Who Else Misses Alan Chapman?

Chaos Magick Enlightenment

5 replies to this topic

#1 that_other_guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

I was lucky enough to make his book the first one I read when I began studying the occult. He laid a foundation of knowledge that has been incredibly useful to me, and I'm quite thankful for it. I've managed to get my hands on the three books he co-wrote with Duncan Barford as well, which are also packed with meat.

Anyone know what he's up to? He and Barford have completely disappeared off the scene - both of them have even deleted their twitter accounts.

Anyway, here's hoping for a comeback. He once tweeted me that he's working on a book about meditation. Hopefully he won't leave us hanging too long!

#2 Curious Cat

Eats Locusts

• Owner
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

I very much enjoyed his blog, Occult Experiments in the Home, which Nalyd turned me on to. It was something of an inspiration for my blog actually. I hope he is doing well.

#3 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostCurious Cat, on 04 April 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

I very much enjoyed his blog, Occult Experiments in the Home, which Nalyd turned me on to. It was something of an inspiration for my blog actually. I hope he is doing well.
That was actually Duncan Barford's blog which, as you can see, is also no longer around. All that is left of it is the book.

EDIT: Then again, you may have been referring to Barford in your post given that the OP talked about both of them.

Edited by Nalyd Khezr Bey, 04 April 2016 - 10:03 PM.

#4 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:03 PM

Yeah the Baptist's Head is gone. Wish they'd left it up, that was some brilliant freaking work.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#5 The Geometer

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

You know, I have got this book I downloaded from the internet written by this guy, and his sense .... of style is seriously jiving with me. I feel like he really makes nice, logical movements through his book. "Advanced Magick for Beginners" A. Chapman

#6 Dekishitai

• Old Timers
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

Here's his latest project:
The Fountainhead School.

Posted Image

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
Like a teatray in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little bat!