astral magic consecration activating talisman sigils idols

11 replies to this topic

#1 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Using information gained through academic translation and analysis of medieval magical MSS I intend to give a brief overview of the actual techniques used within the Monasteries.

As I have shown earlier,texts like the ars notoria and Liber Praestigiorum were specifically aimed at the Ecclesiastic communities,high ranking members of society and even Royalty.Among the reasons these texts were not available to the public were that they formed part of prestigious collections that impressed the learned and few were able to read the Latin in which the texts were written.

Though the majority of these Grimoires called for rigid devotion and dedication to(usually)the Christian God confined to the dogma and tenets of Catholicism,I see no reason why the original praxis cannot be adapted to the needs of the modern practitioner.

I hope my brief instructions fall under Egil Asprem's dictum of "Academics as co-authors of Occulture" when I post the overview in the Members Section shortly.*

* Depending on perceived level of interest in practical magic rather than just theory.

Edited by violetstar, 09 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#2 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Waiting for permission to reproduce illustration.

#3 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Fingers crossed; I'm looking forward to reading it.

#4 Bara Mortath

• Old Timers
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Likewise, that sounds fascinating.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons even death may die."

#5 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

Yes it does sound fascinatng. I have been ignoring the first division of Astral Magic for the most part, paying attention to Days only occasionally. It's a matter of convenience I suppose. Although I have had some profound Mystical experiences and had wondered if an Astrological factor was at play. So with a little dedication it does seem worthwhile if the effect were to augment the Practical experience.

I have been wanting to put more emphasis on this aspect of the Occult. So I may give this a shot. As for the second division of Astral Magic I would be interested in a Planetary Talisman.

Edited by Spida, 23 August 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#6 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

My idea is to dispense with the Astrological charts,times best to propitiate Angels or gods in order to simplify the entire process.The times can still be utilised if it is felt necessary to provide connection to a singular Angel.

The whole is an exact reconstruction of how the Monks used Astral or Image Magic in medieval times minus the intense devotion and worship.Kinda plug n' play rather than devout study of an instruction manual.More practical hands-on than theory.

Overall.how to charge/activate the Talisman(Image) and how to 'Skry' the spirit into some form of visible appearance using the methods shown in the Liber series of MSS.

#7 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

I do have respect for the asceticism, astrological factors, and will commit to certain aspects at various times. But reproducing the practices of those Monks to the letter would make lots not want to bother at all. So it's a great idea. Plus I would question whether everything they did was absolutely necessary to achieve practical results, probably not. And in my case definitely not, but as far as degree of success it could be a limiting factor.

Of course I am slowly heading in that direction, but most likely will never arrive at a praxis involving that degree of discipline. My living conditions just won't allow it.

Edited by Spida, 24 August 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#8 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

You are right.Taken to the Monks letter so to speak is for 99.99% of us impractical today.One element is the Confession that is a pre-requisite to obtain purity.I am wondering if confessing in public is the same as in private to God.Also,what I am confessing might not be wrong,I just think it is.

Just in case,I went to a bit of a party a while back and ok.yeah I kissed a girl in the kitchen.

I am still working on this(the Astral Magic not the kiss) to avoid intense devotion while retaining some discipline.Should be ok but as I am not a Ceremonial Magician I will hope someone actually tests my theory by putting it into practice.

#9 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

View Postvioletstar, on 27 August 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

You are right.Taken to the Monks letter so to speak is for 99.99% of us impractical today.One element is the Confession that is a pre-requisite to obtain purity.I am wondering if confessing in public is the same as in private to God.Also,what I am confessing might not be wrong,I just think it is.

Just in case,I went to a bit of a party a while back and ok.yeah I kissed a girl in the kitchen.

I am still working on this(the Astral Magic not the kiss) to avoid intense devotion while retaining some discipline.Should be ok but as I am not a Ceremonial Magician I will hope someone actually tests my theory by putting it into practice.

It depends on who you ask. If you ask me I would say confession in private is fine, but honestly I don't believe God itself will hear your confession; the intermediaries are capable of this however, and that may be of some benefit.

One quick method(when applicable) I would use to determine if something is wrong is that if it is something I would not want done to myself than it is most likely wrong, otherwise it is okay.

Sure Violet, I would love to test your theory. The skrying part sounds interesting and different.

Edited by Spida, 30 August 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#10 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostSpida, on 30 August 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

It depends on who you ask. If you ask me I would say confession in private is fine, but honestly I don't believe God itself will hear your confession; the intermediaries are capable of this however, and that may be of some benefit.

One quick method(when applicable) I would use to determine if something is wrong is that if it is something I would not want done to myself than it is most likely wrong, otherwise it is okay.

Sure Violet, I would love to test your theory. The skrying part sounds interesting and different.

I thought you were joking, Violet. It's Confession With a Capital C. I.e., when you go into a closet with a priest, tell him your sins and he tells you how many Patre Nostres or Hail Marys you have to pray to be forgiven. It's about being ritually and socially "pure." It is "the sacrament of reconcilliation."

I'm sure you can think of a non-Catholic way of affirming your being in conformity with your given socio-religious mores.

#11 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:31 AM

View Postwren, on 30 August 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

I thought you were joking, Violet.

That was insensitive. Sorry. I just literally thought you were making a Katy Perry joke given the monastic and confessional context.

#12 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

I was joking about the confession but not the Confession.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users