- - - - -

Protection From Psychic Vampires

7 replies to this topic

#1 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

Hey all,

Was wondering, what are the ways one can protect themselves from a conscious energy/psi vampire? Intuition says it's not as simple as the 'white light' visualization/bubble and there's a bit of nuance behind the necessary shield. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance good people.

Cheers and Be Well

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”
―Zhuangzi

The Tao gives rise to all forms, yet it has no form of its own.

If you attempt to fix a picture to it in your mind, you will lose it.

This is like pinning a butterfly: the husk is captured, but the flying is lost.

Why not be content with simply experiencing it?

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#2 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationMusic City

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Enchanted pearls?

I'm wary of giving answer to this on account of the objective being ill-defined. Most of what I see being described as "psychic vampire" activity can be effectively described as "people who suck." Indeed, being around awful people who dump their stupid problems on you, or being forced to participate in the unwanted effects of said problems, will make your life miserable and cause you to feel weary.

Though it appears to be the norm for descriptions of psychic vampires, it also appears to be more of a social problem than an occult problem. I would like you to give a more thorough description of what you mean by the term, what sort of effects you associate with it, and perhaps give an example or two so that we can effectively separate the paranormal elements of the question from those that arise from unpleasant but ordinary types of personal interaction.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#3 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

Hola,

The term 'conscious energy/psi vampire' being utilized in the query was/is meant to describe the kind of person whom knowingly and willfully absorbs energy from the people around him/her as some sort of sustenance--psychological or otherwise. In this context, the person is at least passingly familiar with occult concepts through experience/practice, and perhaps through study as well. Furthermore, they seem not only to ascribe some sort of taste to be different kind of energies they absorb but also to hold a preference for the emotional energy given off by people as opposed to more ambient sources of energy.
Hope that description clears up any ambiguity. Just to reiterate, am not describing people whom are merely an emotional drag but people who are utilizing energetic practice to 'drain' others to varying degrees.

What say you fine folks? How would you protect yourself from such a person, aside from denying their existence/ avoiding them? (Assume you're required to have at least semi-frequent cordial conduct with them in the mundane world)

Cheers and Be Well

Edited by SilentSeeker, 13 February 2017 - 09:36 PM.

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”
―Zhuangzi

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#4 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationMusic City

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Enchanted pearls, then.

Edited by Imperial Arts, 13 February 2017 - 10:46 PM.

https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#5 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

Two ways:

They are opening to receive said 'energy'. That means you get to send *whatever you want* up the line. The possibilities are limited only by your human compassion.

Visualize an energetic configuration that doesn't require such shennanigans- that is, a healthy way to *be*- and send that up. Bonus points if you steal a Reiki concept, mangle it like a proper chaos magician performing cultural appropriation, and 'attune' them to a non-vampiric state. Again, they started it, so the usual lip flapping about free will can be ignored in what may even appear to be an ethical fashion. Its For Their Own Good™.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#6 The Stalking Hyena

• Old Timers
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostSilentSeeker, on 13 February 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Just to reiterate, am not describing people whom are merely an emotional drag but people who are utilizing energetic practice to 'drain' others to varying degrees.

How would you protect yourself from such a person, aside from denying their existence/ avoiding them? (Assume you're required to have at least semi-frequent cordial conduct with them in the mundane world)

1. Don't marry them.
2. There is drama in the event horizon of a black hole, so detection is the most critical part.
3. After all, it is a battle of wills. Is that the part that intuition might be nagging about?
4. If someone can leech a subtle body it would seem that the conscious component would be obsession. Its how the demons get in, right? So why not for corporeals?
5. Such an encounter(s) might actually strengthen the subtle body once one overcomes - as in "Out of life's school of war..." or "Love your enemies for what they can teach you" &etc.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#7 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Hey,

View Postvoidgazing, on 14 February 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Two ways:

They are opening to receive said 'energy'. That means you get to send *whatever you want* up the line. The possibilities are limited only by your human compassion.

Visualize an energetic configuration that doesn't require such shennanigans- that is, a healthy way to *be*- and send that up. Bonus points if you steal a Reiki concept, mangle it like a proper chaos magician performing cultural appropriation, and 'attune' them to a non-vampiric state. Again, they started it, so the usual lip flapping about free will can be ignored in what may even appear to be an ethical fashion. Its For Their Own Good™.

