- - - - -

The Best Of Occult Corpus

4 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

The mods and I talked about creating a contest recently.

The idea that we came up with is that every few weeks, we would put up a best of thread where members would post links from old Occult Corpus posts that they believed offered clear insights into a particular topic. At the end of the week, a poll would be created where people can vote on the member that they think picked the best old post about the topic. The top three poll winners for the topic will each receive a book of a list that I will provide shortly. Every month or so, I will update the list and add more books.

At the end of each contest, the thread will be cleaned up and the best old posts will be placed together in one tagged new thread in the appropriate section.

An example of a best of thread could be something like "The Best of Banishing." That topic would not be my first choice, but it works as an example.What topics would you like to see?

Here is the current book list:

The Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects by Alexandra David-Neel and Lama Yongden

The Perfection of Yoga by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

The Dream and the Underworld by James Hillman

The Magic of Believing by Claude M. Bristol

Wherever You Go There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (Hardcover) by Jon Kabat-Zinn

Karma-Yoga and Bhakti-Yoga by Swami Vivekananda

Raja-Yoga by Swami Vivekananda

The Undiscovered Self by J.G. Jung

Traditional Chinese Medicine: The A-Z Guide to Natural Healing from the Orient by Carol Hart, Ph.D., and Magnolia Goh, L.a.c.

The Hidden History of the Human Race: The Condensed Edition of Forbidden Archeology by Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson

The Gods of the Egyptions by E.A. Wallis Budge

The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda

The Tao Speaks: Lao-Tzu's Whispers of Wisdom by Tsai Chih Chung

Creating an Imaginative Life: Widely Acclaimed Musician Shares His Creative Evolution and Invites Us to More Fully Integrate Creativity Into Our Lives by Michael Jones

Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind (Hardcover) by Graham Hancock

Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L Weiss, M.D.

Through Time Into Healing by Brian L. Weiss, M.D.

Zen Meet Freud In The Search For Happiness by Dr. Arthur Sokoloff

Myths of Light: Eastern Metaphors of the Eternal by Joseph Campbell

Advanced Candle Magick by Ray Buckland

Handbook for the Recently Enlightened by Duncan Barford

Keys to Inner Space: An Open-Ended Guide to Occultism, Metaphysics, and the Transcendental by Lehmann Hisey

Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain

The Island of the Day Before by Umberto Eco

#2 ChaosTech

All Religions' Wheel

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationThe end of Time

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:31 AM

Cool idea. I was thinking of this too the other day coincidentally about OC. The best threads should be sketched out and put into a book, to sell, which funds from would go to OC owners to run OC, server costs.
Posted Image

For nearly 20 years I meditated on and studied that which has no name, but is absolute, infinite, beyond both small and large. Finally one day I realized the limits of my sentient consciousness. It has all power over whether we are it or dual. There is no choice of the nondual, for choice is dual. Just be, live, do what you will, with love and wisdom. As Hermes said, in a time yet unborn, all shall be one, and one shall be all. True enlightenment has nothing to do with attainment. It's an inner peace, that there is nothing to be done, I call it surrender to the Spirit.

#3 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:58 AM

Chaos Tech, I don't know if that is possilble, but that may be one of the best ideas you ever had.

#4 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

I'd have to reread the tos agreement but I think the OC could do this. Great idea CT
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#5 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:05 PM

I like the idea CT. Thanks for sharing it.

As of now, we unfortunately do not have any entries. I am considering sweetening the pot with an additional prize for the first place winner. I am considering offering a planetary talisman with a dozen consecrated candles for charging it once a month. I'm not sure if that is too big of a prize though.

Does anyone have an opinion?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users