- - - - -

Qliphothic Experimentation And Experiences

Qlipoth Kenneth Grant Tunnels of Set Transformation Gnosis 22 Scales of the Serpent Metamorphosis Thelema Typhon Cthulhu

11 replies to this topic

#1 Occult Sorcerer

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

Since I didn't find one, I figured I would make thread devoted to the Qliphoth a.k.a. The Tunnels of Set. Hopefully to act as a sort of melting pot or pool of Qliphothic knowledge that would enhance our techniques and interactions, aswell as a good introductory point for those who have yet to delve into these ominous realms.
Nothing is Permitted,Everything is True

#2 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

There are a few older threads on this subject in the back pages somewhere but oh well. A new one probably won't hurt. I am not at a proper computer to say much right now but I will have a few things to say in this discussion soon.

#3 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

It's not my system, but I was under the impression that the tunnels of Set were the paths on the Tree of Death, not the qlipot.

#4 Occult Sorcerer

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

Yes and no, They are distinct only from our perspective which is at best limited in scope and deph, at worst completly innacurate. The Qliphoth and the tunnels of Set are in themselves realms of Non-bieng that simultaneosly are interconnecting with and manifesting in our realm as well as interpenetrating eachother. I am new in this field, but I can tell you one thing that old saying is literally true, And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

#5 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:44 AM

As I mentioned, there are a few threads related to this subject floating around in the back pages. THIS discussion may be the most significant of them but it may not be the focus you are aiming for. Several others were started but fizzled out after a couple of posts. Or there is THIS one that I started about the subject as it is approached in a particular book. With your mention of the "tunnels of Set" I suspect that what my thread was about may be what you mean.

To be honest, I've actually become more and more reluctant to talk openly about subjects such as this one in recent years unless I get an indication of who I'm talking to and why they want to know it. So what is it exactly you want to discuss about the Qliphoth and why do you think it's an important topic to break open?

#6 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Well I've got two questions regarding the qliphoth, firstly why would anyone want to work with them in any context besides banishing, and why do the spirits of the GVW get called qliphotic? It seems that the elemental and sublunary spirits catch that rap ever so often.

Edited by wren, 10 February 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#7 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

View Postwren, on 10 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well I've got two questions regarding the qlipha, firstly why would anyone want to work with them in any context besides banishing...
Working with the Qliphoth is actually unavoidable if one really understands the Hermetic Qabalistic scheme in which the whole concept of the Qliphoth rests. The Qliphoth is simply a model for the sum total of all experience in the form of discarded knowledge. Austin Spare might have stated it most eloquently as "knowledge is but the excrement of experience". With that in mind lets look at your other question to elaborate on what I mean.

View Postwren, on 10 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

...and why do the spirits of the GVW get called qliphotic? It seems that the elemental and sublunary spirits catch that rap ever so often.
I will assume you mean the Voudon Gnostic Workbook there. In this case I don't know who you are referring to as considering the entities involved in that current as being Qliphothic. I would say that whoever that may be is probably making the connection to Kenneth Grant's interest in Michael Bertiaux's work and since Grant may have seemed preoccupied with the Qliphoth then anything he is interested in must be a part of it. This thinking fails to understand both sources. In other words, it's just ignorance talking.

None of these "spirits" or "entities" are Qliphothic. The Qliphoth are shells; mere recordings; data. One way to try and grasp the concept of the Qliphoth is to playfully look at it from the perspective of the trans-mundane intelligences that inhabit the other worlds we all claim to be accessing when we perform acts of magick. For them the realm of the Qliphoth is more like a wardrobe where they dig around for the proper attire to make themselves presentable to us. This is why I say that our working with the Qliphoth is unavoidable; it is the medium by which we interact with any of these trans-mundane intelligences. You can classify these entities in any ways you want but even those classifications are drawn from how they resonate with certain Qliphothic frequencies. There are no inherently Qliphothic intelligences.

I hope that is clear. I've attempted to explain this in several ways in various discussions throughout the forums over the years and I never feel I do it justice. Using this particular model is difficult because "qliphoth" has such misunderstood baggage attached to it that one has to get past in order to engage it more properly. Magicians who think of it as negative energies or somehow demonic are only doing themselves a disservice in my opinion.

