- - - - -

Magician: Luck Hacker

28 replies to this topic

#1 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Isn't that what most of us are doing? Hijacking the threads of destiny( or trying to) for our own personal interests? How has that been working out? Why bother?
It's not the flesh I'm after, but the howling ghost within...

#2 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

You can see it that way but the magician realises 'destiny' can be diverted to ones advantage,Thats why we bother.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#3 dogstar

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey,US

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

View PostLazarus Benedict, on 16 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Isn't that what most of us are doing? Hijacking the threads of destiny( or trying to) for our own personal interests? How has that been working out? Why bother?

Not sure what you are asking here. Could you be more precise in your meaning.

Also is this something of a complaint that your efforts have not gone as expected?

Edited by dogstar, 17 June 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#4 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

@Lazarus Benedict

Anything helpful here?

#5 dogstar

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey,US

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

My thought here is,if you find yourself unsure of the nature of the path you seek,perhaps you should rethink your entrance into the valley of the shadow.

#6 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 17 June 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

@Lazarus Benedict

Anything helpful here?

Yes. Very much. I'm thinking about all you guys wrote. Hence my delay in responding.
It's not the flesh I'm after, but the howling ghost within...

#7 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

In regards to the O.P.,
You know, the whole idea that if we just float along everything will be cool is in stark contrast to anything I have seen or experienced. Does fate or destiny seem that kind and wise to anyone here?

Important qualifier- there ARE things that seem to be bigger and almost pre-destined- but only some things. Surely there are currents and threads that run through our lives that seem to guide us and teach us and put us on a certain path.

But, life in general, can really be a bitch. That said, to me we have to be proactive. That involves making changes and goals and moving the pieces on the playing board by action and determination. The magical aspect is another way to aid in these efforts.

In my experience if you(general use) are passive, it's only a matter of time before life takes a giant crap on you. Sometimes that is going to happen anyway- no matter what you do. But, I lock my doors and wear my seatbelt, personally.

Edited by Oroboros, 17 June 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#8 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

View Postdogstar, on 17 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

My thought here is,if you find yourself unsure of the nature of the path you seek,perhaps you should rethink your entrance into the valley of the shadow.

I second this. This path (occult practices in general) is not for everyone. While I do think a person needs to "take the reigns" in life. There is more than one way to do that.

#9 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

View PostOroboros, on 17 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I second this. This path (occult practices in general) is not for everyone. While I do think a person needs to "take the reigns" in life. There is more than one way to do that.
Must bear in mind some derive benefit from being involved.Its an outlet where sometimes there might not be one.However,I totally agree that Occult matters are best avoided for those who have lingering doubts.

#10 Solanaceae

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

So you can sit back and let 'destiny' lead you, even if it is into a volcano, or you can make your own way.
I guess magick users are control freaks. :)

#11 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

View PostSolanaceae, on 17 June 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

So you can sit back and let 'destiny' lead you, even if it is into a volcano, or you can make your own way.

Absolutely guilty here. Ask my family- lol.

Not trying to control others so much as outcomes. Anything that is being planned my brain automatically starts listing all foreseeable outcomes of every action, and I plan accordingly. Neurosis, maybe a little. :) (Edited to add: I'm talking mundane, not use of magic here.)
Although, and this kind of speaks to the topic. When I plan something, as opposed to my husband-who is a total fly by the seat of your pants type- things go much more smoothly.

Edited by Oroboros, 17 June 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#12 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostLazarus Benedict, on 16 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

I think for my self I use magic but sparingly to influence things.

The reason I say sparingly is that to me magic is a far influencing force and it's influence goes far beyond your immediate usage. The negative aspect I think it has become a first resource without much though about it. First if your constantly messing with the river it soon turns so murky that you no longer know just what is actually moving about you. So your magical influence is more destructive than creative. People like to presume they control the range and duration but forget they no more control it than they control the ripples from the stone tossed into the lake and how they spread out. So the more stones tossed in the more ripples, the actions affecting / effecting the currents and distorting things. Doesn't much matter whether it was a grain of sand or a boulder they tossed in if they are tossing in hundreds.

The second negative is people don't like to really think about if but they are not the only ones influencing the river about them. There is the inclusion of fate itself, the presence of other people going for the same goals as the practitioner from a positive influence and yes from a negative influence against them.

To be honest it makes me smile when I see people asking for support and energy for some project. Then all the people who jump on the bandwagon and say they will support and add their energy and focus to the project. Never really stopping to consider the cluster that it's creating due to no focused point or idea behind it. Like hundreds or thousands calling an old switchboard operator and saying connect me but not really knowing how or what they are trying to be switched or connected to. So you have an energy bomb basically converging at some area, usually in opposition to all of its parts creating more havoc than creative force. Beautiful electrical storm's but not much else.

Though I suppose people might like the visual of rush hour traffic as two or more major highways try to merge. Backups, start and go's crashes, collisions, fender benders as all that energy is basically directed yet unfocused towards a common goal but not really coordinated.

I personally think magic can influence things but it doesn't change one's luck persay. Yet magic in and of itself alone isn't going to do it by itself either. Magic can't bring you what isn't there to bring. Inversely magic doesn't mean what is brought to you will be brought from where you wanted it to come from. Seen some who wanted a better job, they got one, they were fired from the job they had. They in fact got all they asked for. Saw one person wanted more money, got it, his favorite relative died and he inherited from their estate. In the end he would has rather they were alive. Saw another wanted to change where they lived, guess prison counted as they did in fact change where they lived for quite some time.

But then when you've muddied the waters to such a degree that you can't see, even when you use divination it doesn't much matter I suppose.

But Luck Hacker, not so much so. But then maybe so if your (collective) tossing spells for everything and nothing like changing the color of your eyes.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#13 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostSolanaceae, on 17 June 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Truthfully most of the ones I know aren't control freaks they're what 'if freaks. They don't use magic to control the scenario they use what if's to plan for every possible situation. Mundane resolutions planned in advance that are proactive vice magical responses that are reactive to poor planning. Even spell work is well though out and designed that way with a great majority of them then dropped because the spell not needed as the goal achieved without it. That or it a spell is needed it's much different than they initially projected.

#14 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

But Luck Hacker, not so much so. But then maybe so if your (collective) tossing spells for everything and nothing like changing the color of your eyes.

​Monsno- have you been watching "The Craft" again? :P

#15 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostOroboros, on 17 June 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

​Monsno- have you been watching "The Craft" again? :P

Forgot that was in that movie. But no, just recall that used to be a request all the time on the forums. Need a spell to change the color of my eyes! Used to be a sure sign of a Ravenfluffy at one time.

#16 Solanaceae

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

Lol! Ravenfluffy, I like that!
Those people who asked for a spell to change their eye color surely had been watching 'The Craft'.

#17 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

Ravens everywhere are deeply offended by the association. Posted Image

Okay, I'll stop now. ;)

#18 Solanaceae

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

Rofl!
Oh my dear Oroboros, is someones alter ego offended by the association?

Dear friend, I am truly sorry about that one, I just could not help myself you understand?

#19 Oroboros

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

View PostSolanaceae, on 17 June 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

Rofl!
Oh my dear Oroboros, is someones alter ego offended by the association?

Dear friend, I am truly sorry about that one, I just could not help myself you understand?

LMAO, I understand very well. Your time will come, your time will come. :D

#20 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

View PostOroboros, on 17 June 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ravens everywhere are deeply offended by the association. Posted Image

Okay, I'll stop now. ;)

Nah, that was a reference to Silver Ravenwolf and usually her initial book To Ride A Silver Broom Stick or later Teen Witch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users