9 replies to this topic

#1 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

Can anyone help with a list of correspondences of the Qlippoth.As I am not a Cabbalist the more simplified the better I am also interested to learn about path workings on the reverse of the Tree.

#2 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 04 March 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Can anyone help with a list of correspondences of the Qlippoth.As I am not a Cabbalist the more simplified the better I am also interested to learn about path workings on the reverse of the Tree.

Sure. Crowley's 777 Column VIII gives the names of the Shells, which are further elaborated on page 58. Godwin's Cabalistic Encyclopedia is also a good quick reference, and it also includes a diagram of Kenneth Grant's "Tree of Death" as well as the so-called "Tunnels of Set."

On path workings, I should note that one way to look at it is that anything that interferes with your work is potentially a "satan" - that is, an adversary. So, whatever is bugging you could have a Shell attached to it as indicating something essential. So, my brother banging stuff around upstairs while I am trying to meditate myself into the depths of the Intellectual Principle I can classify under Qlippoth # 17, "Tzalalimiron", "The Clangers", which corresponds to the path of Zayin; the astrological sign of Gemini; Tarot Card "The Lovers"; which was archaically known as "The Brothers". That is just one of the many hydra headed ways of approaching these things.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#3 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Love those analogies! 777 yes its a standard but was looking to check if others like yourself had extras.Any views on the 25th Path reversed so to speak?

#4 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 04 March 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

Any views on the 25th Path reversed so to speak?

That's a toughy. It's either really kinky or really infuriating.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#5 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationBigfoot's Neighbor

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

The Qlippoth are like a "beta version" of the universe, which were found to be lacking and thus were scrapped before the current version was put online. The shells in the World of Shells are the broken remnants of that beta version. Since they were found to be inadequate, and are now broken, I see very few reasons to spend a lot of time messing with them. The interest level stands on the work of people like Kenneth Grant.

For a moment, entertain some parallels in other traditions.

In Mormonism, they teach of a pre-mortal existence in which the Adversary proposed that all intelligent beings would be saved and in which there would be neither reward for virtue nor punishment for sin. This was found unacceptable, his plan was scrapped, and so the Adversary (along with all of his supporters) were barred forever from having any mortal existence.

In Hinduism, Brahma dreams the universe in his billions-of-years long sleep, and some day Brahma will awaken. At that time, our own existence will be the beta version, until again Brahma sleeps and the world is reformed in some new configuration.

The scientists have several versions of the world before the world. On a solar-system scale, our whole planetary system is just a remnant of some larger star that fizzled out long ago, and some disciplines still maintain that there is a sort of unknowable existence before the Big Bang.

In the Bible, you can read in Genesis (on the first page) how there was an abyss and wind before anything else existed. This presented some difficulties about a thousand years ago, and this idea of Qabalistic Shells developed to rectify that bit of literary oversight. Nobody thought to question, at the same time, how all the plants and green things were covering the earth before the Sun was created in the successive verses.

Perhaps appropriately, the gate to the World of Shells is through the sphere of Knowledge, called Daath. This sphere is itself nonexistent on the Tree of Life, and not counted among the others. It is usually represented as orthogonal to the other spheres, which is to say that it is not inverted but rather turned "away" from them in every dimension. Many people represent it as being a root system for the Tree, but besides convenience of representation, I think this fails to give the proper effect.

I am reluctant to talk much about the Qlippoth because I really don't see a lot of quality work coming from that direction. Apart from the Hardcore Dark Magic merit badge that it might earn for a person, I don't see what purpose one might have in courting the favor of these paths and powers besides accumulating knowledge for its own sake. Some people say that you have to go through this dark side and learn all about it in order to progress topside, but to me this seems like focusing on Things that Taste Nasty and then trying to avoid them, as opposed to going for a more pleasure-oriented cookbook.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#6 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

Many thanks for the analogies.Yes,Grant viewed it differently from the main core of Qabbalistic thought per se.I think Crowley saw it in a different way again probably following Mathers.His Thoth is regarded as the best tool for aiding Qlippothic workings but everyone seems to be in agreement that the Tree cannot be understood properly without understanding of its reverse or roots(whichever viewpoint one takes).In an alchemical sense I see it as the nigredo applied toward spiritual advancement.The dark night of the soul probably tastes nasty as you say but without tasting horrid food how can we know what tastes divine?!

#7 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Hey violet, I don't know about you, but I certainly didn't have to snort Hing to find out that butter, sugar, etc. tasted good.

Like Plato's Good, the pleasant is pleasant because it is pleasant and for no other reason. It isn't pleasant because you recognize it isn't unpleasant. That is just the Blah.

Edited by wren, 07 March 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#8 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 06 March 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

The dark night of the soul probably tastes nasty as you say but without tasting horrid food how can we know what tastes divine?!

You go, girl! Truly, you are a Scientist!

The two are One. The One is All.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:

#9 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

And you my friend are an Adept!

Both in One.

#10 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

View Postwren, on 07 March 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

Hey violet, I don't know about you, but I certainly didn't have to snort Hing to find out that butter, sugar, etc. tasted good.

Like Plato's Good, the pleasant is pleasant because it is pleasant and for no other reason. It isn't pleasant because you recognize it isn't unpleasant. That is just the Blah.

But the sweet, is never as sweet, without the sour?

It doesn't appear as though a spectral contrast is necessary, but it does seem to add a bit of depth perception.

Edited by Spida, 09 March 2017 - 03:27 AM.

Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users