- - - - -

Images

15 replies to this topic

#1 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Greetings,

So umm, what, may I ask are currently the image extensions allowed on this community? It seems that they've changed over the last few months and from what I've been able to gather, it doesn't seem like any are. Is this deliberate and may I ask why this is, if so?

Cheers and Be Well

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”
―Zhuangzi

The Tao gives rise to all forms, yet it has no form of its own.

If you attempt to fix a picture to it in your mind, you will lose it.

This is like pinning a butterfly: the husk is captured, but the flying is lost.

Why not be content with simply experiencing it?

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#2 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostSilentSeeker, on 21 January 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

Greetings,

So umm, what, may I ask are currently the image extensions allowed on this community? It seems that they've changed over the last few months and from what I've been able to gather, it doesn't seem like any are. Is this deliberate and may I ask why this is, if so?

Cheers and Be Well

I have noticed any changes, but my technical skills are subpar at best. Could you be more specific as to the image extensions that you have seen changed?

#3 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

Hey,

For the last few months, whenever I've attempted to post an image onto a thread post, I get a message--in a red box on the top-- that tells me 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.' At first it was Gifs and JPEGs but it soon became even PNGs and Bitmaps too. The language utilized in the message leads me to believe, perhaps incorrectly, that this was intentionally done for some purpose, given the fact I'd had success posting such extensions in the past

Judging from your blog posts though Dub-C, it would seem that it's not ubiquitous around the forum.

Update: So I tried pasting the image from your most recent blog post, a JPEG, and it attached fine. I then removed it and tried one of the pictures I've tried to attach recently, also, a JPEG, and it was a no go. *Shrug*

Other than, I've got no other observations to report.

Cheers and Be Well

Edited by SilentSeeker, 27 January 2016 - 02:51 AM.

“The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?”
―Zhuangzi

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#4 Vulpecula

• Old Timers
  • 359 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image
Sample JPG

Posted Image
Sample PNG

Posted Image
Sample GIF

Edit: Linked and posted without a problem for me. Your adblocker/script blocker might be causing an issue, if you use one.

Edited by Vulpecula, 31 January 2016 - 03:17 PM.

~ ☄ ~

"The first stage of seeing through the game can be a shocking enlightenment that leads either to a weary cynicism or Buddhism. The second stage of actually applying the insight to oneself can destroy the illusion of the soul and create a magician." -Peter Carroll

If the devil doesn’t exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness. –Fedor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

#5 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Hmm, well that's odd. Thanks for testing V.

I just tried again and it's still coming up. Doubt it being the adblocker, as the message I'm getting is from OC itself, not my browser: though I'm no computer expert and could be wrong in that assessment. I have a screenshot, though naturally, I can't post it or send it via the OC message service. If anyone's willing to take a look/has any ideas into what could be going on, I could send the screenshot along in an email, otherwise...no pictures for me I guess (an early retirement for a self-proclaimed gif bandit :ph34r: ).

Cheers and Be Well

―Zhuangzi

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#6 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

Something seems hinky in general. I had a post unapproved and nobody mentioned they did it, I got a message from Silent Seeker that I don't have any way to reply to...
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#7 SilentSeeker

• Old Timers
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Concerning the latter: that message was me trying to send along the screenshot to both you and CC but the picture didn't attach. Seeing it didn't work, I then deleted the conversation so that's perhaps why you can't reply.

Edited by SilentSeeker, 31 January 2016 - 08:57 PM.

―Zhuangzi

--Attributed to Lao-tzu

#8 violetstar

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

SilentSeeker, on 27 January 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Hey,

For the last few months, whenever I've attempted to post an image onto a thread post, I get a message--in a red box on the top-- that tells me 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.' At first it was Gifs and JPEGs but it soon became even PNGs and Bitmaps too. The language utilized in the message leads me to believe, perhaps incorrectly, that this was intentionally done for some purpose, given the fact I'd had success posting such extensions in the past

Judging from your blog posts though Dub-C, it would seem that it's not ubiquitous around the forum.

