Dream Entities

Dreams spirits

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shayla3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

First I apologize if this topic is under the wrong thread.
I've been reading posts from other people, and though I may find some similarities none seem to really be what I'm looking for...

I've always had occasional dream déjà Vu, I can remember as far back as grade 3.
It's not frequent, it comes when it does, and it's usually just basic mundane things like I remember I had already done this before. I am a believer in spirits, and the uncaged consciousness, but can't seem to figure out if it's my imagination or something else.Though they feel incredibly real I guess the mind is a powerful thing.

The first time, last year, I woke up after having a reoccurring dream that I was just waking up in the morning. I knew I was still asleep and it was not morning, so forced myself to wake up. But upon awaking again, I knew again that I was not awake and still in my dream. This happened about 8 times, and I felt like something was forcing me to have this dream, though I don't know why. When I did wake up, for real, I was paralyzed and knew something was above my body. I couldn't move though, and was panicking to gain control over my body. When I finally shot up, the entity whatever it was, shot back to the wall. All I could see was like a type of aura but not an actual being.
I sensed initially while staring at it, that it was confused or afraid, and than angry.
I managed to get out of my bed and room and fell Into my hallway wall, my mind trying to run but feet still unable to.

Again these past few weeks, one was sitting on the end of my bed, while I was asleep. I knew I was sleeping and lying down but it was like I was looking at it sitting up.
But this one had a body, small and short wearing a hooded shirt. So I can't describe a face
This one came a second time, short hooded but stood over me while I was sleeping with a white bladed knife of some kind holding it two handed over it's head.Not sure if it was bone or metal, just that it was a white blade.
All of these I'm paralyzed and I'm aware I'm dreaming and wake myself in a panic.
Except the ones with bodies disappear when I awake.

Does anyone else have these types of nightmares? If so how did you figure out if there was actually something coming to you in your sleep or it was just a dream, and make it stop?
I'd really like a good nights sleep, lol!
Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

That stuff is not uncommon. The most logical and reassuring explanation is what I call Desperate Rationalization. Sleep paralysis is necessary so we don't injure ourselves while we dream, and sometimes it's a little slow in switching off. Not being able to move can be worrysome, and the mind becomes desperate to come up with a "logical" explanation. Since there are no good reasons for paralysis, your mind grabs the first far fetched one it can come up with and goes with that. Could be aliens, rapists, ghosts, old hags holding you down.

That's the explanation that lets me sleep at night anyways.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#3 Shayla3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

That would definitely seem like the most plausible explanation!
Blame it on the artists imagination. After I did a tarot spread and got the Judgement card 6 times straight it seemed to dawn on me a bit as well since this card I would generally interpret as higher self.

#4 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

Does anyone else have these types of nightmares? If so how did you figure out if there was actually something coming to you in your sleep or it was just a dream, and make it stop?

This is going to sound glib, but: become fearless. This may be accomplished with a pre-sleepy time autohypnotic suggestion (same way you would try to initiate a lucid dream), or by becoming someone else in dreams- an alter-ego.

That will take care of the paralysis angle- that is, the distress makes you try to break free, which feeds the distress... If you can react by going 'ah, OK paralyzed, duly noted' rather than 'jesusfuckfuckfuckfuuuuck!' you're good on that part.

It could also prove to be of immense help if there are actually thingamabobs showing up.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#5 Shayla3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

"ah, OK paralyzed, duly noted' rather than 'jesusfuckfuckfuckfuuuuck!' you're good on that part."

Perfect description of me hahaha!
Thanks ! These definitely help :)

#6 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

If you look up 'sleep paralysis' both on this forum and in other places there is a lot of information about it. Yours is a classic sleep paralysis experience- many people have it and it often involves seeing and hearing entities which may or may not be real ones. Dreaming that you have woken up is a false awakening,and that is very common as well and often occurs along with lucid dreams. It does often happen several times in a row.

#7 Shayla3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

It does indeed seem more common than I had initially thought, which is for sure comforting! Though the ones without the scary paralysis part are not so bad!
It seems a lot of people actually experience speaking with things through deep dream state, i guess it's determining if you're speaking with yourself or not seems to be te tricky part! For example, I have dreams about a woman with 3 brown eyes or a serpent woman with lip piercings and I've actually seen other peoples drawings of this serpent woman, just researching online, and it looks identical, Coincidence perhaps :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users