Thanks for this advice VG, will give it a go. Part of me held/holds the suspicion that more compassionate energies may actually be more effective in defence than a more 'offensive' energy. Have had some encounters with some succubi-type entities in dreamtime (or at least what appear to be so) and when I get ah-chanting they don't seem to like it very much to the point that they vacate. Wonder if it'd be the same type of deal.

Beyond the practical aspect, any thoughts on the ethics of such--whether the offender e corporeal or no corporeal? Anyone think the distinction even matters?

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 17 February 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

1. Don't marry them.
2. There is drama in the event horizon of a black hole, so detection is the most critical part.
3. After all, it is a battle of wills. Is that the part that intuition might be nagging about?
4. If someone can leech a subtle body it would seem that the conscious component would be obsession. Its how the demons get in, right? So why not for corporeals?
5. Such an encounter(s) might actually strengthen the subtle body once one overcomes - as in "Out of life's school of war..." or "Love your enemies for what they can teach you" &etc.

Ah, my most glorious liege, tis been a while. Hope you've been well. Answers are as follows:
1)10-4 chief
2)Think I know what you mean here, but try me again please
3)Same, once more if you would be so kind sir?
4)I can see what you mean, but then again, we're talking about a practice that generally require physical presence/proximity more than anything. From what I've felt, it seems akin to pore breathing but with an emphasis of drawing from the people in the immediate vicinity.
5) Will certainly see. Definitely motivated me to lean a little defense, s in that respect you're certainly correct, excellency.

Also, anyone else ever actually have encounters with folks of this ilk? For some reason, partly due to my experience with this person, seems to be a trend among the younger generation than the older types--but have nothing substantial to base that assertion on aside from recollections of some conversations/discussions from folks on other forums.

Cheers and Be Well

Edited by SilentSeeker, 18 February 2017 - 12:49 AM.

―Zhuangzi

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#8 The Stalking Hyena

• Old Timers
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostSilentSeeker, on 18 February 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Ah, my most glorious liege, tis been a while. Hope you've been well. Answers are as follows:
1)10-4 chief
2)Think I know what you mean here, but try me again please
3)Same, once more if you would be so kind sir?
4)I can see what you mean, but then again, we're talking about a practice that generally require physical presence/proximity more than anything. From what I've felt, it seems akin to pore breathing but with an emphasis of drawing from the people in the immediate vicinity.
5) Will certainly see. Definitely motivated me to lean a little defense, s in that respect you're certainly correct, excellency.

Most honorable Sir, I am busy but chill. “Time is the enemy of the magician”, as it were.

What I meant by “drama” and black holes is that if someone is going to the trouble of consciously vamping others, then there has got to be other issues which could serve as vulnerabilities that could be used against them. Is this person lazy, a slob; does he/she have a bad attitude that annoys others – two faced, backbiting, etc. Or are they the quiet type, polite yet somehow blank, empty. I’m looking at this from a somewhat general militant tactical perspective – in such a case the subtle is assaulting the mundane, but the reverse can also come into play.

It seems to me that a psychic vampire of the type you describe (and there is a lot of play for the imagination here) is really seeking power. Psi-sucking is a means to an end, even if that end is vague. Hell, it could just boil down to self image. That’s what I meant by “battle of wills”. It’s really a kind of domination, even if it is by stealth, do you see? The ethics of that should be fairly plain - one person is a victim and the other thinks they have an excuse for predation. Incorporeal vampirism seems to me to be centered on depraved practices which people have traditionally identified as a cause of blindness and hair in unusual places.

Overcoming someone of this type also demands an assessment of the environment – it would seem that one conducive to concentration would be natural. If the environment were static – say, an office or some such thing, then introducing external distractions during “feeding times” might be helpful. Make noise, put up anti-vampire propaganda, speak of things that might trip up the vamp. I don’t know, I’m just slapping out broad strokes.
Some defensive techniques I have learned from Astral Otters: never look them directly in both eyes – focus on the right eye or the tip of the nose; never face them directly – particularly the groin area. When they talk, interrupt them so they can’t lure your attention too deeply – make them get to the point. You could craft an amulet, or get a cross to hold while dealing with them, or if you feel they are active. Note that I am focusing on taking control of the immediate physical situation as a kind of grounding.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users