Update: So I tried pasting the image from your most recent blog post, a JPEG, and it attached fine. I then removed it and tried one of the pictures I've tried to attach recently, also, a JPEG, and it was a no go. *Shrug*

Other than, I've got no other observations to report.

Cheers and Be Well
I get this message too whenever I try to post an image.As I am not at all computer proficient,can anyone help?
To face a real daemon, you must first look inwards and conquer your own darkness.Luis Marques

#9 Spida

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationTiphareth In Beriah

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

@VioletStar

I got that message too. If I remember right, when I tried using the "direct link"(using Imgur). It worked.

The difference is that one URL has the extension(jpg in my case), and one doesn't. So you want the one that does. Since I guess it equates no extension with an invalid one.

hope that helps.

:)

Edit:
I also had to use the "Sizes" option located at the bottom to scale the image down.

Edited by Spida, 28 April 2017 - 11:26 PM.

Since no thing defines it's own creation. It cannot be held responsible for it's nature; then there are choices.

#10 violetstar

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image
To face a real daemon, you must first look inwards and conquer your own darkness.Luis Marques

#11 violetstar

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostSpida, on 28 April 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

@VioletStar

I got that message too. If I remember right, when I tried using the "direct link"(using Imgur). It worked.

The difference is that one URL has the extension(jpg in my case), and one doesn't. So you want the one that does. Since I guess it equates no extension with an invalid one.

hope that helps.

Edit:
I also had to use the "Sizes" option located at the bottom to scale the image down.
YES!Thanks Spida!

#12 Spida

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

@VioletStar

You are most certainly welcome,

The Snake table legs in your image reminds me of how I realized one day that the "Slithering Snake" pattern can be found in all four elements. Maybe it's not really that important, but I've never seen/heard anyone mention it. Has it ever come up in any of your reading?
Since no thing defines it's own creation. It cannot be held responsible for it's nature; then there are choices.

#13 violetstar

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

:) How intriguing Spida I have never read such as yet thank you for sharing .

#14 Spida

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

And if you consider "Spirit" as the 5th Element. This Snakeform/Waveform is also rendered in the EEG readouts associated with different modes of consciousness.

#15 violetstar

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

If we consider 'Time' as the 5th Element we first enter a whole new abstract way of thinking which by default leads us into understanding how each mode of consciousness exists and their relationship to each other within their respective worlds.

This abstraction can be seen within the Sacro-mysticism of the Holy Qabalah where it is said how the Planetary lives are composed after death,of 10 Dreams of 100 years each which has its manifestation as one Solar Life of equal length.

Thus it is said that in the eyes of God,1000 years are as one day.Therefore explaining the Creation in 6000 years considering He rests for the one day.

And these Planetary Lives are the Night and the Solar Lives are the Day for the Soul wherein Eternal Life is the experience of Remembering(Day)and Forgetting(Night)Each of the Four Worlds perfect the ascendant Soul once Tiphareth is encountered known in Christian esoterica as 'Christ Consciousness'.

And these Four Worlds have Three Atmospheres wherein the Twelve Disciples have their origin.

This is in the wrong thread so probably best leave it here

#16 Spida

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

So what's that you said? After I comment, then we can just leave it here? Okay, that sounds good.

Just a quick comment, then if you want you can create another thread when and if you feel so inclined.

So what you said is new to me; a little abstract. So I'd have to think about it some more.

Anyway, probably a better example of a true EM Waveform(The Snake)that pertains to consciousness(derivative of the 5th). Is the Electric and Magnetic fields that are generated by oscillating neurons. Radiating EM Waveforms at a subconscious level. Encoded with pertinent information(otherwise they would be useless), and propagated into the Macrocosm.

Back to what you said briefly:

I think of the Elements as the substance of existence. And I think of Space and Time as the Dimensions of existence. Time being the fourth dimension. A dimension something that can be measured. So a dimensionless existence would be no existence, or absolute nothingness. Aside from the mind of God which can exist outside of the four dimensions. But is perhaps not contigously eternal, but eternal in a periodic sense(I know I've said similar things recently)

So yeah, I do like contemplating. So I will do that with your post most likely.

Anything else, go ahead and create a thread Princess. I'm good though.

Bye Bye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users