- - - - -

Your Impressions Of This Sigil Please...

17 replies to this topic

#1 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

I spent the weekend trying to birth an egregore, I think it took, and I was wondering what kind of impressions you guys might pick up from the sigil alone.

Posted Image

Name? Purpose? Functions? Themes? Visual impression? Anything at all.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#2 The Stalking Hyena

Revolving Door

• Old Timers
  • 532 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Erisian Pinky and the Brain global dominance schematic using the Simon Necronomicon and a kabob.
Is the ruler part of the sigil? Can't process...

Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#3 Curious Cat

Dances With The Dead

• Owner
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

It looks like the sigil of a Venusian attraction spirit, particularly with the big V in the center and the hook at the bottom.

#4 Sandalphon

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

It's every bespoke taylor's nightmare.  So very smooth.

#5 Neptune.

• Old Timers
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

First thing I thought was faun then fawn. Very calucating, want to harmoize and be cute but she got an iron fist in velvet glove. Seem useful for infleunce-persuasion magick. I see horned god vibe too which suggest mentor-teacher vibe.

#6 PheonixAlpha

• Old Timers
  • 390 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

I see an aardvark / anteater / mole type creature searching for something, perhaps treasure. Feels like its trying to be very accurate and the word "concentration" keeps coming to mind, it might mean concentration as in focusing the mind or it might mean a distillation of energy and force.
There is no such thing as ugliness there are only prejudiced eyes.

It is the wise person who looks not only from the height as an eagle or from the depths as a fish but from the view of an ant or an elephant and everything in between, but an even wiser person remembers there own perspective must not be ignored less you miss the beauty that is within you or perhaps that tiger creeping up from behind.

#7 Sandalphon

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:59 PM

Faust -  for obvious reasons and Marguerite, but because of the background. Or should I have said Gretchen?

#8 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Doe, a dear, a female dear. But a baby one. Bringing ur fav things to u.

Edited by RoseRed, 27 July 2015 - 07:33 PM.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#9 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,684 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

Shrimp and grits.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#10 grbree

• Old Timers
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

A calf, one which grows fast and fat, background suggests life is that which grows and the ruler shows it's meant to be measured.
He who can surpass death so will conquer life.

It is what it is.

#11 Imperial Arts

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationA Hole in the Ground

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

You've ruined your mother's tablecloth.
https://www.lulu.com...ibutorId=588142

http://www.lulu.com/...t-22253942.html

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Wilson & Shea, Illuminatus!

#12 san_sao

• Old Timers
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

A donkey, but that's purely based on the morphology. It's interesting how many people associated it with an animal.

Also, it feels to me like the inner "animal" and the triangle/fish hook component are two different ideas.

#13 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Fantastic responses, thank you all very much. I think that was just what I was looking for.

It's a personal defense egregoare which I lovingly call The Rat Guard. Intended to protect from magical attacks, track back to the source, and swarm.

Now I don't do a lot of curses, but sometimes I come up with a really good idea for one and post it for instructional purposes, and inevitably some jackass will use it against me. I thought using a Rat King would be a good basis for a curse to target a group or people, but before I posted it I wanted to protect myself and my peeps against any such curses. I also had no personal defenses whatsoever Rat guard works both as a persona guard and as the Rat King's royal guard.

View PostThe Stalking Hyena, on 27 July 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Erisian Pinky and the Brain global dominance schematic using the Simon Necronomicon and a kabob.
Is the ruler part of the sigil? Can't process...

Hell yeah, that fits really well.

No the ruler isn't part of it, Just a random image I used as a template. Going to start using those on all my art.

View PostSandalphon, on 27 July 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

It's every bespoke taylor's nightmare. So very smooth.

It does have the structure of nightmare built into it as am integral part, giving it it's swarming power.

-"First thing I thought was faun then fawn. Very calucating, want to harmoize and be cute but she got an iron fist in velvet glove. Seem useful for infleunce-persuasion magick. I see horned god vibe too which suggest mentor-teacher vibe."

Iron glove persuasion indeed!

-"I see an aardvark / anteater / mole type creature searching for something, perhaps treasure. Feels like its trying to be very accurate and the word "concentration" keeps coming to mind, it might mean concentration as in focusing the mind or it might mean a distillation of energy and force."

So big rat looking things? Check. Looking for threats and chewing up their lines of access

-"A calf, one which grows fast and fat, background suggests life is that which grows and the ruler shows it's meant to be measured."

That sounds like a growing swarm.

View Postsan_sao, on 27 July 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

A donkey, but that's purely based on the morphology. It's interesting how many people associated it with an animal.

Also, it feels to me like the inner "animal" and the triangle/fish hook component are two different ideas.

The core feature was the Rat, so I'm glad to see so many animals. Although that could simply be a result of the "ears" I added last minute as a result of that grid.

Indeed those are two different components. It was a group effort I spearheaded over at the DKMU and it was interesting how it all came together, very organic.
The central element is my simplified rendition of the DKMU's Doombringer. The outer part started as a triangular gateway sigil. mixed with the DKMU's triangular Black Trigag. It kept blending and evolving, it was a pretty neat process, and I'm really happy with the end result.

Edited by TheCusp, 28 July 2015 - 12:19 AM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#14 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Posted Image

#15 PheonixAlpha

• Old Timers
  • 390 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

OHHH its a giant rat!!! that makes much more sense of what I saw! It was searching for threats and keeping watch.

How rat like have you made it? Does it have a rats weaknesses? What if someone makes "Rat Traps and Rat Poisons" as a counter to it? Or has their own protections in animal forms to fight it? a snake? an eagle?

Edited by PheonixAlpha, 29 July 2015 - 09:54 AM.

There is no such thing as ugliness there are only prejudiced eyes.

It is the wise person who looks not only from the height as an eagle or from the depths as a fish but from the view of an ant or an elephant and everything in between, but an even wiser person remembers there own perspective must not be ignored less you miss the beauty that is within you or perhaps that tiger creeping up from behind.

#16 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

What's he got on his back?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#17 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

I thought it was a backpack at first, but now that I look, it seems to be a cloak. I didn't make that rat, but the fractal blur I used on the sigil really works.

Never really gave any thought to weaknesses, the swarmy nature should overcome any threats.

#18 san_sao

• Old Timers
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostTheCusp, on 29 July 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

the fractal blur I used on the sigil really works.

It (along with the modifications) certainly gives it a more sinister appearance. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users