- - - - -

Redoing A Ritual In A Dream

20 replies to this topic

#1 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

I've been using the Necronomicon Spellbook lately. This morning at around 3 AM, I performed the spell of Ziku for money and went back to bed. I had a lucid dream where I was in a room and decided to do the spell again. I traced Ziku's sigil in the air, while chanting his word of power. The sigil became flaming bright red. Just at the moment, an alarm I had on me went off, and understood I it meant that I had made contact.

Has anybody else ever redone a ritual in their dreams after doing it in a waking state?

It's not the flesh I'm after, but the howling ghost within...

#2 Spida

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

Yeah I think you figured that right. You made contact.

I once had a smoke detector go off at 5:55 am for no reason, and after that I saw 555 all day. On license plates, the time, Signs, Money(Bills and change)and trivial things like yahtzee scorecards. It was everywhere.

Edited by Spida, 12 April 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#3 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

View PostLazarus Benedict, on 12 April 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

Has anybody else ever redone a ritual in their dreams after doing it in a waking state?

I have experienced performing rituals in dreams many times. I would imagine that so have many of the people here who have a regular practice.

#4 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

While I don't do ceremonial / High magical type spells much anymore I do find I frequently repeat many rituals / spell workings in my dreams. Though if I am honest with myself and truly compare them more often than not they are not exact duplicates but the dreams often reveal minor differences to what I actually did during the waking action. Small gestures, tonal variations of how words were pronounced. Other times significant differences that are so obvious and in your face it's almost like a teacher has graded you and you've failed even though there maybe a sense of success on my part and some minor result from my attempt in the physical.

It's like as a comparison the op states the sigil turned flaming red but what color did the OP imagine the sigil to be during the casting? Did the op even imagine the sigil as assuming a color? By turning red in the dream the spell was fine tuned and a correction added. What other enhancements or corrects might have been added type things. Only the OP can answer of course but that was just what I started to notice if I was being honest with myself and truly looking at the two and comparing things.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#5 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:09 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 12 April 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

While I don't do ceremonial / High magical type spells much anymore I do find I frequently repeat many rituals / spell workings in my dreams. Though if I am honest with myself and truly compare them more often than not they are not exact duplicates but the dreams often reveal minor differences to what I actually did during the waking action. Small gestures, tonal variations of how words were pronounced. Other times significant differences that are so obvious and in your face it's almost like a teacher has graded you and you've failed even though there maybe a sense of success on my part and some minor result from my attempt in the physical.

It's like as a comparison the op states the sigil turned flaming red but what color did the OP imagine the sigil to be during the casting? Did the op even imagine the sigil as assuming a color? By turning red in the dream the spell was fine tuned and a correction added. What other enhancements or corrects might have been added type things. Only the OP can answer of course but that was just what I started to notice if I was being honest with myself and truly looking at the two and comparing things.

but what color did the OP imagine the sigil to be during the casting? Did the op even imagine the sigil as assuming a color?

I did the ritual as the book indicated. Which was basically gazing at the sigil. No color except the black I drew it in.

Like the idea of dream corrections. I often get those. Dream teachings that is. Every recipe is open to interpretation I guess...

#6 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Just an aside note but the way I was taught no book taught the full "Truth". In fact most often you had to read multiple books as things were spread out over multiple books to get the full picture and you sort of had to put it all together. Using a Wiccan concept it was one way the idea of Inner court and Outer court teachings were hidden in plain sight yet the initiated could read between the lines. If you were not initiated you didn't know the difference and only got the one side. You just had to known the correct companion books to each series. No, the companion book was not always an occult book either.

So sometimes the dream corrections can be whatever entity you were calling upon putting it right for you or your own mind putting the parts in order for you. Sounds strange I suppose but I used to hear people say they read a passage and the words felt right but the vibration felt wrong then they'd dream it and then both would feel right with whatever change occurred. then they'd notate the change in their journal or the book itself so they didn't forget it.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 14 April 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#7 violetstar

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:35 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 14 April 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Just an aside note but the way I was taught no book taught the full "Truth". In fact most often you had to read multiple books as things were spread out over multiple books to get the full picture and you sort of had to put it all together. Using a Wiccan concept it was one way the idea of Inner court and Outer court teachings were hidden in plain sight yet the initiated could read between the lines. If you were not initiated you didn't know the difference and only got the one side. You just had to known the correct companion books to each series. No, the companion book was not always an occult book either.
The founder of Traditional Witchcraft Robert Cochrane took his oak ash and thorn from Rudyard Kipling .
Nothing is more learned than Silence

#8 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 19 April 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

The founder of Traditional Witchcraft Robert Cochrane took his oak ash and thorn from Rudyard Kipling .

