Jump to content


- - - - -

Servitor Hive


38 replies to this topic

#21 Brennan

    Venerable Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Something that has struck me as somewhat funny is how the language surrounding servitors gives the impression, or insinuates that a servitor somehow does things to things, and that is how they inherently function. As an analogy to this, I will use a dam and a river:

The river is doing its thing, all fine and dandy, just going its own flow.

But someone does not like that.

They want it to change.


So, they build a dam, and that dam seemingly changes the river's flow. That is the impression I get when I read about servitors.

But the thing is, the river's tendencies haven't changed. They've just been temporarily blockaded, and yes, while it is blockaded it will alter the terrain.. but remove that dam, and things will more than likely go back to resembling how they started. The river's flow is once again unimpeded.

Another thing that has struck me as funny is that, when reading about servitors, I get the impression that they're thought of as being external, that it inherently is an external entity.

So.

My question is..

what would happen if there were countless, a near infinite number of microscopic servitors within the body, each one aiming to do it's very best to aid that body's well being and health?

What I am suggesting isn't an external, central servitor. But rather a sort of cellular ... psi-bernetic system wherein each cell was intrinsically connected to a servitor, and that servitor's sole purpose was to assist and aid in that body's ability to function at it's highest level. It's central command? Well, it wouldn't need one. It is like a magi-tech suit on a cellular level.

So my suggestion is that, perhaps instead of creating a hive-servitor that will enforce your will upon someone's/your own biology like a dam confines a river.. ..you enhance what is already present to it's maximum potential, using servitechniques based on the already present hive that exists within you?

#22 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

View Postz0b, on 14 August 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

A very romantic notion the truth is they are to be a creation of your will limited by your ability to put into the construct the fact is the more you put in the least you will be able to influence any outcomes of the creation.How do you intend to feed this lifeform if you are not creative enough you will tie it to you then it will see you and others in time as food Im not saying don't or you can't do such a thing but think it through a bit man other wise you will bring much unforeseen to you and possibly others.

As energy healer, techniques to channel energy to desired locations become evident with practice.
Plain Vanilla dude

#23 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostBrennan, on 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

......... how the language surrounding servitors gives the impression, or insinuates that a servitor somehow does things to things, and that is how they inherently function...........
IMHO the process giving birth to a servitor/(artificial)spirit takes into consideration "at objective level of awareness" that necessary known parameters are fed during birthing process. While considering known parameters to work with, a practitioner activates "subjective processes" that the servitor/(artificial) spirit can use as and when required. Practitioner can also emphasize during birthing process for means to source further ways and means for completing assignments.

The "somehow does things" is done via objective force feeding during birthing and subjective attachments post activation.

View PostBrennan, on 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

But the thing is, the river's tendencies haven't changed. They've just been temporarily blockaded, and yes, while it is blockaded it will alter the terrain.. but remove that dam, and things will more than likely go back to resembling how they started. The river's flow is once again unimpeded.
If development of dam to alter direction of the river, is followed by channeling altered direction to a viable destination, then removing the dam will hardly affect the new course of the river. IMHO.

View PostBrennan, on 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

Another thing that has struck me as funny is that, when reading about servitors, I get the impression that they're thought of as being external, that it inherently is an external entity.
It can be made to reside outside/external to the creator. After all Elis started as a servitor so did Fotamecus. Besides there is Tidfin (posted on some earlier posts). These held signature of the creator and were made to reside and operate external to the creator. Hoodoo mojo bags are another example. IMHO.

View PostBrennan, on 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

what would happen if there were countless, a near infinite number of microscopic servitors within the body, each one aiming to do it's very best to aid that body's well being and health?

What I am suggesting isn't an external, central servitor. But rather a sort of cellular ... psi-bernetic system wherein each cell was intrinsically connected to a servitor, and that servitor's sole purpose was to assist and aid in that body's ability to function at it's highest level. It's central command? Well, it wouldn't need one. It is like a magi-tech suit on a cellular level.
This is very true and given in the video and movies like "Water", "What the Bleep do we know" and also the Ramatha stuff and the book on evolution of brain by the person Joe.


