All Advice Is Hidden In A Form Of Vice. If Man Stays True To His Vice, His Very Vice Would Remain His True Advice.
Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:37 AM
Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:35 PM
It's interesting how this word "advice" is used as something that is usually meant as something "good" that is given to someone.
When you break it down however, you get a different meaning:
Ad: Latin prefix meaning towards.
Vice: from the Latin vitium(faulty, defective)
So by definition, all advice is bad advice. Or perhaps it could be looked at as making another privy to your faults. For whatever reason.
I just noticed the discrepancy, which was the reason for this; now I think of "Good Advice" as an oxymoron.
Edited by Spida, 14 May 2017 - 12:52 PM.
Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:56 PM
Edited by violetstar, 14 May 2017 - 08:16 PM.
Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:27 AM
Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:16 AM
Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:25 AM
Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:24 PM
Thou dost have secret? Incognito a sinister need?
Inner desires hiding by surface. Listen to thy Spirit bleed.
Time shattering silence. Desires not heed.
What nature of Butterfly art thou be?
A Vice-roy indeed!
Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:13 PM
Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:05 AM
Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:51 AM
To be silent but brave in battle:
It befits a man to be merry and glad
Until the day of his death.
The coward believes he will live forever
If he holds back in the battle,
But in old age he shall have no peace
Though spears have spared his limbs."
From The Poetic Edda - Nordic Oral Tradition - Circa 6th century
I suppose a Son of a Prince can be said to be a Viceroy.
Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:28 AM
In a context outside of this thread:
Silence by Evil Witch, passing as Nun.
Maddened Practitioner glorifying the Sun.
Nuns sometimes take a vow of silence, so it also fits here nicely.
Beware the Witch, as alluded in a song.
Caveats of a Dangerous woman, it can all go wrong.
Could have gone all day without such thoughts.
Or many times as long.
What doesn't kill you, makes you more strong!
Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:03 PM
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on then alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To receive, obey, and pass on the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only.
7. To talk to no one except in line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:41 PM
Sleep with one eye open, and watch your back.
Trust no one, she is a master to deceive.
I wish not to see your widow grieve.
In our presence is a true and learned Witch
Her powers of enchantment can be a bitch.
Not so fast on the kill, her appearance is sweet.
And I really do prefer fresh meat!
Don't blame me! It's the White Rabbit. He wanted in!
Edited by Spida, 18 May 2017 - 04:34 AM.
Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:05 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users