Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

6 replies to this topic

#1 EnergyGem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention suchas seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similiar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilites that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa....pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

#2 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostEnergyGem, on 10 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about...

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'd like to hear something about you, what you do, and about your personal experience. Book reviews are welcome, but they're better when readers know something about the person giving the review.

View PostEnergyGem, on 10 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul,...

I've read through your summary of what the book talks about and don't find anything novel about the ideas; it all read like a pretty standard New Age package. I highlighted the above just to make the point, and to ask, what's amazing about that idea for you? The idea itself is as old as the hills. Did reading it in this particular book change something for you? If so, can you express it in terms of your own personal experience?
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#3 EnergyGem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:36 AM

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for the welcome. I myself have always been a seeker of Truth and have always been interested in the metaphysical aspects of life. I love reading about Unexplained mysteries and ancient civilizations as well as out of place artifacts and other such things. I just feel there is so much around us that science still doesn't truly understand at this stage and it's exciting to uncover and learn about these aspects of life and existence.

In terms of my personal experience with Falun Dafa, I found out about it a number of years ago from a blog, it had an interview with Mr Li Hongzhi ( the founder of Falun Dafa) that was conducted by Time Asia magazine ( it can be found here: http://content.time....2053761,00.html )

I found the interview fascinating and wanted to find out more about the practice so I began googling and found their main site and all the material free to download so I decided I wanted to try it out. From practicing this high level Qi Gong a number of years now I have felt dramatic improvements in my mental and physical states. I used to sometimes from low energy levels, mild depression and anxiety from time to time and it really drained me in my day to day activities. Since taking up Falun Dafa all these symptoms and problems have disappeared completely, almost like shackles falling off my ankles.

Actually a whole book has been written about people's first hand testimonials about the healing and rejuvenating affects they have experienced by practicing Dafa, it's an amazing read:

http://en.minghui.or.../4/3/59184.html

In terms of the book Zhuan Falun, I guess my initial descriptions don't really do it justice. There is a section in the book that covers the 3rd Eye and it's structure, it's different levels and it's manifestations in different dimensions. It's explained in such detail that I was really amazed. I have never read a book that has explained the 3rd Eye in such depth and detail and it's mechanics. Another section in the book is entitled "Placement of The Mysterious Pass", this section goes in depth about how one cultivates an indestructible Adamantine body or what Buddhists call a Buddha Body, it also explains this process from a very high level and in great depth and I have never read in any other book this explained in such clear and concise terms.

There is also an explanation of the "Cosmic Orbit" and how it's developed and it's process of strengthening and sublimating, this is also explained in depth and it is something explained in great detail but in a concise and easy to understand way. There are many more examples I could go into but if you decide to read the book I think you will find out what I mean when I say that this book (in my opinion) really explains many high level cultivation and spiritual Truths that haven't been explained before.

#4 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostEnergyGem, on 11 May 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

In terms of the book Zhuan Falun, I guess my initial descriptions don't really do it justice. There is a section in the book that covers the 3rd Eye and it's structure, it's different levels and it's manifestations in different dimensions. It's explained in such detail that I was really amazed. I have never read a book that has explained the 3rd Eye in such depth and detail and it's mechanics. Another section in the book is entitled "Placement of The Mysterious Pass", this section goes in depth about how one cultivates an indestructible Adamantine body or what Buddhists call a Buddha Body, it also explains this process from a very high level and in great depth and I have never read in any other book this explained in such clear and concise terms.

Just so you know, I'm not planning on reading the book. I'm interested in your opinions though.

Like, do you think of these ideas about a third eye, Adamantine body, etc, in literal terms? Or do you suppose it's more of a metaphorical language for describing truths that defy literal description?

View PostEnergyGem, on 11 May 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

...this book (in my opinion) really explains many high level cultivation and spiritual Truths that haven't been explained before.

Can you provide a particular example that you think changed your life?

#5 EnergyGem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 14 May 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Just so you know, I'm not planning on reading the book. I'm interested in your opinions though.

Like, do you think of these ideas about a third eye, Adamantine body, etc, in literal terms? Or do you suppose it's more of a metaphorical language for describing truths that defy literal description?

Can you provide a particular example that you think changed your life?

In regards to this question I have to say that everything from the 3rd eye to the adamantine body to supernatural abilities are all tangibly existing albeit in other dimensions. They cannot be perceived in our current dimension but do truly exist and through inner cultivation one begins to awaken and energize these inner abilities.

Here is a lecture excerpt from one of Master Li Hongzhi's lectures where he talks about Supernatural Abilities:

“Supernormal abilities are also called divine powers. Contemporary people call them extraordinary abilities. Supernormal abilities are in fact beings' innate abilities. The higher a being's level, the more fully his innate abilities can take effect; conversely, the lower a being's level, the harder it is for his innate abilities to take effect, or to take full effect.

The fundamental reason is that in this cosmos, from the highest level to the lowest level, the lower it gets, the higher the proportion of matter beings and everything in their particular realms have, the larger the particles' grains are, and the more weight beings carry--the lower it gets, the more the beings' innate abilities (supernormal abilities) are restrained by matter itself, and the more heavy this restraint, the less effective the abilities are.

This is why the lower the level, the lesser the abilities. When it gets to the human dimension, all the innate abilities of beings are already covered up, their innate abilities (supernormal abilities) cannot work. So if humans do something or want to get something, they have to rely solely on working their matter-comprised bodies in order to get what they want. Man cannot see the true situation of the cosmos because he is completely buried in matter. That is why it's said that the human dimension is one of delusion.