View PostBrennan, on 15 August 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

So my suggestion is that, perhaps instead of creating a hive-servitor that will enforce your will upon someone's/your own biology like a dam confines a river.. ..you enhance what is already present to it's maximum potential, using servitechniques based on the already present hive that exists within you?

IMHO, any act that require concentrated effort activate a thoughtform. Writing or speaking or any physical action externalizes this thoughtform. And due to very nature of objective mind (the left brain) that every human has, these thoughtforms tend to die out when focus is diverted. Sigils help in holding momentum of the thoughtform, so does Vision board.

My attempt through this thread is to comprehend what goes into converting a thoughtform(any thoughtform) to a hive. So that when required, I would be able to program the subcomponents and interfaces between the subcomponents of the hive.

My mindset on servitors / (artificial) spirits / (magical entities) was formed on the processes given by the book "Creating magical entities" by Cunnigham. From that perspective, I do consider that servitor can be externalized and also feeding of a servitor is be from source outside the creator. And, servitor holds signature of the creator. Psipog has been another source of information.

Edited by amitabhisgood, 16 August 2014 - 09:46 AM.

Plain Vanilla dude

#24 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

View Postvoidgazing, on 14 August 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

The difference between a regular servitor and a hive/modular servitor is
So hive servitor is also called modular servitor? Any other term used?

View Postvoidgazing, on 14 August 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

The difference between a regular servitor and a hive/modular servitor is that the hive has little pieces of specialized awareness and task completion controlled by a centralized structure (your hive OS). The advantage to it is that you can add and remove those components as you need to with a minimum of effort and fuss. A modular servitor isn't generally as 'aware' as a regular servitor- its more like a dumb machine in my own (admittedly limited) experience.

So this is why we asked why- because a health problem demands awareness a hive usually lacks. The form of the hive will largely be dictated by what you want it to do, you see?

Go with something like 'keep my home happy and running well' instead of the snoring. Subtasks can be delegated relatively easily to hive-processes and nobody is going to stop breathing :-D

Thanx for the info. Is there any demo/sample/script to prepare a hive? If so, can that be shared? An existing template will help.
Plain Vanilla dude

#25 z0b

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

The more you put into it the more the chance for it to do the unforeseen primarily when it comes to function.Two tasks is really pushing it as far as servitors go.Interesting take on it though you still did not explain how this is to be powered.

#26 voidgazing

    Moderator

  • Owner
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Quote

Thanx for the info. Is there any demo/sample/script to prepare a hive? If so, can that be shared? An existing template will help.

Someone around here posted about trouble with a modular servitor (creator died and it was still active, she didn't know where the off switch was!) but I don't know if anyone has ever posted their specific methods.

There have been posts about linked sigils depending on central structures though- look for those, as of course it is quite adaptable to servitors.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#27 Shinichi

    Member

  • Old Timers
  • 291 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

View Postamitabhisgood, on 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

To put it in other words, if hive is to be considered as component, then what are the subcomponents?

Think simply of the definition of the word "hive." A hive is a collection of things working together as one mind, so a servitor hive is a collection of several different servitors connected together.

View Postamitabhisgood, on 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

More important is the initial query about the mechanics and internal programming flow involved in creating a hive servitor.

It's not complicated. You make a servitor, make another one, and connect them together via a broader sphere of purpose.

View Postamitabhisgood, on 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

What are the subcomponents of hive servitor?

Other servitors.

View Postamitabhisgood, on 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

How is a hive servitor different from a non-hive servitor?

It's a single entity working towards a purpose with the skills provided, instead of a collection of entities doing a variety of things towards a purpose with the skills provided. The latter is not necessarily more efficient.

View Postamitabhisgood, on 14 August 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

What considerations (besides the why?: part) should be considered while designing a hive?