There is also a reason why there is a more direct emphasis on the Qliphoth in our present time. You could say that we live in an era where the masks have become more evident. I came upon this revelation several years ago and I mentioned it HERE but no one seemed interested. The new alignments I mention there are why the energies associated with Yesod and Da'ath resonate so strongly in our current time.

#8 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

It certainly makes more sense than I am accustomed to when the subject comes up.

#9 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

I will assume you mean the Voudon Gnostic Workbook there. In this case I don't know who you are referring to as considering the entities involved in that current as being Qliphothic. I would say that whoever that may be is probably making the connection to Kenneth Grant's interest in Michael Bertiaux's work and since Grant may have seemed preoccupied with the Qliphoth then anything he is interested in must be a part of it. This thinking fails to understand both sources. In other words, it's just ignorance talking.

I think this line of reasoning is my fault. The Lucky Hoodoo spirits are referenced as being Qliphothic in nature in several of my posts and a the term is linked to the spirits throughout much of the non-Bertiaux literature. These sources, often present the VGW as part of a left Handed dark path influenced by negative forces from the Qliphoth One work goes a little deeper channeling Regardie in calling the tree the evil twins or the dark tree of life.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#10 jes

• Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

I feel like learning about traditional Jewish accounts of the Qlippoth helped make sense of the Golden Dawn work that I did. It's easy enough to understand that in Judaism, light comes from God to us and that the Qlippoth or literally 'shells' hide that light away. If you can look at demons as blockages of light, you can work with them and reveal their angelic nature. An angel would be uninhibited passing on of light from God. Although I also think that to say a demon or angel is merely a part of ourselves is oversimplification. Through ritual work, you can come to understand that a scary demon is is potentially a divine angel. The results of my GD work was that the angelic side of entities would show up and break through the shells blocking the light. The result of such things happening could be insight or positive life changes. I had built up a lot of connection with Tiphareth at one point and could direct that energy to 'proselytizing the demons' thus breaking the shells open to receive light. This was actually quite literal in telling them about God mentally, but also energetically connecting them with Tiphareth.

Either CC or Morrigan had mentioned in one of the VGW threads that having a powerful entity on your side helps and I can agree. Regular theurgical work or working with a particular God or Goddess can enrich, direct, and make easier the experience of working with the Qlippoth. This kind of work exists in all traditions in some form or another as far as I understand. I had picked up an interest in demon feeding from Qaexl here and felt like I was lacking context so I started attending a Vajrayana group. The first empowerment offered was Chod oddly enough, the traditional form of demon feeding. I prefer it because you have the help of dakinis, yidams, and lamas on your side. Seeing the full scope of the tradition and learning the basics of that system made for a richer experience. Particularly since Qlippothic work wasn't what I needed at the time or now. I got a message from the root lama that I should wait a year before continuing the practice. So it's important to know if you need Qlippothic work or if the way you are approaching it fits you.

Everyone has their individual needs that may or may not require Qlippothic work at the time. How you approach the Qlippoth may differ as well. You can tackle them head on or you can let them come in their season. I think working with the Qlippoth should be part of a more full spiritual context. I also don't think I completely understand this kind of work yet, so I'm keeping an open mind and would like to learn about them from multiple perspectives in various traditions.
It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play - The Go-Gos

For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.... you have no power over me.

#11 immanuel644

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

A classical understanding of the qlippoth is that they are THIS world when we are ruled by our nephesh. This is the source of the idea that we are working with our shadows, but the nephesh doesn't line up with Jung's shadow very well, being the emotive aspect of qabalistic psychology. When I have time I can respond more thoroughly on the topic but VGW has qlippothic spirits in it, but isn't left hand path in the sense meant in the modern era. In the sense of vama Mary, yes aspects but not in the exaltation of self as god blah blah blah. Hell that isn't even Luciferian like the modern lhp people claim.

#12 Occult Sorcerer

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:51 AM

In response to your question Nalyd Khezr Bey,my interest in the Qliphoth and the tunnels lies primarily as means of exploration and self-metamorphosis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users