- - - - -

Being Troubled By A Problem In This Life That Only Affected Most People In The Past?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sword of Justice

Enigma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

One recent thing I discovered about my situation and I've tried to work out why its the case for this life, that I have been brought up by a side of my family that still follows "caste system/feudalistic-era" values/mindset(Found out thanks to friends irl who were experts on it by telling them the details during a convo first).

Very dogmatic, as well as outdated expectations, including on things like the expected role of offspring(Including beyond 18), mistrust for all 'outsiders' and no in-depth understanding of things like democracy/personal property.

Although its not me situation now but one of the rules: Have whoever you choose to settle down with regulated by your parent(s) etc, as in they think they can be the one to say yes/no although it's just the one I'm living with.

Why out of so many millions(Though I know I'm not alone) am still affected in "this life" by a problem which only say affected people on the Earth 300+ years ago?

Edited by Sword of Justice, 15 March 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Monkey Sage

Founder

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Do you have a close relationship to your family? Perhaps that is why you feel you are affected by this rigid social order. The urge to fit in with our peers is a strong one in humanity; we are a social species, after all. What our peer group thinks of us does, in fact, matter. Fortunately, we're no longer as tightly bound to those groups as we once were, depending on your situation.

Posted Image

#3 Sword of Justice

Enigma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

sen, on 15 March 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Do you have a close relationship to your family? Perhaps that is why you feel you are affected by this rigid social order. The urge to fit in with our peers is a strong one in humanity; we are a social species, after all. What our peer group thinks of us does, in fact, matter. Fortunately, we're no longer as tightly bound to those groups as we once were, depending on your situation.
Yep and it is part of their tradition, the belief also is that 'blood' is the objective foundation of all families. I read 'peasantry' or common folks in caste system times' families were very closely knit for some reason?

But if I am still being troubled by something which only troubled most people along time ago what could it mean for my 'soul journey' and the purpose/reason for still being like this?

Edited by Sword of Justice, 16 March 2017 - 02:02 AM.

#4 Monkey Sage

Founder

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Sword of Justice, on 16 March 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

Yep and it is part of their tradition, the belief also is that 'blood' is the objective foundation of all families. I read 'peasantry' or common folks in caste system times' families were very closely knit for some reason? But if I am still being troubled by something which only troubled most people along time ago what could it mean for my 'soul journey' and the purpose/reason for still being like this?
I wish I had a good answer for this. There are too many possibilities. It could be that you're to learn the value of orthodoxy and tradition, it could be that you're to seek liberation from arbitrary obligations. Perhaps you should begin to ask yourself these questions, spend time in meditation contemplating their answer, and see what you come up with. You can always come back to us with your insights and we might be able to help you make sense of them (if need be).

You did say that your connection to your family is very important to you, so perhaps there is a middle way between orthodoxy and rebellion. It's hard to say without knowing the situation better.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users