- - - - -

Sites To Help Me Rid Myself Of Christian Programming?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Discord

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

I have an opportunity to get some magic lessons in black magick, but the group giving the lessons is a Satanist group. Every time I see the name Satan, I have this feeling like if I get too deep into it, I'll corrupt my soul or something. I've heard that many Satanists are actually pretty nice people, but I still can't shake that paranoia, and I hard that if I have any doubts, it's best to wait til I remove those doubts before starting.

#2 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

You are the only thing in this universe that can convince yourself of anything. You can justify, espouse or deny anything as true or false, regardless if they are true or false and no one can do that for you.

If you wish to rid yourself of Christian values, then it is entirely and utterly up to you to find out why, what and how by examining yourself for these answers.
If you do not wish to, that is equally valid.

If you get the heebee jeebees from Satanists, then it is entirely and utterly up to you to find out why, what and how by examining yourself for these answers.
If you do not wish to, that is equally valid.

There is no website that can Think for you. There is no website that can tell you what, or how to believe or how deeply you believe it.
These are all your choices to work with, and work through.

#3 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostDiscord, on 14 August 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

I've heard that many Satanists are actually pretty nice people, but I still can't shake that paranoia, and I hard that if I have any doubts, it's best to wait til I remove those doubts before starting.

Absolutely, from the sound of it, you'd probably end up haunting yourself, or at the very least, having things go disastrously wrong.

I'm not sure you can ever remove the programming. You can lessen it's influence and strength through neglect, and build up new systems of associations until those new ones are stronger than the old ones, but they'll still always be there. Instead of just scrapping everything, it would be more practical to use what you already have and modify your existing paradigm. Perhaps you'd be better off with gnosticism or christian mysticism.

Calling magic black seems silly to me. It's the old argument that guns don't kill people, people do. Likewise, it's not the magic that's black, it's the people and what they use it for.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#4 Shinichi

• Old Timers
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Christianity has a whole field of mysticism and magic all its own, not to mention the mysteries of Jewish magic. Your cultural raising can be a very valuable tool if you wish to learn magic for spiritual or mystic purposes in the long run.

If you want to rid yourself of religious programming anyway, then just go slow and practice Introspection -- in other words, fulfill the declaration of the Oracle of Delphi: "Man, Know Thyself!" Look inwards and ask yourself why you feel certain ways about certain things. There are many natural aspects of life Christianity tells you are Evil and Wrong, and a number of those will stick deep inside your Psyche. Find these things. Sorcery may be one of them, and it is for most Christians, but that doesn't mean you have to start there or even that you have to end up there.

Conquering these little aspects of cultural programming one at a time is a form of initiation in and of itself, so don't worry about jumping head first into magic -- just examine your views of life in general.

~:Shin:~
"There is no such thing as Impossible. It's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will may be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise

#5 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

sounds like you need to have a long talk with you.Before you go brain hacking

#6 Sandalphon

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Dear Discord

Do not destroy your christ-morality for temporal kicks. Satan exists only in that part of humanity which is unpleasant and corrupt, weak and greedy, -- out for a quick fix and an easy solution to the daily grind.

Get rid of those illusions, learn about your Self and forget the name-calling which only diminishes and cheapens the splendour of everlasting Reality.

#7 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,499 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

You know, the Satan you're talking about is a Christian deity, part of the Christian mythos.

If you were raised to fear Satan, you can get over those fears but most people can't do it by decision alone. There are various techniques. Witchcraft training for White Protestant kids in the 1960's and 70's typically including reciting or writing out the Lord's Prayer backwards. Once may be sufficient, but some repetition might help.

I think the original idea is to shock yourself out of your previously set thinking patterns.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#8 Discord

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 14 August 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

You know, the Satan you're talking about is a Christian deity, part of the Christian mythos.

If you were raised to fear Satan, you can get over those fears but most people can't do it by decision alone. There are various techniques. Witchcraft training for White Protestant kids in the 1960's and 70's typically including reciting or writing out the Lord's Prayer backwards. Once may be sufficient, but some repetition might help.

I think the original idea is to shock yourself out of your previously set thinking patterns.
Well, my belief is that Lucifer was sent to Earth to guide mankind on it's quest to Godhood, after God, the impersonal creation force split itself into spirits to be born as humans to fully experience creation. The Lucifer I believe in has nothing to do with the Bible and is not a God who demands worship, but a being who is to be considered a guide, or a teacher. He is the light that rises against oppressive dogma, and exposes ignorance.

#9 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,499 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

But you started the thread with:

View PostDiscord, on 14 August 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Every time I see the name Satan, I have this feeling like if I get too deep into it, I'll corrupt my soul or something.

Not to mention that your title is asking for Christian deprogramming tips.

So why are you on about this:

View PostDiscord, on 15 August 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Well, my belief is that Lucifer was sent to Earth to guide mankind on it's quest to Godhood, after God, the impersonal creation force split itself into spirits to be born as humans to fully experience creation. The Lucifer I believe in has nothing to do with the Bible and is not a God who demands worship, but a being who is to be considered a guide, or a teacher. He is the light that rises against oppressive dogma, and exposes ignorance.

?

Edited by R. Eugene Laughlin, 15 August 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#10 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Honestly, it sounds like your going towards Satan to get away from your Christian programming, but it's that very Christian programming which is telling you Satan is the way to go to accomplish your goal. Rather ironic.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#11 Discord

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostR. Eugene Laughlin, on 15 August 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

But you started the thread with:

Not to mention that your title is asking for Christian deprogramming tips.

So why are you on about this:

?
What I'm saying is I believe Lucifer might be the angel of light that wants to illuminate mankind, but part of me still believes he is Satan, who wants to pull us all into the pit. But I'll see if I can invoke Saint Michael some time, he'll give me the answers I need. Of course, there's the matter of me learning to invoke in the first place, and it'll be a long while before I feel I'm ready to start, so learning everything I can in the meanwhile.

Edited by Discord, 15 August 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#12 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,499 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostDiscord, on 15 August 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

...so learning everything I can in the meanwhile.

You have too many beliefs to learn much. Loosen up. Read more. talk less.

#13 wren

• Moderators
  • 890 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

There's an old saying that I think is appropriate here, "If you swear on one, you swear on both (regarding God and the Devil)."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users