Shamanic Time Travel?

shamans time travel

6 replies to this topic

#1 toliveagain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

Hello! So I've read a lot of articles and accounts regarding shamans who can time travel within this world. While most of them refer to astral time travel, a few have mentioned shamans who can genuinely, physically travel through time. I'm curious as to how true this is? What evidence is there to back this up? I would prefer if those who don't have any idea about the subject don't post their replies claiming it's "impossible". Thanks.

#2 Atridr

• Old Timers
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

I don't know about shamans, but learning to enter ecstatic trance states does give one ability to manipulate perception of temporal events. I guess that if one truly masters such arts it might be possible to even travel back and forth in time.

#3 toliveagain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostAtridr, on 19 September 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

I don't know about shamans, but learning to enter ecstatic trance states does give one ability to manipulate perception of temporal events. I guess that if one truly masters such arts it might be possible to even travel back and forth in time.

Do you mean physically? Or simply astrally?

#4 Lord of Knowledge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEverywhere...

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

I have many stories about this subject but have not seen anyone actually do it.

The Moon is My Mother

The Sun is My Father

The Earth is My Home

"An it Harm None, Do what ye will"

#5 Monkey Sage

Founder

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:01 PM

I seriously don't believe it. I don't think those stories are meant to be taken seriously. I do believe that something is going on which could be described as "time travel" due to the limitations of our language, but I don't think it's a case of a Shaman using an Entheogenic TARDIS to take a romp through Victorian England for an afternoon, or zipping ahead a couple hundred years to see what weird things we'll be wearing.

No, time doesn't work like that. We think it does because of the way our brains sequence our memories, but no. I accept and admit that time works differently in the spirit world but it's even less rigid there so it's not really something that you can travel through. Spirits can experience events out of sequence and sometimes they can help us to do the same, but experiencing something like that isn't the same thing as travelling through time

Posted Image

#6 monsnoleedra

• Old Timers
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

I think one has to realize that for a lot of shamanic beliefs time is all present at once. Time is not linear in that capacity so all that was, all that will be and all that could be are available to be explored. That not even truly touching upon the notion of stacked dimensions where time is flowing and one is in the same place upon each but the background events that shape it are different. The typical in this dimension Germany won WWI, the British defeated the colonist and the US was never truly born, etc.
I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

#7 Ching

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBurford Ontario Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

monsnoledra-I want you to understand that I am not native but much of what I learned in the beginning of my path was taught to me by one who was.I tend to agree with what you said about time.I researched Shamanic travel for a period of just over three years back about fifteen years ago with a student I was working with over the net and came up with about the same conclusion.To me time is only a word created by man.

One of the things we worked on was attempting to go into ecstatic trance and travel together we would then send the results of these attempts to each other at a prearranged time.This way neither of us would have the benefit of reading each other's reports before sending theirs.At first nothing was happening but after about nine or ten months there were things beginning to show that it was possible.After about two years and many,many attempts we found the reports were most of the time accurate.

One of the places travelled to was a place in norhen Ontario,Agawa Rock.I travelled many times there in person in my younger years in person and found it had great power and was a portal to the spirit words.If you are interested Agawa Rock can be found on the net.There are also pictographs there that date back to around the seventeen hundreds.

toliveagin-I believe the question you ask would be possible if one was to seek the knowledge to be able to do it.In my case my travels were to seek knowledge only and there was no need.I have sat and spoken with Myeengun who is the one who originally found the powers of Agawa Rock and did the original pictographs there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users