35 replies to this topic

#21 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

@UraTriUra

Understood, this was the message I gave as well. Pretty much.

#22 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Well as its said,it should resolve itself.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#23 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

The Proxy I'm using isn't that bad. I could get by with it for now if it wasn't for the blocked content because of an invalid security certificate. Plus I'm still learning my way around windows 10.

#24 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with a proxy, though? It went down for me, then came back up, rinse, and repeat. I never tried fooling with a proxy. I think the webhost is just shitty.

#25 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 560 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostUraTriUra, on 16 September 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Orlando and Violetstar, whatever the reason for you not being able to access the forum, I am sure the issue will be resolved. Please take into account that the moderators come here in their free time. This is not their workplace. This forum is a product of love and passion for the occult and for the people who want to participate. So the problem of spam, which originally was adressed here, is a huge factor which delays all other issue which occur and only add to the pile.

So if you have to wait for one or two days, this means the people who work for you for free took a little time with their family and maybe with sleep. So please bear with them and all will be well.

No problem, UraTriura. Sorry I came over as moaning; which I wasn’t really. I was just letting Violet know she was not the only one. I was basically saying that I had a problem with another forum which I have difficulty registering with, not this forum.

My problem with Occult Corpus was solved within hours yesterday, and I do understand and appreciate that Occult Corpus is run by volunteers, and I thank you all for that.

P.S - This other forum seems to be having similar problems this week by the looks of it, reading their posts.
_

#26 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

View Postwren, on 16 September 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

I don't think it has anything to do with a proxy, though? It went down for me, then came back up, rinse, and repeat. I never tried fooling with a proxy. I think the webhost is just shitty.

The only thing it has to do with a Proxy is that I can't access the Site without one.

#27 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostSpida, on 17 September 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

The only thing it has to do with a Proxy is that I can't access the Site without one.

Is that still the case? Again, I am not nor needed to use a proxy to access the site.

#28 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

No wren. I was blocked for about a day. What is happening here is that at random times, maybe once every couple months or so. My IP gets blocked. Now this happens to other users as well. When this happens we use a Proxy Server which has a different IP than the one that is blocked and it lets us through until our original IP is functional again. And although the Proxy allows access to the site it also creates other issues, so it's not a very pleasant experience.

#29 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

Sometime it say error occur when try sign in.Sometime not.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#30 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

View PostSheperdess, on 01 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Sometime it say error occur when try sign in.Sometime not.

And sometimes things disappear on Violet and I when we edit entries in our Blog. It's just the way things work around here, I wouldn't worry about it. You get used to it, and if you don't show up for a few days we will know why.

Edited by Spida, 03 October 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#31 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

It was down in the Netherlands at the weekend with the Bad Gateway message.Even a proxy failed to resolve it.

#32 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

The root cause is still the same I think. It's dicey as to whether it could be your LAN IP that is invalidated, or the IP of an internet server you connect to OC through. So you have no control over the latter(that I know of). I have not experienced this thus far, luckily, but having to use a proxy isn't much fun either.

Cheers

#33 violetstar

Venus

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostSpida, on 09 October 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

The root cause is still the same I think. It's dicey as to whether it could be your LAN IP that is invalidated, or the IP of an internet server you connect to OC through. So you have no control over the latter(that I know of). I have not experienced this thus far, luckily, but having to use a proxy isn't much fun either.

Cheers
We tried this with two phones and a laptop.All had different ISPs None could connect.Its obviously the Host OC uses.

#34 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Yes Violet. It was to do with IPs being blocked like we talked about. So yes, the Host. As far as which IPs are blocked and the effect it will have, that's a bit more complicated. Anyway the Site was not down for me, so maybe your different ISPs shared a common linking Server with a blocked IP.

#35 Sheperdess

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I am here now yet from home there no forum only page say bad.Then at airport say ok good to go.

Posted Image Touch not the cat without a glove

#36 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 858 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

Lots of Internet problems lately. I just wanted to do a simple edit on my new Blog earlier and the text formatting went haywire, huge spaces were inserted between words and I couldn't get rid of them at first. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be a problem. I know yesterday I was playing around with the CSS Code for my Blog pages and canceling out if I didn't like the changes, maybe something went wrong with that. I was thinking I don't want to go back into the source code again, and I don't want to redo my Blog again. So we just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users