Astral Magic:how To Ritually Construct+Activate Sigils+Amulets

astral magic consecration activating talisman sigils idols

5 replies to this topic

#1 violetstar

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Using information gained through academic translation and analysis of medieval magical MSS I intend to give a brief overview of the actual techniques used within the Monasteries.

As I have shown earlier,texts like the ars notoria and Liber Praestigiorum were specifically aimed at the Ecclesiastic communities,high ranking members of society and even Royalty.Among the reasons these texts were not available to the public were that they formed part of prestigious collections that impressed the learned and few were able to read the Latin in which the texts were written.

Though the majority of these Grimoires called for rigid devotion and dedication to(usually)the Christian God confined to the dogma and tenets of Catholicism,I see no reason why the original praxis cannot be adapted to the needs of the modern practitioner.

I hope my brief instructions fall under Egil Asprem's dictum of "Academics as co-authors of Occulture" when I post the overview in the Members Section shortly.*

* Depending on perceived level of interest in practical magic rather than just theory.

Edited by violetstar, 09 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

Nothing is more learned than Silence

#2 violetstar

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Waiting for permission to reproduce illustration.

#3 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Fingers crossed; I'm looking forward to reading it.

#4 Bara Mortath

• Old Timers
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Likewise, that sounds fascinating.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons even death may die."

#5 Spida

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Yes it does sound fascinatng. I have been ignoring the first division of Astral Magic for the most part, paying attention to Days only occasionally. It's a matter of convenience I suppose. Although I have had some profound Mystical experiences and had wondered if an Astrological factor was at play. So with a little dedication it does seem worthwhile if the effect were to augment the Practical experience.

I have been wanting to put more emphasis on this aspect of the Occult. So I may give this a shot. As for the second division of Astral Magic I would be interested in a Planetary Talisman.

Edited by Spida, Yesterday, 01:00 PM.

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. - Nicola Tesla

#6 violetstar

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 PM

My idea is to dispense with the Astrological charts,times best to propitiate Angels or gods in order to simplify the entire process.The times can still be utilised if it is felt necessary to provide connection to a singular Angel.

The whole is an exact reconstruction of how the Monks used Astral or Image Magic in medieval times minus the intense devotion and worship.Kinda plug n' play rather than devout study of an instruction manual.More practical hands-on than theory.

Overall.how to charge/activate the Talisman(Image) and how to 'Skry' the spirit into some form of visible appearance using the methods shown in the Liber series of MSS.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users