- - - - -

Do You Believe Christianity Is A Conspiracy Against The Occult

Occult christianity hoax Devil Satan Satanism

26 replies to this topic

#21 Octarine Prince

• Old Timers
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:52 AM

As a former "open" Christian, I can tell you how to get along on a basic level with Christians: just equate what they are talking about to your path.

"Of course, I have accepted the Christ as my personal savior." (I sincerely believe in the redeeming power of the CONCEPT of the Christ as the Reconciler, so this isn't any problem to me. I believe in the concept, and it doesn't matter anymore whether there was a real Jesus, and whether he was a hippie-magician, of a divine nature, etc. My patron deities want me to straighten my act up. I am grateful they do.)

"Do you pray? Of course!"
(Some prayers in the traditional sense, but spellwork, rites, etc. are all offerings to the Divine)

About some of the erroneous information presented in above comments:

Jesus loved his apostles, in the way you love fellow adherents. He didn't LOVE his apostles in a sexual sense. He had a particular fondness for several of them, namely the brash, yet well-meaning Simon Peter, and the passionate, loyal, and devout John. Agape love, not eros love (the other two are philia and storge). Period. Jesus followed the law perfectly, and the law strictly forbade homosexuality, so he didn't partake, because Jesus didn't break the law.

Edited by Octarine Prince, 07 April 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#22 Vulpecula

• Old Timers
  • 360 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

View Postvoidgazing, on 04 April 2016 - 10:57 PM, said:

I think you're on the wrong track there- since those theories were first put out, its been discovered that YHVH had a wife if you go back far enough. Remember too that they went from not sacrificing to other gods before their jealous god- acknowledging the existence thereof in so stating- to declaring them nonexistent or 'demons'.

I mean more as a root of monotheism, singular worship etc. It is logical to presume there was influence from all over the place. Chinese whispers and all that.

I read that Akhenaten has been credited with inventing the monotheistic ideology, which means there is at least some influence there, very likely spread via trading partners. It is of course possible that others believe the same or were purely looking to cash in on an idea. There's argument as to whether the biblical exodus occurred before or after his reign.

Given the way Akhenaten was thought of and the political/religious shifts that occurred after his death any supporters would have been forced to conceal their beliefs or otherwise head for safer territories. I can see this as spreading the seeds of monotheism.

Please don't think of me as "micro modding" for saying this, consider it a personal request.. People please remember to be respectful of each others' beliefs. Claws are starting to come out around here and frankly, that is not necessary or desirable in any way. You can agree to disagree, keep it friendly. Thanks. -me

~ ☄ ~

"The first stage of seeing through the game can be a shocking enlightenment that leads either to a weary cynicism or Buddhism. The second stage of actually applying the insight to oneself can destroy the illusion of the soul and create a magician." -Peter Carroll

If the devil doesn’t exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness. –Fedor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

#23 Simon.Magus

• Old Timers
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

You are saying that the exodus occurred in the 1400s BCE. That is false.
The exodus occurred in the mid-to-late 1100s BCE, during the decline of the egyptian new kingdom.
Thus the exodus (and thus the earliest possible date of the creation of the 10 commandments) occurred at least 100 years AFTER the creation of the papyrus of Ani.

I just read this, along with your ridiculous "proofs" of Jesus' homosexuality. First, no serious scholar (or even an unserious scholar) claims an 1100 date for the Exodus. The Davidic kingdom is circa 1000 BC crying out loud.

Your information about Jesus' homosexuality has got to be the most preposterous display of historical ignorance I've seen in a long time. I know that sounds offensive, but it really isn't meant to be. I almost need to conclude that you're trolling just for my own sanity. You display a complete and utter lack of knowledge of the culture of which you claim to know so much about. I would advise you to do a cursory study into these issues. There are many, many, MANY scholars from all sides of the issue (atheists, agnostics, deists, Christians, etc etc.) who have written many books on the culture of the New Testament. In today's day and age, there's really no excuse to be that uninformed. Hell, 5 minutes on Wikipedia would have made you delete your entire post out of sheer embarrassment. Paul telling Christians to greet each other with a holy kiss? The disciple whom Jesus loved? Do you even know the difference between agape and eros?? Jesus hung out with only men?? Have you ever read the Gospel accounts for Christ's sake (pun intended)? C'mon, man, you give occultists a bad name.

Sandalphon: Yes, you're right, that is another crackpot theory. Uncited, of course, because again, no reputable scholar would propose such nonsense. Could Jesus have been in Egypt doing the things you said he did? Sure. He could also have been with the Essenes, or in Samaria, or, y'know, growing up in his village practicing his trade. But Egypt just sounds badass so let's go with that, even with absolutely no evidence to even hint at such a thing.

VG, I wasn't asking you to cite anything -- I was saying that it bugs me when people make proposterous claims that no scholar would ever make, and then fail to cite anything or give any backing to their information.

#24 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostVulpecula, on 10 April 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

I read that Akhenaten has been credited with inventing the monotheistic ideology, which means there is at least some influence there, very likely spread via trading partners.

Trading connections were very much emphasized in my aforementioned university studies. It's a good point that religious ideas are spread by trade and human contact, but why stick to that in matters of religion? What about ideas being spread by supernatural means? For example, you might have Peter with his supernatural vision to teach the gentiles, even though he was brought up to think they eat unclean foods. I think I've met Peter's contact Cornelius: he's the opponent of a bad guy I know and they deliberately use similar names to one another........