Since you got the C++ reference, you can think of it in terms of The Software Development Process.

1) Specify Program Requirements (Why do you want this program?)
2) Analyze the Problem (what are the problems involved in creating this program?)
3) Select an Overall Solution Alogorithm (how is the program going to look and work?)
4) Write the Code (create the actual program)
5) Test the Program (check for flaws, bugs, etc -- is the program doing things it isn't supposed to?)
6) Program Maintenance (update and upgrade as necessary, fixing problems as they arise and making improvements)

This process can technically be applied to any servitor or construct creation. A hive is just another sort of servitor, and depending on Step One in the above process, a hive usually isn't necessary or desirable. Which is why there's so much nagging in this thread. Practical planning is important for practical results. :)



~:Shin:~
"There is no such thing as Impossible. It's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will may be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise

#28 TheCusp

    Member

  • Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

I could see this more of a group project, where several people each have servitors working towards a common goal. Then a hive to organize them all could come in handy.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#29 wren

    Venerable Member

  • Moderators
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

If I was going to do this, I'd start experimenting by finding an old, empty wasps' nest. Then I'd carefully clean the cells that needed it. I'd pack and consecrate each individual cell to one spirit, then consecrate the whole thing and put it in a special container. I'd be improving off of Solomon's Brazen Vessel.

That seemed like what you were asking for, but whether or not it's good advice, nobody knows.

#30 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

View Postz0b, on 17 August 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

The more you put into it the more the chance for it to do the unforeseen primarily when it comes to function.Two tasks is really pushing it as far as servitors go.
Thanx for this info. Will have to consider on including logic for dilemma situation.


View Postvoidgazing, on 17 August 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Someone around here posted about trouble with a modular servitor (creator died and it was still active, she didn't know where the off switch was!) but I don't know if anyone has ever posted their specific methods.

There have been posts about linked sigils depending on central structures though- look for those, as of course it is quite adaptable to servitors.
Thanx VG. Have seen the modular servitor post earlier. That was one of the post considered while wondering on the "How-To".

View PostShinichi, on 22 August 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

Since you got the C++ reference, you can think of it in terms of The Software Development Process.

1) Specify Program Requirements (Why do you want this program?)
2) Analyze the Problem (what are the problems involved in creating this program?)
3) Select an Overall Solution Alogorithm (how is the program going to look and work?)
4) Write the Code (create the actual program)
5) Test the Program (check for flaws, bugs, etc -- is the program doing things it isn't supposed to?)
6) Program Maintenance (update and upgrade as necessary, fixing problems as they arise and making improvements)

This process can technically be applied to any servitor or construct creation. A hive is just another sort of servitor, and depending on Step One in the above process, a hive usually isn't necessary or desirable. Which is why there's so much nagging in this thread. Practical planning is important for practical results. :)
Thanx. Intent is more about identifying "How-To". So giving a life time to hive helps with any "Why?:" IMHO. Creating servitors (with any general intent) to test workable method for assigning life will have to precede other apps I guess.

Edited by amitabhisgood, 26 August 2014 - 06:54 AM.

Plain Vanilla dude

#31 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostTheCusp, on 23 August 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

I could see this more of a group project, where several people each have servitors working towards a common goal. Then a hive to organize them all could come in handy.

Group project will help possibly. As of now, my intention is to custom build functional "How-To" for generating Servitor Hive. Thanx for the idea.
Plain Vanilla dude

#32 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

View Postwren, on 23 August 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

If I was going to do this, I'd start experimenting by finding an old, empty wasps' nest. Then I'd carefully clean the cells that needed it. I'd pack and consecrate each individual cell to one spirit, then consecrate the whole thing and put it in a special container. I'd be improving off of Solomon's Brazen Vessel.

That seemed like what you were asking for, but whether or not it's good advice, nobody knows.

