- - - - -

Double Moon-Bows.

2 replies to this topic

#1 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:07 AM

I saw something pretty tonight while stargazing. When the humidity is right, and the moon is bright and unobstructed, I'll see two concentric circular rainbows around the silvery rays of light coming off the moon. It made me wonder if there were any myths about them. The sun can have one as well. It brought to mind the idea of star polygons inscribed in a circle, the solar cross, and the symbol for sol. Things radiating from a center and bound by a circle.

#2 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

I've seen that also!
I don't know, but perhaps related to Artemis.. I wonder what her bow looks like.

#3 Velotak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Wings of the Moth

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

I've used such rings for two purposes-

1) Drawing energy. It seems that when the moon/sun-bows are present, one can drink deeper from that celestial body's energies. This is especially useful for energy work, or rituals that involve the sun and/or moon. Concentric circles tend to intensify power, after all.

2) A base for evocation. When dealing with solar or lunar spirits, summon them into the rings for a manifestation that is quite intense. It's like a magnifying glass.

Additionally, solar versions of the phenomenon work well with energies from the Black Sun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users