Anyway, occultists are also having supernatural visions about spreading various teachings and so are people in other religions. But that doesn't make them rivals of one another or a conspiracy against one another. They all inhabit their own thought universes and these can co-exist. I've met some angels who believe that Jesus really does have a title 'The Lamb', as in the Book of Revelation, and they think that title is quite significant. But someone in another tradition can be called 'The -xx something else xx-' and it can be equally important in the idea world that they inhabit. Your mind makes your own idea world true for you and you can use it for your own inspiration.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#25 Lydia

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostSimon.Magus, on 10 April 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

I just read this, along with your ridiculous "proofs" of Jesus' homosexuality. First, no serious scholar (or even an unserious scholar) claims an 1100 date for the Exodus. The Davidic kingdom is circa 1000 BC crying out loud.

Your information about Jesus' homosexuality has got to be the most preposterous display of historical ignorance I've seen in a long time. I know that sounds offensive, but it really isn't meant to be. I almost need to conclude that you're trolling just for my own sanity. You display a complete and utter lack of knowledge of the culture of which you claim to know so much about. I would advise you to do a cursory study into these issues. There are many, many, MANY scholars from all sides of the issue (atheists, agnostics, deists, Christians, etc etc.) who have written many books on the culture of the New Testament. In today's day and age, there's really no excuse to be that uninformed. Hell, 5 minutes on Wikipedia would have made you delete your entire post out of sheer embarrassment. Paul telling Christians to greet each other with a holy kiss? The disciple whom Jesus loved? Do you even know the difference between agape and eros?? Jesus hung out with only men?? Have you ever read the Gospel accounts for Christ's sake (pun intended)? C'mon, man, you give occultists a bad name.

I see that you are exhibiting the sociopathic dominance-asserting behavior of strongly libellously deprecating
someone (in this case me), who has written insightful truths, and strong evidence thereof, that violates your
sense of dominance- a sense of dominance which is tied to your conception of Jesus. If only someone would
dunk your head under water to the point of unconsciousness, repeatedly, every 10 minutes, for the remainder of
your life, so that your agony would be unimaginable- THEN maybe you would get the message that your gross
indulgence in the mindset of dominance, and the libellous dominance-asserting symptoms thereof, at the
expense of insightful truth and free inquiry, is not acceptable in the slightest. But of course, there is no justice
in this society, so you get off scot free.

I have in fact read through all of the gospels, twice, and I have read over numerous select passages much
more often than that; I have studied the greek language of the new testament; and I have likewise studied the
political and religious situation in palestine at the time. If you had any sense of embarrassment whatsoever,
then you would be extremely embarrassed for having called me of all people ignorant on the subject,
and for saying that I of all people give occultists a bad name, when that is exactly what YOU are doing by
saying so, whereas I of all people give occultists a good name, such as by revealing the insightful truth
that Jesus was a homosexual, and the gospel passages that indicate that, and by revealing the true date
of the exodus.

You are clearly WILLFULLY ignorant of the true meaning of the greek word "agape", as so many other
christians are. The word "agape" is a general word for "love", and as such, it was used by the greeks to refer
to both romantic/passionate love AND non-romantic/non-passionate love. John the evangelist made extensive
use of such double meanings in his gospel, so that the early christian leaders could present a sanitized
interpretation to the ultra-conservative jews who were prevalent at the time, while understanding the true
homosexual meanings themselves. John's double meanings are also found in John 15:4-6, where Jesus says
that he must be in his disciples and his disciples must be in him (an allusion to sexual intercourse);
and again in John 6:51-58, in which Jesus says that people must "eat his flesh" (an allusion to oral intercourse).

And what do you think Jesus was referring to when he said "do not judge lest ye be judged"?
And why do you think that Jesus said "the world hated me before it hated you"? These are rhetorical questions
of course; he is referring to homosexuality in general, and then his own homosexuality, respectively.

There is also another suspicious passage, Mark 14:12-15, in which Jesus instructs his disciples to go to a
house where two men live- one who is the master of the house, and the other who carries water like a woman,
and these two men prepare a well-furnished upstairs room for Jesus and the disciples for the passover.
The implication is that these two men are fellow homosexuals who are tolerant of the homosexuality of
Jesus and John (like John laying on top of Jesus's body, as the gospel of John mentions), if not also the
other apostles, and seek to provide a safe and comfortable place for them to practice their homosexuality.

And all of that evidence is in addition to all of the evidence that I already presented in my previous post.

And as for Jesus kissing with the disciples, and Judas's kiss in particular, this was not some lame peck on
the cheek or an air kiss (as is done between many arabic men today); the greek word used in the gospels
is not merely "philema", which means "to kiss", but rather it is "kataphileo", which means "to kiss fervently"-
something that would only be done between men who are homosexuals.

As for the exodus:
The exodus actually occurred around 1140-1130 BCE, not quite as late as 1100 BCE.
The time of Moses and the judges lasted for only around 100 years, until the kingdom of Israel was
established in ~1025 BCE when Saul became king. If you were not utterly willfully ignorant of ancient
history, then you would know that a date of the exodus as early as the 1400s BCE was impossible
because Canaan was still part of Egypt at the time. But you believe in that date nonetheless, because
that is what 1 Kings 6:1 says, and you apparently unquestioningly believe EVERY history-related
statement that the bible makes.

#26 Sandalphon

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

Your are very well and widely read and are to be commended. Have you ever examined any of the Gnostic gospels, or translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls?

À propos Jesus being a homosexual. So what. All through recorded history there are incidents of homosexuality. It's not a big deal. Men are permitted to love each other too.

Edited by Sandalphon, 10 April 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#27 Curious Cat

Dances With The Dead

• Owner
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:28 PM

I am locking this thread for the time being while the mods discuss it. This discussion is getting a little too heated for my taste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users