God's permission so somewhat adhering to the old idea of seeking support and permission through the temple system.

But your also walking in that gray area of is it prayer or is it magic? If you are asking a divinity to do it for you it was basically prayer. If you are commanding a daemon / daimon / demon to do it for you it was basically magic. Yet if you asked a divinity to make a daemon / daimon / demon obey your command which was it then? You call upon the divine to aide in enforcing the other to obey. If the Seals call upon God then some argued it was a prayer as it called upon the force of God's will and power. If it calls upon the threat of God's power but uses the will of the caster then some said it is magic, with deception. Yet realistically no different than a curse that is created that calls upon Hekate to send forth a daemon to punish a person. Not any different than a personal threat and summons that used the threat of Hekate's wrath upon a daemon if it failed to do the caster's bidding.

But we have to return to an historical time frame again to put things in perspective. It's like using Hekate, in ancient Hellas (Greece) she is associated with a number of things, tends to be a young woman. Magic is one aspect but not her primary aspect. But again her main imagery is that of a young woman. Jump forward to Roman times and she pretty well has changed into an old hag and is primarily associated with magic and perhaps the night. Her youthful imagery is all but gone and she is more dreadful than anything. Yet her other image is the three of four headed goddess with animal heads (Horse / Cow / Dog / Lion - on rare occasions a dragon head will replace the Lion head) and associated with ceremonial magics and Philosophy (Chaldean Oracles).

Why is this important because they to will have seals they use to summon daemons / demons to do their bidding. Hekate will control those daemon and dispatch them to either punish or inspire people. The big difference is they will be located on the moon, not in the internal regions of the earth as other chthonic practices will place "Hell".

Like Solomon's seal's they will start out large and over time will become smaller and the rites and rituals for usage will change. But they early divinities are still present in the system. Yet like other systems from the near east parts of the system will be conflated into the Solomon system as "Demons". Part's will be added to it by other schools as they build upon it.

But then where does this tie into the idea of goddess systems. I think in many ways we can trace parts of that to. Probably the easiest is the Cult of Mary within the Catholic church. It's roots seem to go back to the City of Ephesus (Ephesos) in Anatolia (Selkuk in modern Turkey). Starting with the Temple of Artemis (Hellene) which became The Tempe of Diana (Rome) but the story should end there with the rise of Christianity but really doesn't. According to lore and some biblical sources after Jesus was crucified his mother Mary was to eventually end up in Ephesus and a small temple would be constructed to her there. Her burial place would be there and it is actually a sacred site to her as well today. The Cult of Mary originates in Ephesus and many of the titles and names from the old temple will be bestowed upon Mary.

The actual Cult of Mary will exist to about the 5th century before it vanishes or is unrecognized by the church. What the exact rites and such for the cult were I am not sure and have only found limited bits about it. Yet many aspects of it continue today within the church from what I understand. However, all the Mary charms and such have some lineage back to Ephesus and the original imagery of the Temple. In that regard they still function in the order of the Seal of Mary, Queen of Heaven.

#32 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Even the rites have been confused by writers who failed to understand the mysteries,Good example is that the Tanit rite is different to the rituals that embody Tanit worship.She is amongst the most maligned of all Goddesses.

Back on topic another problem with these seals are that they have been altered,bastardised,copied and generally changed so much over the centuries,the originals are now impossible to ascertain.To compound this issue,the seals themselves may have been stylised versions of even earlier models taken from the PGM.

#33 Brennan

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

So I might be incredibly wrong with this as I've been known to be exceptionally skillful at being just that... but I sincerely doubt your life is so full of mayhem and conflict that only adorning yourself with every single fully activated seal would be a sufficient cure.
More than likely - and here is where I could be so ungodly wrong it hurts - you're trying to fill your life with some kind of interesting adventure to break up the tedium that is every day life, and have been attracted to the mystery of the occult. There is not a single damn thing wrong with that.
Let me repeat for the sake of emphasis: there is not a single goddamn thing wrong with that at all.
But! making, activating and using every single solomonic symbol, glyph, seal and doodad or whatever they're called is not the best way to achieve that result.
Like I said, I could be wrong. Very wrong. You might be super legit serious. You might have such challenges in your life that are ungodly unfair and pretty much only something like magick Can help. I don't know. There are hundreds of reasons why, and I don't know any of them except for two. Like I said, I could be very wrong.

But just in case... just in case I'm not..
  • try using the Seal of Mercury to invite someone so dynamically complex into your life, that you cannot help but be swept into the realms of unpredictable adventure.
  • See what happens when you use the Seal of Venus to seduce one of your co-workers, and then the Seal of Pluto to end that ensorcellment.
  • Use the Seal of Jupiter to find success with fundraising to donate to one of your favored causes.
  • See what happens when you use the Seal of Pluto to end boredom.
  • The Seals of Saturn and Mars might help you find some challenges that require you to think quickly on your feet, 'lest you meet some unfortunate consequences.
Do the seals work that way? I have no frikkin' clue! I don't use Solomon's magic, but if you're turning to magick to alleviate a profound ennui, what have you got to lose but boredom? And I'm sure that if my suggestions are just.. profoundly idiotic, one of the other members of this forum might be inclined to point that out. Who knows... :P

Edited by Brennan, 30 October 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#34 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Pluto? What heresy is this? Seven wanderers only cross the face of the firmament.

#35 Brennan

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:22 AM

No? Hmmm....

I mean.. necromancy has its advantages.. right?

#36 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

View PostBrennan, on 30 October 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

No? Hmmm....

I mean.. necromancy has its advantages.. right?

Sure. It's just that Pluto isn't a Classical Planet. Not a classical planet = no Solomonic pentacle.

#37 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

A member of the solomonic facebook group recently ran into problem wearing pentacles from different planets. (these planets were working against each other)
So with that said, if you know what you are doing: you can probably combine 3 planets, each planet has 7 seals, and that gives you a neat answer of 21 seals.

#38 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

View Postyohannaurora, on 27 October 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

also, some people say these seals are safe for beginners. I have about a years occult practice under my belt. Is this enough to use the seals?

It might be enough to start the initiation into the planets, but you have to do that before you start working with the sigils. And you also need to get the right tools and the right knowledge to construct the pentacles.

Are the pentacles safe? Well that depends on who is using them. A power-tool like a bandsaw is safe to use if you know what you are doing. But if you are the kind of person who would stick your finger in the blade just to see what happens, or the kind of person that would try operating one in your bedroom or maybe build one out of subpar material then: Yes. You are going to have a bad day.

#39 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

You will also need to lead a Monastic life.

#40 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostOld Man, on 06 November 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

A member of the solomonic facebook group recently ran into problem wearing pentacles from different planets. (these planets were working against each other)
So with that said, if you know what you are doing: you can probably combine 3 planets, each planet has 7 seals, and that gives you a neat answer of 21 seals.
Please explain 21 if the Solomon has 72 I think also how can 3 planet be in 1?Maybe the facebook people are confused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users