* - - - - 1 votes

How Many Seals Of Solomon Can Be Carried On The Person At A Time

81 replies to this topic

#1 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone! just as the title says, how many seals of solomon maximum can be carried on the person? I mean the planetary seals... Thanks!

#2 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

With a good backpack, you should be well into the 100,000s before weight becomes an issue.

Really though, it depends on how you make seals anything other than "crude matter."

Start with one at a time.

#3 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

I definitely have effects using the charging method i currently use so im assuming all my seals work... so if they all work then can i have as many as i want on me? or do i have to start from one and check... also my tarot says go for it what do you all think?

Edited by yohannaurora, 25 October 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#4 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

If you carry multiple talismans that are having true magical effects for multiple purposes, I think your life is likely to turn toward a hot mess.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#5 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

View Postyohannaurora, on 25 October 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I definitely have effects using the charging method i currently use so im assuming all my seals work... so if they all work then can i have as many as i want on me? or do i have to start from one and check... also my tarot says go for it what do you all think?

My oracle tells me that you will start being overwhelmed at three talismans. Still building a relationship with that one, though. Start with one.

If you need to change a lot of things at once in your life, try sigil shoaling. You have a broader meta-objective that coordinates all the little works. Also, don't forget the elbow grease.

#6 Old Man

Advanced Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

http://www.esoterica.../ksol.htm#intro

#7 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostOld Man, on 25 October 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

That is a good reminder that you will not be able to activate these seals or proceed in the overall undertaking unless you firs prepare yourself as the texts demand.This means in plain English taking vows of celibacy,chastity and purity.The Grimoires themselves state this.

As I have pointed out so many times,these magical texts were written by either Theologians or Monks,who also collected and distributed them to a select and elite audience.They were never intended for the general public and only escaped the confines of Monastic libraries after the Dissolution.

I realise how much people will want it to be otherwise and I have seen the claims of Occultists that they have commanded demons and worked the texts instructions successfully but without a shred of evidence to back those claims.Of course,personal opinion,wishful thinking or outright delusion will inevitably be hoisted in defence of such claims.

This is not a post against magical belief but against the belief one can operate the Grinoires without the required preparation.I will wait for the onslaught of opposition to this but in the meantime the OP can safely carry a whole library of seals around,Nothing will happen.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#8 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

In the States the seals of solomon are often coupled with low magic. The full hullabaloo is skipped over for burning some candles, praying, and waving them through incense smoke. They can basically be viewed as targeted good luck charms, not conjuration devices.

Different strokes for different folks.

#9 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Thats true and within those confines you will probably achieve a better rate of success with the seals.

#10 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image
It's not the flesh I'm after, but the howling ghost within...

#11 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:55 AM

View Postvioletstar, on 25 October 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

This means in plain English taking vows of celibacy,chastity and purity.The Grimoires themselves state this.

This is not a post against magical belief but against the belief one can operate the Grinoires without the required preparation.

It's certainly worthwhile to read the instructions, even though it is apparent at this point that there is no single authoritative set of instructions. Most of the versions of the Key of Solomon do involve some degree of fasting and chastity, but the retreat tends to be far less severe with the Key than one might expect. I would compare it to the kind of preparations one might undergo for surgery, a few days of dietary restriction and rest, withdrawal from things like Facebook and other "idle pastimes."

The basic format of the Key requires nine days altogether, but it's not necessary to work the full procedure in sequence every single time, owing to the fact that you won't be needing to find a new staff or sword, or make a new robe each time. You probably could, but it would be a pain in the rear, and it took me all damn day just to dig up the clay. It's all so much easier if you have an assistant.

One of the options suggested in the Lansdowne text is to embroider the seals on a vestment to wear under your normal attire. This is pretty common in modern Jewish religious attire, especially among Ethiopian Jews who will wear some very ornate undergarments.

I normally take great care to cross all the T's in doing this kind of stuff, but a long time ago I was awoken by some friends who informed me that one of our other friends had been arrested for multiple felonies and an extended police chase. In desperation, they came to the Wizard, and I made the 7th Pentacle of the Sun using a piece of typing paper and a yellow marker. I gave it a simple consecration and blessing, and sent it off to his cell. Three days later he was released, and never saw any legal trouble whatsoever for the things that brought him there. This and similar experiences lead me away from the belief that one needs to do the full monty every time in order to see any appreciable effect.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#12 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

The anecdote about the felon I can relate to as a very similar issue was resolved by using one of Chumbleys Seals or Keys from the Azoetia.However,as Wren observes these devices can basically be viewed as targeted good luck charms, not conjuration devices.