As for a cultivator, the higher the level he cultivates to, the greater his abilities. This is because the more levels of cosmos he breaks through, the less and lighter matter's weight on his being is, the stronger his innate abilities (supernormal abilities) are, and the greater the number and the more comprehensive are his abilities that are freed.”

In regards to how it has changed my life, well I have already mentioned the health effects that I have had from practicing this system.

I have also become far more tolerant and kinder to people, I used to have a rather bad temper and a rather unpleasant manner at times. I have become a lot more understanding of others, a lot more compassionate. After cultivating you begin to see that everyone is truly suffering here in their own ways so you begin to have a broader and kinder disposition to everyone.

Also I have found that my mental state in general is far more lighthearted and happier. Things just don't get me down like they used to, even when I'm being on the wrong end of an insult, it feels like water off a duck's back and I still remain cheerful, I used to have a lot of resentment in such situations but nowadays it doesn't effect me not nearly as much ( that doesn't mean I still don't get angry mind you) it's just that I feel like my mind feels broader and more at peace then it has ever been before.

#6 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostEnergyGem, on 15 May 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Here is a lecture excerpt from one of Master Li Hongzhi's lectures where he talks about Supernatural Abilities:

“Supernormal abilities are also called divine powers. Contemporary people call them extraordinary abilities. Supernormal abilities are in fact beings' innate abilities. The higher a being's level, the more fully...

Have you experienced any supernormal abilities yourself? Have you seen anyone else demonstrate such abilities?

View PostEnergyGem, on 15 May 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

In regards to how it has changed my life, well I have already mentioned the health effects that I have had from practicing this system.

I have also become far more tolerant and kinder to people, I used to have a rather bad temper and a rather unpleasant manner at times. I have become a lot more understanding of others, a lot more compassionate. After cultivating you begin to see that everyone is truly suffering here in their own ways so you begin to have a broader and kinder disposition to everyone.

Also I have found that my mental state in general is far more lighthearted and happier. Things just don't get me down like they used to, even when I'm being on the wrong end of an insult, it feels like water off a duck's back and I still remain cheerful, I used to have a lot of resentment in such situations but nowadays it doesn't effect me not nearly as much ( that doesn't mean I still don't get angry mind you) it's just that I feel like my mind feels broader and more at peace then it has ever been before.

I don't mean to downplay the improvements you've experienced. Those are important effects and I imagine the world is better off having you the way you are now. So don't take this the wrong way... I'm sure you'll agree, the effects you describe don't get anywhere near supernormal abilities. I assume from what you've offered so far that you expect more dramatic effects to develop later in your practice.

In the meantime, about the effects you've experienced so far... an insight I have from my own studies, exposure to others, and my own practices suggest that effects of that nature can be fostered in a lot of ways, including more or less any basic program of physical exercise, more or less any form of routine meditation, and various ritual-like systems, so long as they're motivated by a sincere intention to improve and some insight into what needs improving. From what I can tell, what someone believes about why the practices work for them is less important than just doing to the proscribed things.

I'm interested to know what specific practices you engaged in that fostered those effects for you, the physical stuff first, not the beliefs around them. Is there a daily routine? I'd like to see an outline of your practice if you're willing.

#7 EnergyGem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 15 May 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

Have you experienced any supernormal abilities yourself? Have you seen anyone else demonstrate such abilities?

I have not witnesses any supernatural abilities myself, no. That being said I have noticed certain effects while performing the Dafa exercises. An example is that it may be very cold in my room and I'm feeling super chilly but whenever I do the 5th exercise I feel completely warm and nice. This does not occur if I'm just sitting infront of the PC, it only happens when I perform the exercise which is interesting. Another thing I've noticed is that whenever I begin to do the 5th exercise my cat always wants to be near me, as if he senses the energy or something.

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 15 May 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't mean to downplay the improvements you've experienced. Those are important effects and I imagine the world is better off having you the way you are now. So don't take this the wrong way... I'm sure you'll agree, the effects you describe don't get anywhere near supernormal abilities. I assume from what you've offered so far that you expect more dramatic effects to develop later in your practice.

In the meantime, about the effects you've experienced so far... an insight I have from my own studies, exposure to others, and my own practices suggest that effects of that nature can be fostered in a lot of ways, including more or less any basic program of physical exercise, more or less any form of routine meditation, and various ritual-like systems, so long as they're motivated by a sincere intention to improve and some insight into what needs improving. From what I can tell, what someone believes about why the practices work for them is less important than just doing to the proscribed things.

I'm interested to know what specific practices you engaged in that fostered those effects for you, the physical stuff first, not the beliefs around them. Is there a daily routine? I'd like to see an outline of your practice if you're willing.

In terms of what the practice entails, it's only studying the core book Zhuan Falun and doing a set of 5 Qi Gong excercises. They are quite easy to learn and I feel my hands getting an 'electric' or 'heavy' type feel every time I perform them. Another thing I've noticed which I've noticed is that after exercising I feel like I have recharged my 'batteries' both mentally and physically. I might be in a tired, crummy mood but If I discipline myself and do the exercises anyway, I always feel refreshed and happy afterwards.

If you want to the take a look the exercises are here:

http://en.falundafa....ideo-audio.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users