- - - - -

Rebirth?

6 replies to this topic

#1 RavenCaller63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

I have read a few articles, different books that mention a form of a physical rebirth during the early time of your journey. Has anyone experienced this?

#2 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

If I were a betting man, I'd say they meant that you still reincarnate for a while before being able to shirk the bonds of samsara for a while. That, or they were talking about spiritual rebirth and/or ritual initiations in the manner of death and rebirth.

As for my take on what happens when we die? I don't know. I swing from radical atheism to animism depending on my mood. I've "remembered" an obviously fictional past life while exploring hypnotic regression, so I know that's a thing. Doesn't mean that real past life memories don't exist, but I don't have any.

There are quite a few experiences like "being born again" outside of Christianity. They can be moving, as can those death and rebirth initiations.

Something like "shaman sickness"-lite is pretty normal. Full blown recovery from cancer isn't so normal.

Also, one of the easier alchemical preparations is said to drastically rejuvenate the system, but most people don't really explore laboratory alchemy.

#3 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

I'm not sure how your defining "Rebirth" but it's been my experience that unless you've started out in a familial group based in the occult or folkish / pagan mindset you will go through a cascading series of "rebirthing" situations. Again, in my experience, usually the first one is how you look at things and observe the world about you. Going into the Occult world or pagan world view is already a different world view than what most people are raised under. That alone is a significant "rebirth" in the process.

Once you start to change the mind the body will follow. What that change might be is harder to define for it can be subtle or it can be drastic and in your face. It might be as simple as a change to your diet to a change to diet, exercise, dress, mannerisms, vocabulary, or any combination of those. But a change it will be in some capacity.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#4 RavenCaller63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Thanks guys!

#5 Monkey Sage

Piscean

• Moderators
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

I couldn't say what a physical rebirth might entail, exactly, as I haven't heard of such a thing before. If you'd permit me to speculate wildly ... I suspect it may be the sort of physical transformation a person goes through when they make a big change in their life. Our outward appearance often changes - be it our mannerisms, the way we stand, how we conduct ourselves, or even how we dress and style ourselves. It could mean we have more energy, maybe it means we have a more tranquil nature. In a way, our physicality reflects or alludes to the internal changes we are making. I know I have much better posture these days, ha ha!

Posted Image

#6 RavenCaller63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

"In a way, our physicality reflects or alludes to the internal changes we are making. I know I have much better posture these days, ha ha!"

I love that! I think part of what I've been feeling is due to my lack of grounding and centering. A thought takes hold and I rush ahead without the proper preparations. I've been having issues like palpitations and fatigue. (Did get a check up, all tests normal.) Had someone far more experienced than myself tell me also that this is the time that will either "make or break" me as I will have to decide to push through this period or just sit back and be content to read about what could be.

#7 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

"a form of a physical rebirth during the early time of your journey"

That does seem a bit ambiguous, however what does come to mind in this regard is that my eyesight has improved over the past couple years, and quite dramatically recently to the point that I don't wear glasses anymore except for driving in case I get pulled over since I am restricted to wearing corrective lenses. I should take the time to aquire a weaker prescription, or retake the eye exam.

Edited by Spida, 23 August 2017 - 01:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users