#13 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

well, i have been getting a lot of good luck lately... does everyone here agree that i should start with one seal? for some reason im magnetically attracted to using all the seals at once... what does this mean? to wren: i have already experimented for a few days with 1 or two seals. multiple seals seem much better

Edited by yohannaurora, 26 October 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#14 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 26 October 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

these devices can basically be viewed as targeted good luck charms, not conjuration devices.

That describes the ways I see them most commonly employed. A person will buy one, carry it, and hope it works. At least no rabbits were harmed!

The Key gives a variety of techniques for using the seals. Basically anything that they can be written, engraved, or embroidered upon can be used as a talisman, pending its enchantment. The Mathers designs lend themselves toward round pendants, but most antique charms are made in strange shapes like police badges, triangles, and other irregular forms. Using consecrated ink and paper, they can just as easily be written into the Book of Art as graven into metal and carried around like Mr. T. When one is needed, you unwrap the item or open the book, take out the Magic Wand, and say the Psalm verse or spirit name that goes along with it.

My experience of these talismans suggests that what you get out of it depends on what you put into them. If you give them to someone and then never speak to them again, as with a customer from online, it probably won't be very useful to them; but if you give it to your sister who you care for deeply but only see once every five years, it works "like a charm."

#15 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostImperial Arts, on 26 October 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

That describes the ways I see them most commonly employed. A person will buy one, carry it, and hope it works. At least no rabbits were harmed!

The Key gives a variety of techniques for using the seals. Basically anything that they can be written, engraved, or embroidered upon can be used as a talisman, pending its enchantment. The Mathers designs lend themselves toward round pendants, but most antique charms are made in strange shapes like police badges, triangles, and other irregular forms. Using consecrated ink and paper, they can just as easily be written into the Book of Art as graven into metal and carried around like Mr. T. When one is needed, you unwrap the item or open the book, take out the Magic Wand, and say the Psalm verse or spirit name that goes along with it.

My experience of these talismans suggests that what you get out of it depends on what you put into them. If you give them to someone and then never speak to them again, as with a customer from online, it probably won't be very useful to them; but if you give it to your sister who you care for deeply but only see once every five years, it works "like a charm."
This is very good so can I ask,these seals who is giving the power,is this demon,angel or God?Maybe I do the same but we put on body for short time,activate with the touch of silver sometime the salt if we have that need.Also you say talisman and charm but maybe these are different meaning?

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#16 StrawberriCake

BANNED

• Banned
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostImperial Arts, on 26 October 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

So why use a pentacle of Venus rather than strawberry quartz beads?

Posted Image
Rosier & Strawberri Cake

#17 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostStrawberriCake, on 26 October 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

So why use a pentacle of Venus rather than strawberry quartz beads?

Constructing and enchanting something like Pentacles is a massive operation and carefully regulated. It fills a gap in western culture formed when the medieval Catholic Church decided to vigorously suppress all things Jewish, and so most European occultism adopted Hebrew as the default system for "almost acceptable" theology. The Pentacles represent all sorts of things, containing passages from scripture, astrology, alchemy, and names of spirits, and they are empowered by phrases like "Behold these signs and symbols of your Creator."

There is no reason why you could not enchant other objects for the same purposes, using a completely different format. Unless someone specifically wanted to investigate grimoires for the sake of doing so, or was actually really interested in quasi-Jewish mysticism, making up your own thing is probably a pretty good idea. The value in using Pentacles and all that goes with them is little more than the worth of having a full system already laid-out for practice.

#18 StrawberriCake

BANNED

• Banned
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

View PostImperial Arts, on 26 October 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

There is no reason why you could not enchant other objects for the same purposes, using a completely different format.

I'm so delighted you said that!

Edited by StrawberriCake, 27 October 2017 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image
Rosier & Strawberri Cake

#19 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

View Postyohannaurora, on 26 October 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

well, i have been getting a lot of good luck lately... does everyone here agree that i should start with one seal? for some reason im magnetically attracted to using all the seals at once... what does this mean? to wren: i have already experimented for a few days with 1 or two seals. multiple seals seem much better

If it seems much better, then knock yourself out.

#20 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Can I ask,these seals who is giving the power,is this demon,angel or God?

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users