- - - - -

Astral Disturbancies After Daily Rituals?

lbrp entities

12 replies to this topic

#1 rosa pristina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hello everyone, I am new here. I face a problem. On periods when I perform my daily rituals regularly there is a loud voice waking me in the morning calling my name. It is definitely related to the rituals as it happens only during these periods of intense practice. The rituals are CC, LBRP, LBRH, INRI, MP.
Donald Krait spoke of little nasties, could it be something else in the astral?
Thank you in advance brothers

#2 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,768 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

People who aren't practicing ritual of any kind experience that too. No one is ever harmed from it either way.

Edited by R. Eugene Laughlin, 25 January 2015 - 07:26 AM.

Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#3 Dunadd

• Old Timers
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFuerteventura, Canary Islands

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

It may be your inner voice, your 'self',getting a bit excited because 'you' know that ritual is coming! Do you put a lot of expectation into what you are doing or are you new to the practice?

#4 rosa pristina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

I am not new, just stopping daily practices when my job forces me to travel, going on when I am back home with my altar etc. Thank you for the replies.

Edited by rosa pristina, 25 January 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#5 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,768 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

rosa pristina, on 25 January 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thank you for the replies.

To add a little more to the topic, I think it's useful to distinguish between magick and feeling magical, and to consider some relevant contextual issues. One of the most predictable effects of beginning to engage in magick activities is what seems like an increase in anomalous, generally inexplicable events, along the lines of the report in the leading post to this thread. The most natural response to that effect is to assume that the magick-specific activities are causing the anomalous experiences. There are, however, alternative explanations worth considering.

One possibility is that what the practitioner tends to notice changes soon after the practices begin; a more or less attentional issue of a general nature. There may be a related memory component too. In the wider culture of occult studies, there seems to be a fairly strong tendency to underestimate the occurrence of comparable anomalous experiences in the general population. That could be due, at least in part, to the fact that people who are attracted to and who engage in occult studies, and particularly those who engage in related practices, cannot have first hand knowledge of what it's like to not do those things. I suspect that the experiences at issue are a generally human thing and that they may even be equally common among practitioners and everyone else.

The biggest difference between magick practitioners (of any sort) and the general population, I posit, is that they have a more specific activity to associate with their anomalous experiences. In other words, assuming that everyone is roughly equally subject to such experiences, people who don't study/practice in the occult studies vein have a lot less to pin it on, so they tend to think less of them. So the non-practitioner is less likely to report to and discuss them with others, and so is more likely to pass them off in the moment then more or less forget, out of habit. On the other side, having specific activities to associate such experiences gives the practitioner more reason to think about them, and for longer periods of time, so they remember better.

Now add this cautionary perspective to the above. Most practices that could foster these attentional and memory effects also provide an interpretational framework: spirits, chi, karma, and so on. From there, even a slight uptick in the salience of anomalous experience following a given practice within a prefab interpretational frame can quickly form expectations that feed into a self-fulfilling-prophecy dynamic. Motivated and hungry for evidence that the new practices are working, a few anomalous experiences can provide powerful basis for real superstition to develop. We do well to notice that these proposed dynamics may apply equally to very different, even contradictory interpretational frames. From that point of view, we're talking about a pitfall of such practices, a trap, not a goal, and certainly not a sign that "it's working."

To conclude in keeping with what I already posted, aside from differences in the frequency of report and discussion, in the vast majority of cases, having such experiences does not appear to be harmful to anyone. practitioner or not. Amusing, interesting, possibly puzzling, but not dangerous. The advice to the early-stage practitioner is to keep working and keep good notes of everything. Save interpretation and decisions for later... way later. That is, don't assume your practice caused a given experience, and don't assume that a given experience is meaningful or important. It takes a lot of time and experience to develop a real sense of the meaningful, important patterns of activity and effects. Keep working, keep good notes, and above all, keep an open mind.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#6 rosa pristina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

R. Eugene Laughlin, on 25 January 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

That is, don't assume your practice caused a given experience, and don't assume that a given experience is meaningful or important. It takes a lot of time and experience to develop a real sense of the meaningful, important patterns of activity and effects. Keep working, keep good notes, and above all, keep an open mind.

Brother R. Eugene Laughlin, your answer is highly appreciated, especially these last wise lines. i will follow your advice.

#7 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

Or you could look into witchcraft.

Have you considered a portable alter that you can take with you?

Have you seen the movie gladiator? how small was his portable alter? It fit in a marble sack.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#8 AdamasOctavius

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

R. Eugene Laughlin, on 25 January 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

Save interpretation and decisions for later... way later.

Realistically, few will follow this advice. So it is important to revise your interpretations if you don't save this for later; be aware of cognitive biases and don't interpret in light of old interpretations.
N. NC SCO TEN. BR LVX

#9 Dunadd

• Old Timers
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFuerteventura, Canary Islands

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

AdamasOctavius, on 27 January 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Realistically, few will follow this advice. So it is important to revise your interpretations if you don't save this for later; be aware of cognitive biases and don't interpret in light of old interpretations.

This is where the keeping of an accurate diary, dream and otherwise, for future reference is vital. I suppose keeping any kind of diary can be considered repetitious and tedious, but as an example, I looked back to one of mine from 1989 to find a bindrune which didn't work athe time, but has surfaced now. Time outwith time.

#10 rosa pristina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

RoseRed, on 25 January 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

Or you could look into witchcraft.

Have you considered a portable alter that you can take with you?

Have you seen the movie gladiator? how small was his portable alter? It fit in a marble sack.

It is more a matter of concentration after a tiring day during work trips than lack of an altar . I know that even a convenience table would do, or even an astral, or portable altar. :-)

#11 rosa pristina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

Dunadd, on 27 January 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

This is where the keeping of an accurate diary, dream and otherwise, for future reference is vital. I suppose keeping any kind of diary can be considered repetitious and tedious, but as an example, I looked back to one of mine from 1989 to find a bindrune which didn't work athe time, but has surfaced now. Time outwith time.

Keeping a diary is crucial, even if interpretations come later. My diary is important as I compare and contrast results, finding mistakes later on, mostly mistakes, or patterns that help me. Thank you!

#12 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

I am highly sceptical that keeping a journal will magically make bias less of a problem. Old bias is just going to be replaced by new bias. Perform to the best of your abilities and know that you can be wrong. Also consider what you are saying when you say that using an altar is a pain. You are saying that it's too bothersome to improve yourself or to honor your conception of Divinity.

#13 jes

• Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

I just wanted to thank you REL for your advice, I've discovered its relevancy. It may take quite a while to work out cause and effect when beginning a practice. Also great idea, Rose, I'm moving and the portable altar was a great idea. Love to think about ritual magic in new ways.
It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play - The Go-Gos

For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.... you have no power over me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users