That makes sense if I recall correctly the idea of an Oak King and Holly King comes from a Children's / Folk Tale as well. The idea of the Greenman in the foliage almost always shows the Oak Face though there is a corresponding Holly Face though you don't see that one in artist expression nearly at all. Ironically the Shelia-Na-Gig is often found in the same vicinity yet they are not nearly as well represented in lore or artistic expression as the Greenman.

#9 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 14 April 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

So sometimes the dream corrections can be whatever entity you were calling upon putting it right for you or your own mind putting the parts in order for you. Sounds strange I suppose but I used to hear people say they read a passage and the words felt right but the vibration felt wrong then they'd dream it and then both would feel right with whatever change occurred. then they'd notate the change in their journal or the book itself so they didn't forget it.

I redid the ritual of Ziku with the dream "corrections" I received. I performed the ritual this morning between Midnight and 1 A.M. While reciting the ritual I drew out it's sigil in flaming, bright red as I had seen in a former dream. I began to sense a tingling sensation on the top of my head and between my eyes. It was odd but not harmful.

I finished up the ritual and went back to bed. It took me an hour or two to fall asleep, yet when I did I had a lucid dream where I was in my apartment, still in my bed when I suddenly decided to redo the ritual, again. It was then that a huge crow flew into my apartment. It didn't stay long inside because the door flew open and a dark figure was at the door. The crow flew out the door and I immediately jumped out of bed and went towards the entity who suddenly disappeared. I could have sworn that it laughed as it left, not mockingly though. More like a "catch me if you can" type of laugh.

Anyways, I had a series of weird dreams, one about me speaking in Spanish (I don't speak the language in waking life) about coming back to brujeria (had to look up that word), another one with a Sumerian tone which I have no idea what to think of.

Yet, that's not the weirdest thing. After waking up and feeling a bit odd, probably because of the dream, I eventually left to go to the laundromat. On my way there, a huge crow landed on the ground nearby while I was passing by the local High School. For some weird reason, I decided to chant Ziku's name. The crow cawed excitedly three times. I chanted a second time. It cawed more intensely. I chanted a third time, it cawed louder. I laughed because it was a really weird situation. I kept on walking, the crow fell silent and flew away. Later, while vacuuming under my bed, I found a small crow figurine. It was part of a pair of crows I once owned. One in flight, the other perched. I thought I had lost it. Last time I vacuumed there was nothing under the bed.

So yeah, I really don't how to interpret all this. It's just getting really weird...

Edited by Lazarus Benedict, 23 April 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#10 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

If it were me I'd say your dreams seem to be saying your using the wrong magic. Figure a brujeria is a Mexican witch and a form of HooDoo as well. Though I've also seen it cross referenced with parts of Santeria and Voudon. The crow ties into the HooDoo slant which to some might also tie into the vanishing dark figure. There is some connection to Brujo which is a Mexican form of Shamanism and has some crossover with Brujeria but not to overly familiar with it. Hispanic sounds like Spanish but there are variations within the language that separates it from traditional Castilian Spanish which you find in Spain.

I know money spells are rather common in HooDoo and red is a powerful color though I believe it is also associated with death but don't quote me on that one. But it seem's, to me anyway, that maybe the spell your doing is coming from somewhere else and was borrowed and modified. What your getting is how it should have been done within the proper elements for the spell originally.

#11 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 23 April 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

If it were me I'd say your dreams seem to be saying your using the wrong magic. Figure a brujeria is a Mexican witch and a form of HooDoo as well. Though I've also seen it cross referenced with parts of Santeria and Voudon. The crow ties into the HooDoo slant which to some might also tie into the vanishing dark figure. There is some connection to Brujo which is a Mexican form of Shamanism and has some crossover with Brujeria but not to overly familiar with it. Hispanic sounds like Spanish but there are variations within the language that separates it from traditional Castilian Spanish which you find in Spain.

I know money spells are rather common in HooDoo and red is a powerful color though I believe it is also associated with death but don't quote me on that one. But it seem's, to me anyway, that maybe the spell your doing is coming from somewhere else and was borrowed and modified. What your getting is how it should have been done within the proper elements for the spell originally.

This may sound crazy: To be honest, I began experimenting with the Simon Necronomicon after having what I call a "Half-State" experience. (Half-dreaming/half awake). In this experience an entity who I'd describe as a "Man In Black" or "Black Man"(Black not as in a human of African heritage but a "Black" human/entity, like the depths of space) appeared at the end of my bed and said it would be in my interest to read and experiment with the Simon Necronomicon. He said it would "give us something to talk about when I come back to see you.

#12 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

That sounds almost like a shadow person encounter. Those almost always seem to to have an element of the shadowy figure, usually of a man, who appears at the foot or end of a bed. Other times standing near a corner or shadowy area of a room or even in a hallway though they appear to move sideways. Occasionally I've read accounts where people claim they've spoken to them but it's never verbal speak but more like telepathy as they almost feel it more than hear it. Far more common than the white figure encounters that sort of look like solid smoke figures but all other aspects are similar to the shadow or dark man figures. Though I honestly can't think of any stories of encounters where the figure has been a woman.

