- - - - -

Is Solomons Seals Safe For Someone Who Has About A Year's Practice Under Their Belt?

19 replies to this topic

#1 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hello I just want to know if I can use solomons seals?

#2 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Just my personal opinion but your heading and the question are two entirely different questions.

Can you sue them? Sure. Any one can pick up a book or go to any of the various sites and learn about them and "use" them. But I add the disclaimer that doesn't mean you'll learn them correctly or learn to use them properly or efficiently.

Are they safe for someone with a Years Practice? That is a different question. From my personal perspective some probably are, some are not. But it also depends upon what you learn and how you use them. With only a year's experience I'd personally think your "Core" knowledge would be greatly lacking which would both hinder and make it dangerous. But that is my personal perspective so others may disagree.

But as I also implied some you probably could some you probably could not.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#3 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

No. If you were ready, you wouldn't need to ask if you were ready; you'd have tried it and seen.

#4 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

View Postwren, on 09 September 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

No. If you were ready, you wouldn't need to ask if you were ready; you'd have tried it and seen.

Definitely concur with that!

#5 yohannaurora

• Old Timers
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

I have used them and I already know how to charge them effectively. .. I just have paranoia that's why it feels like I may not be able to do it. And I made a mistake, I have at least around six years of sporadic practice... I know a lot I really feel like I can do it.. what are the dangers that could arise if I was unprepared? Even my divination seems to be assuring me that I can do it... what do I do? The deal I'm using has el shaddai on it and it seems like that would be a safe option.. an I right?

#6 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

Paranoia and magic make an incendiary mixture.

Ignoring your divination is a slap to the face of the powers behind it.

Telling you the worst thing that could happen would only be feeding your paranoia. That would only be detrimental.

99% of this stuff is "in the magician" not "in the magic." Without your head screwed on right, you can "burn your fingers" with floofy-fluffy bunny stuff.

#7 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Hold it now. I get accused of not being nice or caring but how the heck do you make a mistake in the introduction of saying about a years practice under their belt to revamping it to about 6 years sporadic practice? That's not a mistake that's a significant change or misdirecting of ones supposed knowledge and skill foundation. Going basically from blind novice who we're supposed to act kindly towards and somewhat forgiving towards to a semi-skilled practitioner who should know better and have a higher knowledge factor simply by exposure time and implied experience. At worse it now seem's, to me anyway, your trying to say or imply after about 6 years of exposure and / or practice you have about a year's worth of actual experience. Just what actual experience is I (we) are left to decide for ourselves based upon your writings and word usage.

That is out and out deception to be honest. No and's, if's or but's about it.

Have to agree with Wren again. Paranoia and magic make an incendiary mixture. Self-deception, indecision, deceit, doubt with paranoia makes an explosive and self destructive mixture.

#8 Octarine Prince

• Old Timers
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

"You are not worthy of the seals yet."--Octarine Prince 0:00

#9 dogstar

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey,US

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

View Postwren, on 11 September 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

Telling you the worst thing that could happen would only be feeding your paranoia. That would only be detrimental.

99% of this stuff is "in the magician" not "in the magic." Without your head screwed on right, you can "burn your fingers" with floofy-fluffy bunny stuff.

floofy-fluffy bunny stuff. that has such an interesting feeling as spoken.

#10 violetstar

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

View Postyohannaurora, on 09 September 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hello I just want to know if I can use solomons seals?
Do you mean Solomons Seal or Seals of Solomon.I presume you refer to the Goetic seals.Your first problem will be finding which ones you feel suited to as there are scores of variations.For example those shown in the Canterbury MSS are attributed to Solomon yet are different to those of the Clavicula Salomonis Regis.

A full and detailed discussion of the evolution and development of such seals can be found in Stephen Skinners PhD thesis 2014 where he argues their origins in PGM and specifically the Hygromanteia.

But as a rule of thumb,if you have to ask then you are almost certainly not ready to take this on.Its a rule that applies universally in the Occult.

Edited by violetstar, 14 September 2017 - 05:11 PM.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#11 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

I think there is some merit in telling the worst that might happen as it may help make the decision to do it or not.If the worst puts you off you better not.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#12 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

I don't believe in Demons. Maybe I should.

#13 violetstar

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostSpida, on 17 September 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Unless you are intending to restructure your entire belief system I do not think it necessary.

#14 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

View Postvioletstar, on 17 September 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Unless you are intending to restructure your entire belief system I do not think it necessary.

It would be difficult to restructure my belief system since it would need to conform with scientific facts and theory.

#15 violetstar

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Scientific fact does not always mix well within Occulture.

#16 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostSheperdess, on 16 September 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

I think there is some merit in telling the worst that might happen as it may help make the decision to do it or not.If the worst puts you off you better not.

You aggravate underlying propensities towards mental illnesses, and those result in suicide and/or becoming a public menace. That's the worst that could happen. Is it likely? Hell no.

#17 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

I dont understand this.I mean to say that the merit is in deciding if the way is right.If doubts then not for that person,Better to be warned than get a shock later.

#18 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

I was answering the question, not criticizing your position. Aggravating underlying weaknesses to certain states of psychic malfunction is the greatest danger when doing any magic, barring physical harms like infection, injury, or exposure to toxic substances. At least it is from a materialistic viewpoint.

#19 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Thank you.If the person is ill with mental problem may be good to check with experience person before practice.

#20 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostSpida, on 17 September 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

You can believe in what's called 'the psychological model' in which demons are the evil within our own minds. I remember being taught that one at school. But my later experiences led me to believe it's in our microcosm rather than in our mind. Spida, as you're a Kabbalist don't you believe in Lilith, who is written about in the Zohar? That would be the Lilith in your own microcosm and also the Lilith in the wider cosmos, the macrocosm. Two different Liliths and at the same time both are one and the same.

Regarding the use of Solomons's seals in general, nowadays there are a lot of books about quick and easy ways of using them. For example, mentioned constantly at the other place on the internet where I hang around now, Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield. However, this wasn't always the case in the past- I used to know demons by their names and reputations but didn't know anything at all about their seals, and it is very possible to get entangled with them just from working with their name and reputation.
My blog has occult mini-stories and poems and links to longer fiction works: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users