The Psychonaut Field Manual

psychonaut magick magic chaos

20 replies to this topic

#1 Khezef

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationInside my head

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

A little while ago I found a very nice exercise collection for beginners, very easy to understand and in a step-by-step order. And very nice illustrated as well.

The Artist and Author is bluefluke on deviantart.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Khezef
From Gold make Steel

#2 Simon.Magus

• Old Timers
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Mmmm I like this a lot! Very visually appealing and easy to digest. Thanks for posting!

#3 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,517 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

I always judge this kind of material by how mad I get that I didn't have access to it when I first studied and acted upon my studies in the Occult.

On a scale of Meh to murderous rage; I'd place this at a " Well damn, I never had anything this snazzy when I started out"
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#4 Somniphore

• Old Timers
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:52 AM

I'll echo the above replies, certainly. I think the idea(s) for the modern infographic are simply wonderful.

I really like this. Thank you for sharing it :)

#5 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

I saw this a few weeks ago on Facebook and shared it with my new members' group. ( Wasn't keeping it from you people, I just would have trouble posting it here so that it was large and clear like this.) I think it's so creative and has techniques that sound potentially very good but are not widely known. There are two that I want to work through, which really you should do before you do anything else, and this is one of them.
The other was by one Frater Xavier and it was an instruction to spend three months accepting all your positive thoughts and rejecting all your negative thoughts. I'm still struggling to start doing that, then this one is next. I really think some of us skip things that are basic and fundamental and then later we come across it and say, "aaargh! I didn't do that."

#6 ampoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Nice and concise. Thanks..(Pretty pictures too!) :D

#7 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Wow. I kinda want to link this in the noob FAQ areas.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#8 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 462 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

I’m a bit concerned about the ‘Learn to Focus’ info in 'Level Two' / 'Step Two'. The distance of staring at the candle flame in the picture is not mentioned, and in the illustration it looks far too close for comfort. It could cause eye damage at that distance.
I would suggest keep the candle at least four feet away, if not a lot more.
For those with sensitive eyes I suggest using a solid object like a stone, apple, seashell, pine cone, etcetera; which of course can be placed quite close in front of you.

#9 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

I had similar thoughts- this isn't quite that and he should tell people to bring a towel, but then I thought eh, its a few pages of cartoon introduction to a massive subject, and its brevity and clarity are worth a few details being left behind. The things that aren't said will spark the minds of those that are curious enough to succeed, and won't matter to the ones who wuss out and quit.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#10 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

voidgazing, on 17 February 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

I had similar thoughts- this isn't quite that and he should tell people to bring a towel, but then I thought eh, its a few pages of cartoon introduction to a massive subject, and its brevity and clarity are worth a few details being left behind. The things that aren't said will spark the minds of those that are curious enough to succeed, and won't matter to the ones who wuss out and quit.
I've looked over it several times since it was first posted and initially I didn't like it but my thoughts have changed to what you expressed here. If this can inspire someone to take a plunge into using magical means to examine and explore themselves then great. It won't speak to everyone but it may speak to those who may be turned off with other approaches. The whole "magic is the hacking of one's own mind" may have spoken to me back in the 1990's when I was in my twenties but it says nothing to me now after 20 plus years of various magical experimentation under my own belt (or mind).

#11 AdamasOctavius

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

This is great; I wish I had something like this when I started out. Liber MMM was good enough for some of this, but other things took reading, experience, and so on. Great work!
N. NC SCO TEN. BR LVX

#12 Simon.Magus

• Old Timers
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

This is the Gospel tract of modern occultism. Can I get an amen??

#13 Xuanyue-玄月-

Knows the Answer

• Old Timers
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Bluefluke has released the first half of Chapter Two of the Psychonaut Field Manual for those interested.

宇宙在乎手萬化生乎身

#14 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Thank You Xuanyue

#15 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

I came across Bluefluke on Facebook recently and he sounds really young to me (though it doesn't give his age.) If he IS a kid, he must be one of those teachers who reincarnates and carries right on with what they were doing before- I've seen that a lot.

I've started working through this now, trying to go more slowly than I usually do because there are quite a few basics I've skipped over the years. It does feel uncomfortable to aim for one-pointed concentration as a vehicle for gnosis- reminds me of those yogis who are doing it in order to develop siddhis and get themselves material things. That's probably just my hang-up - I'm still a fan of Bluefluke. What do you think?

#16 Xuanyue-玄月-

Knows the Answer

• Old Timers
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

I like some things about it, but it's not really in line with my path atm. I still want to see what Bluefluke (not sure of their gender) shares though. Bluefluke shares more bits and has more capability to interact through DeviantArt too.

Despite some warnings given, I am not confident some readers will be able to avoid and/or work through the problems/pitfalls/sticking points that may come up just based on what's provided. I dunno, I feel the approach has imbalances and will have issues avoiding some unwanted physiological and/or psychological effects. But, I guess that's always a danger. I'm being wishy washy with how I'm expressing my opinion, but the point is it's not for me despite anything interesting presented.

I would say I'm still a fan too though.

宇宙在乎手萬化生乎身

#17 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:32 AM

I'm definitely still a fan- any work of this type will say some shit that should be qualified without qualifying it (the certainty about just what happens during invocation for instance might be hilarious to Voodoo peoples for instance). The main message "you can do this, it requires effort, this is a bird and this a bee and if you stick one in the other frightening and awesome results occur" has that swing.

#18 NoxLumina

• Old Timers
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

"hacking your mind"! Very much falls into line with insights I've had about magick in recent months.

#19 magari

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

Chapters 1-3 now available.

http://modernmagick....y_bluefluke.pdf

http://bluefluke.dev...ITION-530005584

#20 Kiki

• Old Timers
  • 496 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:00 AM

BlueFluke is pretty cool, he's drawing up a tarot deck too I think. I follow him on FB, and he's actually really nice too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users