I think they have also been associated with the white noise messages in some capacity. Sometimes sort of detailed messages and conversations when a person has laid near a TV, speaker or or device than can pick up radio waves. Though some of those have been threatening and make claims of actually being entities that seek to harm or entice people to harm as the entities feed upon those emotional energies. The movie White Noise actually touches upon some of those darker messages.

#13 violetstar

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

This is interesting about white noise.I had a fan heater which seemed to generate music,not all the time but when I was tired and trying to relax.Mainly it produced music like an orchestra playing various tunes which I am not a great fan of to be honest.
I also had a weird experience a few times with believe it or not my fridge.After watching TV late at night,I would get myself a snack before going to bed and as the fridge door opened the audio from the TV programme I was watching came out of the fridge! When I closed the door it was gone but if I opened it again it was still there!

Not sure but the hum of the fridge and the noise of the fan generated some type of frequency that was picked up when I was tired.I have heard about people picking up radio signals from the old metal dental fillings they had too.Must have been annoying.

#14 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

As an aside though if it's something that occurred in a near sleep state you might try getting an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) recording of the area. We used to do those just to see what went on around us after we did a ritual or ceremony. Granted back in my day many times we simply used an old reel-to-reel recorder or tape deck recorder that we set with an open mic and recorded for long duration. I suppose today you could use a video camera or such so you'd have video as well as audio, maybe even an infra-red to detect heat.

We weren't looking for ghost but you'd still get voices at times. Sometimes we'd do them during the ceremony or ritual even seance and you'd hear the whisper voice. I admit though it could be deceptive in that you might hear a voice where other's would hear nothing or they'd hear something entirely different than what you'd hear. Whether it was wishful thinking or simple want and desire never could tell and definitely didn't have the skill or devices to prove otherwise.

But I'd also warn you may not like what you might hear. Not just the from the other world most people have no idea what they really sound like until they hear a recording of themselves. Some of the most self destructive and pride destroying things I've ever heard were myself doing a ritual / ceremony and how I sounded when I listened to myself.

#15 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

There's also the Crawling Chaos to consider. It is one of the more iconic of the Lovecraftian... "gods." The Black Man symbolism might have worked its way in from Lovecraftian media. It would make more sense to think of it as such in context with the Necronomicon recommendation.

Not that it has to be Nyarlathotep per se. If there even is a Nyarlathotep per se.

#16 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

View Postwren, on 25 April 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

There's also the Crawling Chaos to consider. It is one of the more iconic of the Lovecraftian... "gods." The Black Man symbolism might have worked its way in from Lovecraftian media. It would make more sense to think of it as such in context with the Necronomicon recommendation. Not that it has to be Nyarlathotep per se. If there even is a Nyarlathotep per se.

That makes sense. Don't know why but I always have a hard time with lovecraft and the Necronomicon still think of it as fantasy. Always brings the Flying Spaghetti Monster to mind for me though Dagon makes sense for some odd reason.

#17 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Postmonsnoleedra, on 25 April 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

That makes sense. Don't know why but I always have a hard time with lovecraft and the Necronomicon still think of it as fantasy. Always brings the Flying Spaghetti Monster to mind for me though Dagon makes sense for some odd reason.

For the most part, it is fantasy. But, then again, so are most magical worldviews. They are fantasies with room for "magic/spirit" that present themselves as lived truth.

Edited by wren, 25 April 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#18 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:37 AM

View Postwren, on 25 April 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

There's also the Crawling Chaos to consider. It is one of the more iconic of the Lovecraftian... "gods." The Black Man symbolism might have worked its way in from Lovecraftian media. It would make more sense to think of it as such in context with the Necronomicon recommendation.

Not that it has to be Nyarlathotep per se. If there even is a Nyarlathotep per se.

Interesting. When I came to waking consciousness I associated the "Man in black" to Anton Lavey. I really don't know why I thought this....

#19 violetstar

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

That seems to be Man in Black=Anton Lavey=The Devil.I guess most will make those associations but in the UK we are more likely to see Man in Black as a representative of a mystery about to be revealed.

#20 Lazarus Benedict

• Old Timers
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 30 April 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

That seems to be Man in Black=Anton Lavey=The Devil.I guess most will make those associations but in the UK we are more likely to see Man in Black as a representative of a mystery about to be revealed.

Mysteries to be revealed.... That might explain all the "keys" and "owl" imagery I've been seeing lately. Or not. As for the Devil : I've always been interested in this figure/idea every since I was introduced to it as a child in church. I've searched and explored "satanism" from various points of view. I must say that my research into the Order of Nine Angles has left a mark upon me for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users