"Consecrate"..... have seen many differing opinion on this word. What is the underlying theme of "Consecrate"?
Thanx for the info on "wasp's net". I find convenience with flannel bags, paper, candles and small items that can be placed in flannel bags.
Plain Vanilla dude

#33 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

View Postvoidgazing, on 17 August 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

There have been posts about linked sigils depending on central structures though- look for those, as of course it is quite adaptable to servitors.

Linked sigils would help. Have been pondering on that line of thought. Haven't seen any post. Will search. Thanx.
Plain Vanilla dude

#34 AdamasOctavius

    Member

  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

View Postamitabhisgood, on 12 August 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

On another thread there was mention of servitor hive or something like that in tune with bee hives.

It is possible to make a hive of servitors or network of servitors having powerful combined effect while individual effect on reality is restricted to one or few functionality?

This sounds like a continuation of the concept of viral servitors. What advantages would this construct offer beyond viral servitors or a well-constructed servitor?
N. NC SCO TEN. BR LVX

#35 amitabhisgood

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostAdamasOctavius, on 23 December 2014 - 02:58 AM, said:

This sounds like a continuation of the concept of viral servitors. What advantages would this construct offer beyond viral servitors or a well-constructed servitor?

IMO reusability, extensible life, multi-tasking, foundation for egregore.

Haven't started any attempt on this yet.

Do inform opinion / inputs.

Edited by amitabhisgood, 26 December 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Plain Vanilla dude

#36 AdamasOctavius

    Member

  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Are you trying to create an egregore? And, if so, why?

Also, are you the only one involved in this project?

If you want PM, I understand.

Edited by AdamasOctavius, 27 December 2014 - 01:32 AM.

N. NC SCO TEN. BR LVX

#37 Kiki

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 496 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

It sounds like sigil shoaling may be an easier method to use.Check out http://runesoup.com/...some-since-2010

#38 kivuli xhaos

    Member

  • Old Timers
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:02 AM

A hive based servitor sounds like an interesting project/puzzle. I have some experience with multiple entity servitors from when I made a pack based one. The main difference will be the structure of command. For a pack the Alpha and beta make the group decisions and delegate specific tasks but for the most part the rest of the pack already know their roles. In a hive (based on SciFi) there is one mind for the whole group and the individuals know what to do based on a cast system and constant information flow with the hive mind. or the hive can be a bit more hands off and sets certain caste as different types of jobs and more of a bureaucratic business structure.

So the first step I would take would be deciding on the overall structure of the hive and the methods for expansion. It would also be a good idea to form some ideas on how the hive and the individuals will attain sustenance and how long you want them to be able to operate without your interaction for a method of controlling unintended side effects.

At this stage I would make an organization flow chart that includes the generic summaries of each entity and their roles inside and out of the hive. Once the organizational structure has been drawn out set this aside for a while so you can reexamine the plans when you are fresh.

Now that you have a solid draft of the set up its time to determine the order of creation that will allow for a staggered boot up. Like a new hive has the new queen and a few workers that will keep her alive while the warriors are incubating. it could be the other way around, i’m not overly familiar with the life cycles of hive insects.

With all of that decided It's time to focus on the finer details on each individual entity. Such as their room and board, and their individual creation procedures.

From this point on it should be straightforward. Altho I currently have no tasks that would require a set up like this I can imagine a few uses for a Hive, Such as a maintenance crew for a large property or Information collection.

-Kivuli

Edited by kivuli xhaos, 26 August 2015 - 04:04 AM.

i decided to irritate him, on the premise that it couldn't make my situation any worse
-Avery Cates

#39 fingerlonger

    Enigma

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

I think the suggestions to look into instects, operating systems, and even grammar as a basis for organizing an orgoverarching structure are a good starting point. After a blueprint is deviced, I'd personalize each role archetype, then go about the process of creating and empowering the servitors. Link these in pattern, and we're off to the races, yeah?

Edited by fingerlonger, 19 September 2015 - 06:18 AM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users