- - - - -

Has Anyone Tried Crowleys Ruthvah Perfume?

Crowley Ruthvah Perfume

10 replies to this topic

#1 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

I have just made some of Crowleys Ruthvah compound using the formula most commonly described.Has anyone used it and gained any notable effects?

#2 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 608 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

Yes, I have Violetstar, many years ago in my youth. I still have about half left, and your query has made me dig it out again. The ambergris part of the ingredients in my Ruthvah is synthetic. Real ambergris would have made it too expensive for me. The scent is absolutely gorgeous. Ruthvah is quite a heavy earthy masculine sceent.

As for the effects it had, well it does what it says on the bottle. The claim that it is a sexual attractant I found to be true. When wearing it, females tended to be more sexually attracted to me than usual.

#3 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi Orlando,thanks for your reply. Ruthvah was brought to publics attention during the 70s by The Sorcerers Apprentice Occult Suppliers in the Uk.Yes
i got it road tested by a male friend of mine,and he says the same as you!By the way I also created a female version by simply reversing the formula but I have not road tested it yet!

The Ambergris Is synthetic in mine too and I am so pleased to hear it works for you. In studying the old formulas for perfumes it was an eye opener some of the old ingredients added.For instance right up to the1970s tobacco cuttings,powdered dried blood and sheep droppings where still being used by perfumers along with moth balls!

#4 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

I wanted to order some of the real Ambergris a while back, but as I remember it was around 200 dollars or so for a standard amount. Go figure, it is after all the associated Perfume for the most Divine Sephirah. I suppose the cost may serve as a catalyst for a placebo effect, or maybe even a more genuine experience. Who knows.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#5 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

Just noticed this. I still have a bit left from 20 years back and it still smells good. Think it was also used as a drawing scent for horses Dunno as not tried it for that.Kinda must have classic really.

#6 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostTopper, on 29 July 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Just noticed this. I still have a bit left from 20 years back and it still smells good. Think it was also used as a drawing scent for horses Dunno as not tried it for that.Kinda must have classic really.
I think Crowley mentioned he had found horses were drawn to him while wearing it.Not sure as I am not an expert on Crowleys writings but the so called Drawing and Jading oils used by horsemen re composed of different ingredients than those of Ruthvah.

#7 Topper

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

Thats neat. I once read about these oils for controlling horses and in one issue of the old Cauldron mag there was an actual recipe for it.I think George Ewart Evans listed the recipes too in one of his folklore type books.
If they work or not or if there was any other bits needed such as some magical words that the animals understood is another matter.

#8 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:43 PM

Everything looks good here.
Scribe of the Gods; My Ritual Blog: http://occultcorpus....stical-qabalah/; Black Cat Music Blog: http://occultcorpus....lack-cat-music/

#9 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

Ruthvah compound is not the only sexual attractant.Lavender has been used for the purpose of attracting males.In medieval times the girls working in the laundry industry often moonlighted as prostitutes to supplement their income and the word Lavender became synonymous with the offering of sexual services.This link was reinforced by the use of that fragrance to freshen up the laundered items.

Cucumber and liqourice mixed is said to be a female sexual attractant and the antithesis of this,according to studies carried out,is the smell of BBQs which some seventy percent of women listed as a turn off.In the same study a popular turn on for women was the smell of wood in a DIY store.

Ideally then,if you are a man working in a wood yard smelling of licquorice and sucking a cucumber you have it all.But watch out for the

Posted Image

#10 The Stalking Hyena

Labore et Constantia

• Old Timers
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 03 August 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Ruthvah compound is not the only sexual attractant.Lavender has been used for the purpose of attracting males.In medieval times the girls working in the laundry industry often moonlighted as prostitutes to supplement their income and the word Lavender became synonymous with the offering of sexual services.This link was reinforced by the use of that fragrance to freshen up the laundered items.

Cucumber and liqourice mixed is said to be a female sexual attractant and the antithesis of this,according to studies carried out,is the smell of BBQs which some seventy percent of women listed as a turn off.In the same study a popular turn on for women was the smell of wood in a DIY store.

Ideally then,if you are a man working in a wood yard smelling of licquorice and sucking a cucumber you have it all.But watch out for the

Posted Image

Yeah, when I worked at Home Depot the chicks were all over me. Unfortunately I didn't get any action other than translating their husband's hardware lists and loading up their obscenely monstrous SUV's.
I always felt vulnerable wearing one of those orange aprons with sawdust all over it. Now I know why.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#11 Spida

Lunaticus

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 03 August 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Yeah, when I worked at Home Depot the chicks were all over me. Unfortunately I didn't get any action other than translating their husband's hardware lists and loading up their obscenely monstrous SUV's.
I always felt vulnerable wearing one of those orange aprons with sawdust all over it. Now I know why.

Quite often when I'm at the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter. Watching and waiting for someone one of those big ass SUV's will pull up beside me, and then I can't see shit and have to move. I suppose they are also a waste of a finite resource ignoring the fact that carbon monoxide emissions are far more detrimental than beneficial although the eventual depletion of fossil fuels won't be an issue in my lifetime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users