Paradigm Diagram

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

The following is a simplistic diagram structuring my spiritual paradigm, just wanted some feedback on the general idea. It'll likely get increasingly complex as I continue, and the color association may change due to some confliction on my part. For example, Light may eventually end up recieving the blue color association.

The idea is that each sphere borrows the color of its two partner spheres as accents. So, in this diagram, Darkness would borrow both red and white as accents to its black. If Light is changed to blue, however, then Darkness would aquire a blue accent whilst white would likely remain with Darkness under the pretense that it's ultimately within the grayscale. Still, while I believe white is associated to Darkness...it's also a "color" we have associated to light for...a long time.

Ultimately, you can see my confliction on the matter. The green within the tether section is entirely irrelevant and based upon the fact that I needed to color it with something to differenciate it with the surrounding spheres. In truth, it's just a malestrom of all the surrounding spheres in a constant state of fluctuation due to the fact that it's influenced by the four surrounding spheres. The tether represents where we are now, this universe, and many others, along with the spiritual bubble that surrounds them all influenced heavily by the four aspect spheres.

Posted Image

Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com

"What wondrously wicked webs we weave..." -Tenebrae

#2 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Well the basic idea seems very much in accord with some of the more traditional 4-fold/8-fold, compass-like schemes that usually have those four elements and the four resulting syzygies. You could easily overlay the Jungian-inspired compass diagram from Ramsey Dukes' S.S.O.T.B.M.E. over it with no issues. Here it is for comparison:

Posted Image

I can't really say much about your colour choices or what they should or shouldn't be. I get your idea though and think it's sound. You'll just have to work something out that you're comfortable with but I would stick with your categorical/directional placements.

#3 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

That's actually quite intriguing. I've always refrained from researching outside of my own paradigm to avoid external influence; I'll occasionally poke into various things in order to gain the basic understanding of the notion but tend to hesitate from any sort of hard core studying on alternative concepts. Not so sure this would overlay very well though, I see elements of those four within each of the aspects I've got established.

Anyway, yeah...the catagories and placements seem perfect...it's just that color association for Light that I'm a bit conflicted on. If it becomes blue...the entire color spectrum is in place because all three primary colors are represented along with Darkness being the shades and absense of light. I'm not sure just yet, I'm waiting for feedback from an ex-vassal of mine who's always held the same beliefs as I, but sees herself as being of Light rather than my association to Darkness.

Posted Image

Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com

"What wondrously wicked webs we weave..." -Tenebrae

#4 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

You seeing elements of each of those in all aspects of yours is kind of the point actually. In the book S.S.O.T.B.M.E. Dukes' diagram there is meant as a directional compass and not meant as categories or tight little boxes to place things in. His theory behind it is actually quite a useful one but it's a little complicated to spell it out here. He wrote that whole book trying to bring it all together. If you're interested in taking a look it's quite FREE. Oh, and it's also free of paradigm so it should only enhance what you do personally. That book is actually the first shot fired for Chaos Magick.

Edited by Nalyd Khezr Bey, 29 May 2015 - 11:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users